Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2020, 16:23   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Is there any SOP to make 1-2 day round trips between states? My mom has been here in Bangalore since the beginning of the lock-down and was looking to go back to our home in Kerala. Nothing critical or urgent, but was curious to know if there was something.

As per current SOP's, if I enter Kerala with her in car and reach home, I need to be in 14 day home quarantine and then If I come back to Bangalore, I need to be in home quarantine here also.

Wondering if there was a way I go drop, and come back the next day.
Old 6th June 2020, 16:34   #47
BHPian

Re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I am driving from Blore to Thane tomorrow. Plan to return with sr citizen parents to Blore on 10th.

Am armed with the following:
- Fitness certificate for me (not a Covid negative report) dated May 29th
- Approved KA exit pass valid till today (I don't believe this is needed any more)
- MH entry pass valid till tomorrow inclusive
- ACK of KA re-entry pass (approval under process)
- Copy of father's blindness certificate
- Our Aadhar cards

I'm hoping I don't have any issues, and am also hoping KA re-entry gets approved before 10th. (Though somewhere I read that ACK ought to be enough)

One of the issues I'm hearing is the lack of restrooms (esp for ladies), since all establishments on the way are closed. I hope this changes immediately after 8th.
That's great to know. Hope you have a safe hassle free drive. Please update when you get time post your drive. Yes, from Karnataka into Maharashtra, you don't need a Covid negative report for a short stay in MH, whereas it is mandatory for the opposite way around.

My hometown Belgaum is opening all of its restaurants from Monday. In case you cross Belgaum at around noon, you can get into McDonald, KFC or Hotel Ramdev for clean washrooms and food. These are around 1-2 kms inside the main highway.

I am going to attempt a Mumbai--Belgaum drive ( 7 day round trip ) after June 15th hopefully with a covid negative report in hand.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 17:01   #48
BHPian

Re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
I am going to attempt a Mumbai--Belgaum drive ( 7 day round trip ) after June 15th hopefully with a covid negative report in hand.
The Karnataka rules say it should be a ICMR approved lab report. Do you have any idea on the costs of this report? I have been looking to travel home to Murudeshwar from Pune for the past month now. The institutional quarantine is something I am looking to avoid under any circumstances. This report could be my best bet to avoid it now. If only the uncertainty at the border subsides though.
AlQuazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 18:23   #49
BHPian

I just reached Assam after travelling from Hyderabad via Telangana, AP, Odisha, West Bengal on my Ecosport.There is no semblance of lockdown anywhere. Had passes from source and destination states. Details were registered in AP and Odisha. Restaurants weren't open but small shops selling nick nacks were available throughout. We did carry our own home cooked food. Managed to get hotel bookings as well although all services weren't available. So the gist is avoid joyrides, but for anything important feel free to take the road with normal precautions which is expected anyway.
sandx is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 18:53   #50
BHPian

What apps do I need installed on my phone as a prerequisite for road travel? (Blore - Mumbai - Blore)

Aarogya Setu, what else?
Old 6th June 2020, 19:51   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlQuazi View Post
The Karnataka rules say it should be a ICMR approved lab report. Do you have any idea on the costs of this report?
Real-time PCR test costs around 5K from an ICMR approved lab
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2020, 07:00   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Is there any SOP to make 1-2 day round trips between states? .

There are two things to consider here - the travel pass and the quarantine rules. While the travel pass (of TN for example) allows for a return journey at a different date for the driver after dropping off the passenger, quarantine rules are ever changing every week for each State

An option to consider is to arrange a trustworthy taxi operator who is willing to undergo quarantine as applicable (maybe after each trip).

Alternatively, I wonder if someone could travel from KL side till the border, you could drop off your family member at the checkpost than actually cross the border in your car in a bid to restrict quarantine to the passenger alone. This is just me thinking aloud and request other members to comment on it's feasibility as well

Stating the obvious, but if possible, it makes sense to wait for the opportune moment when quarantine is not mandated for all but only for the symptomatic.

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 7th June 2020 at 07:03.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2020, 08:32   #53
BANNED

Can share feedbacks of two rides each 1500 km each in past month during lockdown.

1 Harda to Pune: Mom was with sister befor lockdown and had to pick her up. Got e-pass done for a round trip of three days. Food, tea & edibles packed for the complete journey. Only stoppages was to take lunch n dinner inside the safari itself. Dates 10/05/20 to 12/05/20. Entry record maintained at both states with thermal checks only.

2 FIL expired in Mumbai. Took epass on 01/06/20 and started immediately. Got the burial done on 02nd and returned on 03/06/20 and quarantined myself and wife for 14 days. Had all the edibles again for the journey in the car. Didn’t feel like no lockdown anywhere with not a single place where we were stopped. No thermal checks. Crowds on roads as if nothing happened.

Regards

Jacob
jacobsamu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2020, 09:20   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any SOP to make 1-2 day round trips between states? My mom has been here in Bangalore since the beginning of the lock-down and was looking to go back to our home in Kerala. Nothing critical or urgent, but was curious to know if there was something.

As per current SOP's, if I enter Kerala with her in car and reach home, I need to be in 14 day home quarantine and then If I come back to Bangalore, I need to be in home quarantine here also.

Post this query in K'taka Health Dept (@DHFWKA) twitter page. They do respond and in some cases I have seen them relaxing the quarantine rules, especially for same day return.

And another related handle is, @DIPR_COVID19 (Exclusive handle by DIPR Karnataka for fact-checking & COVID19 Response, Awareness.)

Last edited by arun_josie : 7th June 2020 at 09:21.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2020, 13:42   #55
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, there is an option for short travel for less than 7 days to Kerala, in which case you don't have to be quarantined. Please check this link https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/shortVisit
marathp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2020, 23:01   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Regarding entry into Karnataka, looks like they have moved to some slot system at each check-post. Travelers will be able to register based on slot availability only.

Currently there is no slots available to enter Karnataka via Attibele for the next 10 days.

For people who are planning to return, you will have to plan well in advance. This is applicable to all check-posts.

Here is the status for Attibele check-post,

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-kacp.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 02:04   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlQuazi View Post
The Karnataka rules say it should be a ICMR approved lab report. Do you have any idea on the costs of this report? I have been looking to travel home to Murudeshwar from Pune for the past month now. The institutional quarantine is something I am looking to avoid under any circumstances. This report could be my best bet to avoid it now. If only the uncertainty at the border subsides though.
Unfortunately, we have so far not come across anybody's ground report on how the police are dealing with "business travellers by road" at Maharashtra--Karnataka border because none from team bhp has undertaken such a drive ( Mumbai/Pune--Karnataka return drive ). I doubt if the authorities are taking this covid negative certificate seriously and letting someone go ahead without quarantine.

RT-PCR for covid-19 costs 4500/- but other charges like PPE can be applicable. Altogether 5000-5100.
Old 8th June 2020, 07:42   #58
BHPian

Hi all,
Need some advise.
I need to travel from Bangalore to Palamner (via Kolar) for post stroke paralysis treatment for my aunt. So there are 2 occupants apart from me in the car. What passes should I apply for? It's a same day return trip.

I have Arogya Setu app, original Aadhaar, car documents, mask, sanitiser - anything else required?
Any information on this will be highly useful.
Thanks in advance
Old 8th June 2020, 08:42   #59
BHPian

Is the border checkpost at MH-KA border for entry into KA, open all night, for doing the paperwork?

Am traveling with senior citizens and am planning to reach there by 5 am, wouldn't want to reach there and find out that I need to wait till 9 am for staff to arrive to do the paperwork!
Old 8th June 2020, 11:04   #60
BHPian

Guys, does anyone have an update on the travel from MH (Pune) to GJ and back in a couple of days? I need to get my Mother-in-law back from Anand since she is all by herself over there.
I see conflicting information on inter-state travel from MH (especially Pune and Mumbai). Has anyone done the trip in the last two weeks or so?

Most Viewed