Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2020, 11:39   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Yes, there is no option for same day return pass. But people are using the onward journey pass itself and at check posts they are not worried if the return is on the same day. For KA entry you can use the KA registered pass. I know atleast two of them who drove down like this and returned on the same day.
Thats good to know arun. I was unsuccessful as my TN ePass was rejected, so ended up taking Taxi.
I believe it also depends on "mood" of the policemen in checkposts to allow same day return or not.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 12:33   #152
BANNED

I think orders change not only day to day, but by the hour. Also the man on the beat may be unaware. I hope Covid goes into a shell after August end, and we can return back to normal (somewhat) life. Rest is fingers crossed! Two states DEL and MH do not give me much hope!
Old 14th July 2020, 23:25   #153
BHPian

One of my colleague travelled from Bangalore to Lucknow by Air last Sunday (yes, on the lockdown day!). He was unaware of the KA lockdown on Sundays and had booked his Air ticket few days ago.

Based on my feedback, he double-checked with few people and they asked him to go ahead with his travel plan. His nephew dropped him at the airport. Neither he nor his nephew was stopped on the way to/from airport.

Looks like Air travel is not restricted during the lockdown days in Bangalore.

On a related note, he also mentioned that adequate precautions are taken at the airport and the aircraft. He felt that his air travel was much safer than visiting a neighborhood veg/grocery shop
Vin@y is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 08:34   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I believe it also depends on "mood" of the policemen in checkposts to allow same day return or not.

-Ravi
This is true. When I crossed attibele towards bangalore (a month back), they just let me go without registering/stamping my entry. Whereas for some people it took more than a hour to cross the check-post after completing the stamping process.

Last edited by arun_josie : 16th July 2020 at 08:36.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 08:59   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin@y View Post
One of my colleague travelled from Bangalore to Lucknow by Air last Sunday (yes, on the lockdown day!). He was unaware of the KA lockdown on Sundays and had booked his Air ticket few days ago.

On a related note, he also mentioned that adequate precautions are taken at the airport and the aircraft. He felt that his air travel was much safer than visiting a neighborhood veg/grocery shop
Any idea if children are allowed on aircrafts? I'm planning to travel to Trivandrum with my wife and children. I'm not worried about COVID, and I am prepared to experience a strict quarantine.
Old 16th July 2020, 09:24   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
Any idea if children are allowed on aircrafts? I'm planning to travel to Trivandrum with my wife and children. I'm not worried about COVID, and I am prepared to experience a strict quarantine.
Yes, children are allowed. I checked with him and he confirmed that he even saw a toddler on the aircraft. Wishing you and your family a safe journey
Vin@y is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 22:02   #157
BHPian

Sharing my travel experience during Unlock 2.0

Why?
  • Just a week before when India went into lockdown I drove from Mumbai to Greater Noida to drop my wife and spend a week at my in-laws before I leave back for home.
  • Day before the Junta Curfew, went to the nearest petrol pump and tanked up my car, hoping to leave for home at the first opportunity.
  • My parents, both 60+ were now alone in Mumbai with lockdown enforced. I was left with 2 options, either to wait it out or go to the DMs office and request for a PASS to travel to Mumbai. My reason for traveling did not qualify under essential/emergency travel.

When?
  • I attempted twice to get permission from DMs office but seeing so many people and not a single soul maintaining social distance, I did not even step out from the car and came back home, both times.
  • MHA soon issued orders to allow migrant workers to travel home, but only allowing them to travel on Shramik Special trains or special buses arranged by the govt.
  • Uttar Pradesh did not have provision to apply for E-Pass for inter-state travel. MH did not have E-Pass provision for people driving into MH from neighboring states. Rules were changing every hour.
  • I decided to just leave for Mumbai on the 12th of June by road.

Preparation:
  • Just 2 days before my journey, RJ govt. decided to seal its borders which meant that I'll have to go via MP.
  • E-Pass: I applied for MP interstate E-Pass from Greater Noida to Sendhawa - closest district to MH-MP border on AH47. It took me less than 5 mins to apply, took multiple print outs of the E-Pass. (Link: mapit.gov.in).
  • Medical Certificate: Went to a doctor (GP) nearby, he did a brief check-up and issued a medical certificate and wrote down "No sign/Symptons of Covid-19, fit to travel".
  • Documents carried: Copies of Aadhar Card, RC, Domicile, Medical Certificate and MP E-Pass.
  • Route: Greater Noida-Yamuna Expressway-Agra Ring Road-Gwalior Bypass-Shivpuri Bypass-Indore(Halt)-Dhule-Nasik-Thane-Mumbai.
  • Packed dry food for 2 days, rolls of aloo and puri packed in aluminium foil. Purchased biscuits, chips, chocolates, chewing gum, bisleri bottles and juices.
  • Medical Kit: Sanitizer, disinfectant and fresh disposable masks and gloves.
  • 12th June: Went to Gurgaon and got my cousin to Greater Noida. No E-Pass for Delhi/HR. It was free for all.
  • Packed and loaded the car on the 12th night itself. My cousin was leaving NCR for good, so car was packed to the brim, leaving the front 2 seats. Had to leave my wife behind.

Journey:
  • 13th June: Left greater Noida at 5:30am, saw a lot of BR/WB registered cars on YEW. 1st toll gate had long queues of cars.
  • 1st stop: IOCL pump before Gwalior. Parked the car, took a quick toilet + breakfast break.
  • 2nd Stop: HPCL pump before Sarangpur. 2nd round of Aloo Puri and some juices.
  • Checked into Hotel Pride (Indore) after driving for 13 hrs.
  • 14th June: Left hotel at 4:30am, re-fuelled at nearest BPCL. Saw many cars parked with drivers/passengers sleeping inside the car.
  • Reached thane at 1 PM, dropped my cousin and was home by 1:45 PM.
  • No checks, no barricades, nothing on the entire drive! We even crossed a few cops at one of the junctions in Nasik, but we were not stopped.

Hotel Pride, Indore:
  • Before entering we were sprayed with disinfectant, yes head to toe!
  • Reception was shielded by a glass frame with a small cut out made to handover documents, if required.
  • Emailed our Ids to hotel, got e-receipt from the hotel. Payment was done thru UPI.
  • Pride has some tents as well, all of them were occupied. We were allotted a room on the first floor. None of the rooms near ours were occupied.
  • As per the hotel, the rooms were sanitized. As a precautionary measure, we sprayed Savlon disinfectant especially on the bed sheets, pillows and blankets.
  • Kitchen was functioning, ordered dinner and paid instantly using the same UPI for dinner.
  • Checked out at 4:15am, handed keys to the guard.
  • Thanks to BHPian Traveller Nayak for helping me out with the hotel, he was in constant touch with me. Pride was on the main highway and away from the city.

End of the Journey:
  • The trip was smooth, smoother than I expected. There was still one last hurdle to cross, after I reached Mumbai.
  • My parents were not sure on the process laid out by the society for people coming from other states. I had parking stickers, I decided just to drive in thru the gates. I was stopped at the gate, my temperature was recorded and I was let in.
  • I wasn't sure if I should inform the RWA or not, I just played it cool, parked my car, took my laptop bag went home leaving the luggage in the car.
  • Quarantined myself for 10 days and told my cousin to do the same.

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-20200613_094315.jpg

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-20200613_135530.jpg

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-20200613_161458.jpg

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-20200613_165046.jpg

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-20200613_183214.jpg

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-20200614_060748.jpg

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-20200614_120350.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 21:26   #158
Team-BHP Support

I'm planning to drive back to Chennai from Palakkad tomorrow.

We got the TN pass but someone informed my friend (who'll join me from the Coimbatore by-pass) that the cops are stopping other state cars somewhere near Kanchipuram and the passengers have to mandatorily take the swab test. But this isn't being done in the Ulundurpet route, which sounds strange!

Has anyone traveled to Chennai through Kanchipuram in the last week? Any inputs would be helpful.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 09:29   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I'm planning to drive back to Chennai from Palakkad tomorrow.
Did you manage to drive back to Chennai? How was it? What was your experience at Walayar?
Old 19th July 2020, 11:29   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
Did you manage to drive back to Chennai? How was it? What was your experience at Walayar?
Yep, we travelled to Chennai from Palakkad yesterday. We took the Ulundurpet - Villupuram route.

At the Walayar exit, there was no checking by the KL cops. As soon as you cross the border towards TN, there's a barricade and a makeshift shed wherein you've to get down with the pass, a cop notes down the details in a book and another dude gives you a chit with 'X no. allowed' written on it, stamped with the date of travel. Another cop checks this chit and lets you pass. That's it. Took 10 minutes here.

They don't check the authenticity of the pass like scanning the QR code. Or swab tests or temperature checks. Anywhere throughout the trip for that matter. The details were entered at all of 3 places although we crossed multiple barricades.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 12:44   #161
Senior - BHPian

I might have to travel to Chandigarh in coming days.

Are there any pre-requisites that needs to be arranged? (like travel paas etc.).

Are there any specific checks at borders? I will be driving from Delhi to Chandigarh Via Karnal.

PS - Also, are there any restrictions on number of people allowed to be travel in a car?
Old 19th July 2020, 19:52   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I might have to travel to Chandigarh in coming days.

Are there any pre-requisites that needs to be arranged? (like travel paas etc.).

Are there any specific checks at borders? I will be driving from Delhi to Chandigarh Via Karnal.

PS - Also, are there any restrictions on number of people allowed to be travel in a car?
No checks or issues whatsoever. To be safe, I wouldn't take more than 3 people in a car. Just wear a mask when you are entering Chandigarh to make it look like you are compliant.
Old 20th July 2020, 10:17   #163
Senior - BHPian

I came to Kerala from Bangalore 10 days back an is on quarantine at our place in Munnar. There was a mandatory swab test after a week at the local Government health center, we are still waiting for the test results.

Our plan is to stay here for few months and work from here, but my son has just completed his 12th and it seems Karnataka is going ahead with the CET on end of this month. I am exploring if it is possible for both of us to travel using a short visit pass that doesn't warrant a quarantine in both the states. This will enable him to go and write the exam and return to Munnar in 3 to 4 days. Please let me know if any has used this option and if exam will be acceptable as a reason for a short travel.
Old 20th July 2020, 19:23   #164
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I need to travel to Jodhpur, Rajasthan from Pune, Maharashtra to Pick up my senior citizen parents. I plan to drive alone and return with them as early as possible. I am not sure how do I go about this in terms of getting the required permissions. I will be crossing 3 state borders Maharashtra, Gujarat & Rajasthan. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 20th July 2020, 23:10   #165
BHPian

Any checks or tests being done at KA border when driving from HYD-BLR? Am planning to drive post the lockdown this week, would apply for the KA e-pass.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks