Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2020, 13:19   #256
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

This is not an interstate query but just wanted to know if anyone has recently done Mumbai--Pune--Mumbai in the last week or so. Is a travel pass still required ?? I just want to drive around the Expressway/Lonavala/Khandala region, take a detour to Pawna lake may be , touch Pune and come back. I badly need a respite from my heavy Covid ICU duties. Planning to drive on one of my off days.
Old 17th August 2020, 14:12   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
A quick update for folks planning to do BLR-Noida/DEL
Drove from BLR to Noida and reached just a while back.
We had passes for AP, MH, MP. Except for one border no one stopped/checked/stamped. Crossing from TS to MH we were stopped at MH border. They noted car no, ph no, name and start and destination details. Also enquired about pass. As I was going to show it they directed me to move on.
So basically just sailed through the entire trip like it was regular affair. Beautiful roads almost all the way except for Gwalior-Agra section.
No one asked as to stay quarantined. But we decided to self isolate for 10 days.
Was it a non-stop journey? or did you stat someplace? I am planning to travel from BLR to Punjab. Would love to connect with you but I am a newbie and don't have DM permissions. Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 16:32   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.modi05 View Post
Was it a non-stop journey? or did you stat someplace?
Didn't know what to expect in terms of border checkings and how much time it would take. Was traveling with family. Broke up the trip into 4days(3 night halts)
BLR-HYD(stop1)-PenchTigerReserve(stop2)-Gwalior(stop3)-Noida.

If you have specific questions you can ask here.
jaunthead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 09:06   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
We had passes for AP, MH, MP.
Can you please share the links you used for the passes? The information regarding "transit" passes is not clear and using the destination ePass would not work as UP does not have an ePass anymore...
Old 18th August 2020, 10:09   #260
BHPian

Any idea about the procedure to be followed by a traveler coming from abroad, landing in Bangalore airport and has to proceed to Andhra?
KA is done away with mandatory institutional quarantine. Any update on this front from Andhra?
Old 18th August 2020, 10:29   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
Can you please share the links you used for the passes?
AP- http://spandana1.ap.gov.in/Registrat...neRegistration
MH- https://covid19.mhpolice.in/
MP- https://mapit.gov.in/covid-19/applyepass.aspx?q=apply

Would like to highlight that I am not sure if these were the right passes. But these are all I could get and none of them were asked for or verified during the entire trip.

While AP and MP epasses are autogenerated. MH took about 2 days time.
jaunthead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 11:45   #262
BHPian

Have penned down my experience driving solo from Pune to Palakkad, Kerala here. Did the journey on 3-4th of August this month.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4866747 (All Roads to Kerala)
jayakumarkp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 13:34   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
This is not an interstate query but just wanted to know if anyone has recently done Mumbai--Pune--Mumbai in the last week or so. Is a travel pass still required ?? I just want to drive around the Expressway/Lonavala/Khandala region, take a detour to Pawna lake may be , touch Pune and come back. I badly need a respite from my heavy Covid ICU duties. Planning to drive on one of my off days.
Since last 2 weekends, I have been going to Lonavala. No one is asking for any pass. Though my house is on the outskirts, I have not been in proper market area. Whatever we need, the house help goes and gets it on his bike. But avoid crowded tourist spots, as I have heard cops suddenly show up charging you with not maintaining social-distancing.
RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 14:03   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Since last 2 weekends, I have been going to Lonavala. No one is asking for any pass. Though my house is on the outskirts, I have not been in proper market area. Whatever we need, the house help goes and gets it on his bike. But avoid crowded tourist spots, as I have heard cops suddenly show up charging you with not maintaining social-distancing.
Thanks a lot This is so reassuring. I mostly would get down from car at random points where there is absolutely none. I am excited to drive soon, just waiting for my off day. What a monotonous life it has been otherwise, hospital and home, nothing else. Good to know you have been able to drive to Lonavala regularly

Last edited by vivek95 : 18th August 2020 at 14:04.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 21:21   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Can someone please help me with documents and passes required for this journey?
Hello Raaj, Karnataka does not require a exit pass but since you would be coming back you will need to register on Sevasindhu website for entry. MH,AP,TS do not have any transit pass requirements.

However, If its possible for you to leave back for BLR before 27 August then you will be spared from Home Quarantine of 14 days by getting classified as a "business traveller".The details are in the attached image
Attached Thumbnails
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-img_20200818_210839_692.jpg  

alokn87 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 21:51   #266
BHPian

Thanks Alokn87. That definitely helps. Another thing that I forgot to ask is that will probably take night halt in nagpur. Will I need a MH pass for this? Or the transit rule works?
raaj.bhalla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 21:53   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokn87 View Post
Hello Raaj, Karnataka does not require a exit pass but since you would be coming back you will need to register on Sevasindhu website for entry. MH,AP,TS do not have any transit pass requirements.

However, If its possible for you to leave back for BLR before 27 August then you will be spared from Home Quarantine of 14 days by getting classified as a "business traveller".The details are in the attached image
Can you please share any official circular where this is mentioned. I am not able to find it on either Karnataka or BBMP websites.

There is an important function over the next weekend ( 29-30) that would like to attend in TN if there is no quarantine for a weekend visit. I would hate to give it a miss, but would have to do so if the 14 day quarantine is enforced.
Old 18th August 2020, 22:09   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Thanks Alokn87. That definitely helps. Another thing that I forgot to ask is that will probably take night halt in nagpur. Will I need a MH pass for this? Or the transit rule works?
No.You wont need a MH pass for a one night stay. But, If you are staying with a friend/relative in nagpur then do confirm with the local building/society/RWA if they have any restrictions on allowing guests for a temporary stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Can you please share any official circular where this is mentioned. I am not able to find it on either Karnataka or BBMP websites.

There is an important function over the next weekend ( 29-30) that would like to attend in TN if there is no quarantine for a weekend visit. I would hate to give it a miss, but would have to do so if the 14 day quarantine is enforced.
I have attached the circular for your reference. My apologies for not finding the latest one, But rules for Business travellers (In your case) remain the same,only quarantine norms for travellers from Maharashtra have changed since this circular (14 day HQ)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 5_6265031978215538984.pdf (3.22 MB, 139 views)
alokn87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 22:31   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokn87 View Post
I have attached the circular for your reference. My apologies for not finding the latest one, But rules for Business travelers (In your case) remain the same,only quarantine norms for travelers from Maharashtra have changed since this circular (14 day HQ)
Thanks a lot for this. Sorry, I didn't realise this 4 day rule was only for Business purpose. This is definitely not a business visit, so will have to check if that is allowed. I thought after the lift of inter state restrictions, everyone could travel and only the quarantine rules need to be followed.
Old 18th August 2020, 22:49   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
This is definitely not a business visit, so will have to check if that is allowed. I thought after the lift of inter state restrictions, everyone could travel and only the quarantine rules need to be followed.
It is allowed! You just need to apply as a "business traveller" on the sevasindhu website. One does not even need to upload any supporting documents. In a way you could say the "business traveller" category is just a namesake for short term traveller. You can explain the genuine reason to the border official with relevant documents (for eg. Invitation to the function)

All said and done this is only about Karnataka side, You need need confirm the rules for Tamilnadu whether do they allow visitors for a short stay without quarantine.

Unfortunately inspite of the Central Government directive of doing away with Inter-state passes, Each state has its own set of rules
alokn87 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks