Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2020, 20:38   #91
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshsm12 View Post
Thanks for the info.
Here is my situation - need to go from BLR to HYD.longer route via Raichur which doesn't need an entry into AP.
Kindly suggest.
I am not sure how it works at other checkposts, but here towards chittoor, all that they need is the RD number printed on the E pass. I would suggest, apply for Karnataka epass itself and proceed to the checkpost. Hopefully it should not be an issue.
The Karnataka E pass gets approved within few hours and does not have any time validity as such.
Old 20th June 2020, 17:49   #92
BHPian

Cross posting my experience at the KA, KL borders based on my recent trip to Kerala and back from Bangalore.https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4827697 (All Roads to Kerala)
Mnjdnght is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 19:10   #93
BHPian

If everything goes well, I am planning to drive from Puducherry to Bangalore this weekend.

Did anyone recently enter Bangalore through Attibele? How was the experience at the Toll Plaza?

Is this the only thread related to inter-state travel during COVID-19 lockdown?
Old 30th June 2020, 10:27   #94
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need some help as I need to travel urgently from Pune to Ranchi.
In the #Unlock2.0 circular issued, its mentioned that "there shall be no restriction on inter-State and intra-State movement of person and goods"

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-screenshot-20200630-10.19.16-am.png

Does that mean we no longer need e-pass (permit) to travel out of state? (of course for a valid reason)

Thanks!
Old 30th June 2020, 11:55   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin@y View Post
If everything goes well, I am planning to drive from Puducherry to Bangalore this weekend.

Did anyone recently enter Bangalore through Attibele? How was the experience at the Toll Plaza?

Is this the only thread related to inter-state travel during COVID-19 lockdown?
You can read through Mnjdnght cross post

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4827697 (All Roads to Kerala)

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 14:15   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir333 View Post
Hi Guys,

Need some help as I need to travel urgently from Pune to Ranchi.
In the #Unlock2.0 circular issued, its mentioned that "there shall be no restriction on inter-State and intra-State movement of person and goods"

Attachment 2023087

Does that mean we no longer need e-pass (permit) to travel out of state? (of course for a valid reason)

Thanks!
I don't think so. Though Central Govt has mentioned that we don't need any e-permit for inter-state travel of person/goods, the State Govts can still decide what restrictions they need to impose within their state.

For example, Tamil Nadu has mandated e-pass even for inter-district travel within the state. It is already in force now and will continue after July 1 too.

Please check the restrictions imposed by the states through which you travel before you start. Also, please note that they also change the restrictions from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I had already read that post. Just wanted to know the experience of anyone who travelled later than 19-Jun.

I am sure that lot of people would have travelled recently (KA's Seva Sindhu application always shows 0 slot for the next 1 week to enter Attibele checkpost).

It would help future travelers like me, if they can share their experience in this thread. Thanks in Advance.
Vin@y is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 16:29   #97
BHPian

Hi BHpians,

Need some info for travelling from Pune to Chennai.

Today while I was trying to get an Epass from TN. Pass requesting dates is given for 4 days, does it mean that I have to travel to TN in those 4 days or do I have to return from TN after the 4th day?

Also if I select Vellore as a district where TN border is crossed, the next option is "Place where TN border is crossed and it has given me below 3 options

1.Bathalapalli Check Pos
2.Christianpet Check Pos
3.Serkadu Check Pos

I am not aware of which check post comes when I go via Vellore, if anyone has done this route earlier, can you please let mw know the check post that I have to select or other alternate route, please suggest

Planning to travel on 3rd July

Cheers
Joshua
Old 30th June 2020, 16:56   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
Hi BHpians,

Today while I was trying to get an Epass from TN. Pass requesting dates is given for 4 days, does it mean that I have to travel to TN in those 4 days or do I have to return from TN after the 4th day?
Pass requesting date opens a small calendar pop-up. Right now, since today is 30-Jun, it shows only upto July 4. You can click on next arrow and select the future dates too.

It is not clear from where you are entering Vellore district. My suggestion would be to check the Google Maps for the entry point. The checkpost would be named around the village/town that is located at the entry point.

Mod Note - Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 1st July 2020 at 19:42. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 30th June 2020, 18:02   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Pass requesting date opens a small calendar pop-up. Right now, since today is 30-Jun, it shows only upto July 4. You can click on next arrow and select the future dates too.
It said "maximum allowed days -4*" , does it mean I have to travel to Destination in those 4 days or should leave the destination on the 4th day.
Attached Images

Last edited by joshuakeys : 30th June 2020 at 18:14. Reason: adding snapshot
Old 30th June 2020, 18:24   #100
BHPian

Quote:
It said "maximum allowed days -4*" , does it mean I have to travel to Destination in those 4 days or should leave the destination on the 4th day.
If you are reaching Chennai and staying there, you only need to select the "Date from" which would be 3-July in your case. If you want to return after visiting Chennai, then it allows only upto 4 days (until 6-July) in the "Date to" field.

You need to plan accordingly.
Old 30th June 2020, 19:01   #101
BHPian

Hi BHPians

Let me start with some background, I was lucky to come back to my family in Delhi from Mumbai before the lockdown was imposed in march, as i didn't anticipate the lockdown situation all my belongings are in my rented accommodation in Mumbai. My landlord told me that i have to empty the apartment in two weeks i.e before 15 July. So i have no choice but to go there and collect all my belongings including some important documents. The luggage is quite a lot so I cant take everything back in the flight also keeping social distancing in mind i will be more comfortable Driving to Mumbai and pack all my belongings and coming back to Delhi. If i want to make a round trip from Delhi to Mumbai
What is the feasibility considering the Unlock 2.0.

1. Is it possible to cross the state border?

2. Which state, I know Maharashtra has restrictions, still have travel restrictions on the way?

3. What passes do I need if i wanna do this journey and leave Mumbai in 24 hours?

4. What will be the quarantine situation when i come back to Delhi?

Hoping for some solution.
Thanks in advance
Old 1st July 2020, 11:08   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
Hi BHPians

Let me start with some background, I was lucky to come back to my family in Delhi from Mumbai before the lockdown was imposed in march, as i didn't anticipate the lockdown situation all my belongings are in my rented accommodation in Mumbai.
===========
Hoping for some solution.
Thanks in advance
Let me answer your queries based on the homework I did for my inter-state travel (PY-KA).

1. Every state have implemented their own restrictions now. Please check the state borders you need to cross. In south, KA-KL border is closed as of today.

2. Same as point 1.

3. Typically, you would need round-trip (exit-entry) pass from your source state, transit (onward and return) pass from the states you are crossing and round-trip (entry-exit) pass from your destination.

4. This can vary from time to time. Please check the latest quarantine rule just before your return.

Since the govts are changing the rules very frequently, you have to be on top of it until you complete your trip.

All the Best for your round-trip and please post your experience after your trip.
Old 1st July 2020, 12:51   #103
BHPian

Quote:
If you are reaching Chennai and staying there, you only need to select the "Date from" which would be 3-July in your case. If you want to return after visiting Chennai, then it allows only upto 4 days (until 6-July) in the "Date to" field.

You need to plan accordingly.
Vin@y, it doesn't work that way, I'm assuming that those 4 days are for reaching the destination, Not sure though. The request for Epass got rejected few time from TN side, So planning to apply from MH to TN, Lets see how it goes.

I have tried your suggestion and it asked me to enter the other date too
Attached Thumbnails
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-pas_tn.jpg  

Last edited by joshuakeys : 1st July 2020 at 12:53. Reason: correctio
Old 1st July 2020, 14:06   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Vin@y, it doesn't work that way, I'm assuming that those 4 days are for reaching the destination, Not sure though. The request for Epass got rejected few time from TN side, So planning to apply from MH to TN, Lets see how it goes.

I have tried your suggestion and it asked me to enter the other date too
Sorry to hear that. I think those 4 days (max) are meant for the stay (you enter TN on the first date and exit TN on the second date). For my TN transit, I applied the same date in those two fields and it got approved.

All the Best for your MH epass. But, please check whether it will be accepted by TN. My understanding is that every state we travel to/through requires its own epass.
Vin@y is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 16:45   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. I think those 4 days (max) are meant for the stay (you enter TN on the first date and exit TN on the second date). For my TN transit, I applied the same date in those two fields and it got approved.

All the Best for your MH epass. But, please check whether it will be accepted by TN. My understanding is that every state we travel to/through requires its own epass.
I have requested the pass from MH its in processing status now. Do I need to take the transit pass from KA or not is the question because, few days ago when I checked it said, no pass required if travelling though KA, looks like I have to check again.

The rules keep changing every day and they are not updated frequently I feel.

Looks like we need to have a new discussion thread on Epass.

Cheers
Josh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks