Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2020, 11:23   #31
BHPian

Re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I need to travel from Blore to Thane and back to Blore to bring back my parents to Blore.

For travel by road in pvt car, is an exit and entry pass reqd nowadays for KA of traveling from KA to MH to KA?

What about entry and exit pass for MH?

I had applied for KA exit and entry passes and MH entry pass 1 week ago. Only the KA exit pass has been approved till now, other passes not yet approved.

Anyone traveled bween KA and MH recently?
See https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...as76134915.cms

Looks like MH has still not enabled inter-state travel? (neither entry into MH nor exit from MH)

My MH entry pass is *under process* since past 6 days.

LATER UPDATE:
The following website seems to be the common starting point for applying for ePasses for all states:

https://serviceonline.gov.in/epass/#

For MH, it clearly indicates that only goods-truck ePasses are supported at this time.

Last edited by vharihar : 3rd June 2020 at 11:38.
vharihar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 12:05   #32
BHPian

Re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

Quote:
See https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...as76134915.cms

Looks like MH has still not enabled inter-state travel? (neither entry into MH nor exit from MH)

My MH entry pass is *under process* since past 6 days.

LATER UPDATE:
The following website seems to be the common starting point for applying for ePasses for all states:

https://serviceonline.gov.in/epass/#

For MH, it clearly indicates that only goods-truck ePasses are supported at this time.
I was contemplating a Mumbai to Belgaum drive, but from what I have understood, there is one thing on paper and another in reality. Yesterday a popular local website Allaboutbelgaum confirmed with authorities that vehicles from Mumbai/Pune are not let into Karnataka. Maharashtra guidelines clearly state no interstate road movement from Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur. So better to hold on for now.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 12:14   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

And that is happening on the ground - my house stuff/luggage that was stuck in a Bangalore warehouse since last two months finally entered Mumbai this week; the reason given by the movers&packers was the approval came only from 1st June onwards.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 20:05   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Crossing TN - KA border (Kanyakumari - Bangalore drive update - June 3rd, This is after KA started allowing travelers from TN)

1. I got the TN Pass approved (https://tnepass.tnega.org/). Took a print out as well.

2. I got the KA registration done here, https://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/Sevasindhu/English This is just a registration and approval is not required. Took a print out.

3. I started late by around 7:00AM, by now my friend in Hosur updated me that there is a huge pile-up in KA border towards bangalore. So, I was prepared for a 1-2hour waiting time here.

4. Till I reached Krishnagiri, google map was showing around 20 minutes traffic congestion at the KA border check post.

5. Within TN limits, I was stopped at 9 Check-posts to enter my details (From, To, Name, Age, Mob No).

6. Unexpectedly, the KA entry was smooth. I had to just show the pass and they let me go. I didn't even have to get out of the car. I crossed this check-post around 2:30 PM.

7. However, some cars were stopped, I am not sure about the reason. Mine is a KA registered car, so maybe this made a difference.

8. There was some traffic before this check-post, but at one point cars were asked to take the left most lane, after this it was quick.

Note: Almost all the hotels were closed all along. So, better to carry packed food.

Overall, it was an uneventful drive!
Attached Thumbnails
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-ka-checkpost.jpg  

arun_josie is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 20:29   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Indeed, with new guidelines the Inter State travel has been allowed, without a pass.
Central Government has announced one thing but State Governments have their own say too and at times the two are contrary to each other.
What about amenities on the way ? Hotels for night halt, Mechanics, Toilet, Emergency requirements and so on ? Quarantine requirements put in by State Governments are unpredictable.
Even with Pass, long hours at State Borders are witnessed. Strongly advise not to experiment and stay home if the travel can be put off for the time being.
Old 3rd June 2020, 23:38   #36
BHPian

HI Friends,
I am planning to travel from Bangalore to Kolkata by car on 12th June with a friend and his family. We both can drive. I had earlier applied for both exit and entry passes from the respective states, so I have them as well. I want to halt for night at Vizag and then at Bhubaneshwar. I have enquired with hotels in Vizag and they have assured that by 8th June restaurants are supposed to be operational. My travel is very urgent for my family reasons. Please could anyone provide me some travel pointers which I should follow. I will have my car serviced over this weekend, buy extra head/tail lamps, coolant.. anything else? Also anyone who has travelled can give idea about the road conditions. In terms of the road surface after the recent cyclone that hit Odhisa and West Bengal. Are the roadside dhabas open now? Petrol bunks and mechanic service are operational or not. These are the type of information that would be most helpful.
Is there any fellow BHPian in Vizag and Odhisa whom I can contact in case of any help required in case of emergency.
Please don't put discouraging replies to this message as my travel plan is fixed. I know this is the only group who can help me in this critical situation hence writing here.
Thanks in advance
Sourav

Last edited by sourav.info111 : 3rd June 2020 at 23:47. Reason: content update
Old 4th June 2020, 18:13   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav.info111 View Post
HI Friends,
I am planning to travel from Bangalore to Kolkata by car on 12th June with a friend and his family.
Is there any fellow BHPian in Vizag and Odhisa whom I can contact in case of any help required in case of emergency.
Sourav, consider taking the help of http://hivayking.in/. I have never used their services nor have any commercial interest, but have heard mostly good things about them. Search TBHP also on HVK.

Best of luck and do create a travelogue. My dream is to do the same drive with family and include Chilka, Konark and Puri as well.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 19:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very strange, I was planning to return to Pune from Kerala. I contacted Pune Police through their Twitter handle. They were quick to respond. As per them all I need is the exit pass from Kerala Police.
PS- Can you share the link through which you had applied for the MH entry pass?

On a different note, for people doing Interstate travel, for eg from Pune to Kerala, how do the travelers manage with the overnight stay? Since KA and TN are giving "Transit" pass are we allowed to even stop for the night at a hotel?

Last edited by rakesh_r : 4th June 2020 at 19:30.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 19:43   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
PS- Can you share the link through which you had applied for the MH entry pass?
See: covid19.mhpolice.in

If I travel from Blore to Thane by road, solely for a 2 night halt there to pick up my parents there (to return to Blore by road), will I be forced I to a quarantine in Thane? How many days? Home quarantine or hotel quarantine?

Last edited by vharihar : 4th June 2020 at 19:52.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 20:54   #40
BHPian

Just an update on this thread.
I was staying in Gurugram and had a plan to visit Kolkata for my father's treatments during April. However, due to lock down same got extended. Recently I travelled with my family (3) to Kolkata and now with 14 days self isolation in Kolkata.

Procedures followed: repeated calls made to 1075 and to both states ( HR and WB) Corona toll-free nos. Applied E-pass, and obtained for HR, UP. Got entry pass for WB. Bihar replied that I don't need e-pass for highway travel. JH never bother a reply nor rejected or issued e-pass.
In all state applications I had to submit passenger details, Adhaar card, car details, photos and father's medical reports in either pdf or jpeg, size of those files was a tough ask to adjust.

Left GGN home on 24th at 1400 hrs and reached Kolkata home on 25th 1430 hrs. Driven single handed full stretch with out any night stay.Truck traffic was normal, private cars were much much less on High way. Lots of out of state private / commercial car movement is there, most likely to ferry stranded persons. Toll booths are pretty empty, Fastag helped us to maintain social distancing. All petrol bunks are operational, few dhabas are operational. But we cooked our all foods and carried along. At the border of Jharkhand and West Bengal, we were stopped, few verbal questions asked & same recorded.
In case anybody is in urgent need to travel, talk to officials, follow procedures, no one is going to harass you.

Brdgs
Sail
Sail is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 21:15   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Sourav, consider taking the help of http://hivayking.in/. I have never used their services nor have any commercial interest, but have heard mostly good things about them. Search TBHP also on HVK.

Best of luck and do create a travelogue. My dream is to do the same drive with family and include Chilka, Konark and Puri as well.
Thanks for understanding the situation and providing the link. I will check the same. If everything goes well then I will definitely try to pen down the journey and provide proper updates about the road conditions.
Old 5th June 2020, 06:54   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
I was contemplating a Mumbai to Belgaum drive, but from what I have understood, there is one thing on paper and another in reality. Yesterday a popular local website Allaboutbelgaum confirmed with authorities that vehicles from Mumbai/Pune are not let into Karnataka. Maharashtra guidelines clearly state no interstate road movement from Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur. So better to hold on for now.
Regarding travelers from MH, this is the latest update from KA government, they have increased the quarantine period,

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-mh.jpg
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 08:54   #43
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I went with my close friend to play golf at Kolar Zion Hills last Thursday (mid week, took a day off from WFH)
We went out at 5am and played from 630am to 1130am. Zion Hills has no caddies. But they do take all the temperature readings and declarations and social distancing any way is absolutely the norm in Golf. The clubhouse is clean. Sanitised. Bathroom or hand wash area and all is clean and sanitised. They serve minimal snacks if at all, with gloves and other sanitary precautions. But I was particular to pack sandwiches and my big old icebox with lots of water etc so that we had no need to eat anything outside.
Left Zion Hills at noon and came back home via the back roads via Malur, Bagalur, Sarjapur (rear side) and Purposely hit the main road at Hosur and drove back to KA.
Absolutely no problem. We crossed 3-4 checkposts because this road goes in and out of TN and back to KA. No wait time at toll booths. No harassment. No nothing.
Of course, both of us were in my old Dark Green Gypsy and with caps and sunglasses on, we might have looked slightly militaristic or official and that may be a reason.
Anyway both of us were with normal temperature and otherwise in good health.
Old 6th June 2020, 11:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

I had to travel from Chennai to Bangalore on 4th June in connection with medical treatment required at Bangalore for a family member. While personally we would have avoided travel of any kind, we set about the following tasks in connection with this sudden need
  1. Doctor's letter from Bangalore specifying the medical condition and treatment schedule
  2. Doctor's prescription for carrying out COVID-19 (Realtime PCR) at origin and travel initiated only if report is negative for each traveller
  3. TN epass under medical emergency category by submitting the letter stated in #1
  4. KA Seva Sindhu epass under special category of medical emergency (although it did not require us to upload the doctor's letter unlike TN epass)
  5. COVID-19 Test within 48hrs of travel date, in order to avoid quarantine given the medical emergency
  6. Intimation in advance to the Residents Welfare Association (RWA) at Bangalore sharing all of the above 5 documents in order to clarify any unwanted panic or confusion around the subject of quarantine (thanks to some recent incidents)
We took the COVID-19 test on 3rd (home collection of the sample) and received the report on 4th morning around 11am. Armed with hard copies of the above mentioned documents, we set off immediately. Do note that more than 3 people in a car is best avoided ("not allowed" as per most cops)

There was one check point in all of TN (before Krishnagiri) and by holding the TN epass against the window, we were allowed through without having to stop.

At KA entry near Attibele, as mentioned in an earlier post, there were long queues (we reached around 4pm on 4th June) with many cars parked and travellers walking towards the registration desk for quarantine stamp. We did not stop nor park the car but kept going along a lane which had cars whose occupants were already stamped. At the checkpoint while the cop asked for the stamp, I mentioned the reason and showed the KA epass availed thus. Upon enquiring the hospital details, the cop promptly directed us to a separate lane and we could drive through the toll without any issue. Quite appreciate the empathy from the cops manning that busy checkpoint, as we did not have to explain the whole case from start with all the documents as we feared would be the case.

The RWA had a far more elaborate registration and check in formalities with all sorts of declarations. While our origin of travel raised eyebrows, it was quickly assuaged by the negative covid result report dated the preceding day. Quite relieved at the end of it all and thankful that we could reach the hospital at the destination

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 6th June 2020 at 11:09.
GeeTee TSI is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 15:42   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
I am driving from Blore to Thane tomorrow. Plan to return with sr citizen parents to Blore on 10th.

Am armed with the following:
- Fitness certificate for me (not a Covid negative report) dated May 29th
- Approved KA exit pass valid till today (I don't believe this is needed any more)
- MH entry pass valid till tomorrow inclusive
- ACK of KA re-entry pass (approval under process)
- Copy of father's blindness certificate
- Our Aadhar cards

I'm hoping I don't have any issues, and am also hoping KA re-entry gets approved before 10th. (Though somewhere I read that ACK ought to be enough)

One of the issues I'm hearing is the lack of restrooms (esp for ladies), since all establishments on the way are closed. I hope this changes immediately after 8th.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks