Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2020, 12:18   #271
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Hi guys, I'm planning on travelling to Mumbai from Bangalore. Going home due to some personal reasons so stay will be 1 month +

What documents would I need? Does Karnataka have an exit pass? Does Maharashtra have entry pass / requirement of exit pass from previous state?

Any help would be immensely appreciated in these testing times.
Old 19th August 2020, 13:02   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkats2001 View Post
Hello BHPians,

I am planning to travel from Pune to Mumbai, spend a week with my parents there and then travel onward from Mumbai to Indore to my in-laws place.

I applied for three e-passes:

1) Pimpri Chinchwad to Mumbai - through the Mahastra police website
2) Mumbai to Indore - through the Mumbai police website
3) MP e-pass - through the MP government website

Can someone suggest any way forward? Thanks in advance
The turnaround time for getting a pass through Mumbai police website is woeful to say the least. Chances of rejection are very high irrespective of the genuineness of the reason

PCMC is a little better. You can try tweeting to their twitter handle

Alternatively there is hardly any checking on your route so I would suggest you to just start your journey and show the MP pass to the cops if they do stop you for either parts of your journey

Note to Mods: Sorry for the back to back posts. Kindly delete if necessary
Old 19th August 2020, 14:20   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batladanny View Post
What documents would I need? Does Karnataka have an exit pass? Does Maharashtra have entry pass / requirement of exit pass from previous state?

Any help would be immensely appreciated in these testing times.
Hi batladanny. Karnataka does not require an exit pass, Maharashtra does not require a entry pass hence you are free to travel !
You will be stopped at kognoli on Maharashtra-Karnataka border and then later possibly at kini,shirval for checking of inter district pass. Just inform them that you are heading to Mumbai and they will let you pass.
Keep your toll receipts/FASTAG sms of Karnataka toll plaza's handy to prove your journey from Karnataka(99% they wont ask)
alokn87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 14:59   #274
BHPian

Dear All,

I am planning for a week long round trip by road ie. Pune-Hyd-Pune. Heard that there is no stoppages on this route currently, but i doubt it. The agenda is to close the home loan and get my ailing mother to Pune for treatment. Do i need an e-pass from MH and TS ?

pls advise. thanks in advance

Last edited by spr1ngleo : 19th August 2020 at 15:01. Reason: thanking
Old 19th August 2020, 16:15   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Dear All,

I am planning for a week long round trip by road ie. Pune-Hyd-Pune. Heard that there is no stoppages on this route currently, but i doubt it. The agenda is to close the home loan and get my ailing mother to Pune for treatment. Do i need an e-pass from MH and TS ?

pls advise. thanks in advance
Hello spr1ngleo. You will need a Maharashtra exit pass. Telangana does not have entry/exit pass. Hence,no pass required for return journey
Old 19th August 2020, 17:15   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokn87 View Post
Hi batladanny. Karnataka does not require an exit pass, Maharashtra does not require a entry pass hence you are free to travel !
You will be stopped at kognoli on Maharashtra-Karnataka border and then later possibly at kini,shirval for checking of inter district pass. Just inform them that you are heading to Mumbai and they will let you pass.
Keep your toll receipts/FASTAG sms of Karnataka toll plaza's handy to prove your journey from Karnataka(99% they wont ask)
Thanks alokn87. That's good to know.

And a big thanks to you for responding to everyone and being a good samaritan
batladanny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 20:29   #277
BHPian

Batladanny you are most welcome!
Actually I am eagerly waiting for the day that this thread will become redundant and we will go back to our free roaming pre-covid days!
alokn87 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 11:31   #278
BHPian

I need to drive to Chennai to drop my in-laws. The preferred plan is to drive to Chennai, drop them, and return to Bangalore the next day. I've been waiting for a couple of months hoping for rules to ease with no luck so far. I am planning to wait until Sep first week but not very hopeful of any helpful changes in travel and quarantine restrictions.
  • Will we be forced to home quarantine in Chennai for 14 days?
  • Do they hand stamp home quarantine at the border or at any other check point en route?
  • What is the home quarantine process in Chennai? Is it like Kerala where there is strict daily monitoring or is it like Bangalore where there is no daily monitoring (at least not that we experienced nor heard from others).
  • Do they allow delivery of essentials or is it arranged through the authorities?
  • Do they allow the entire family to be quarantined together at home irrespective of home size?
I am planning to apply for a TN exit pass for the next day of travel and see if I can explain the situation to the authorities. If that doesn't work, then we'll go through the quarantine in Chennai and then return. Of course that would imply quarantine in Bangalore too.

It would be best if we can manage to return the next day since that will help avoid quarantine in Bangalore too (4 day business travel exception).
Mnjdnght is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 13:37   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
AP- http://spandana1.ap.gov.in/Registrat...neRegistration
MH- https://covid19.mhpolice.in/
MP- https://mapit.gov.in/covid-19/applyepass.aspx?q=apply

Would like to highlight that I am not sure if these were the right passes. But these are all I could get and none of them were asked for or verified during the entire trip.

While AP and MP epasses are autogenerated. MH took about 2 days time.
Thanks for the info and fully appreciate the disclaimer: The pass situation is murky at best.

One additional query: did you see any challenges on the route due to the excessive rains and flooding? My trip still has some time to start, but I'm getting seriously worried with all the flood and landslide news

Also did you notice any areas where mobile network coverage was poor?
Old 20th August 2020, 14:09   #280
Senior - BHPian

State government says no e-pass required for inter-district travel. Mumbai police says E-pass is required even if travelling from Mumbai - Pune. There is absolutely no clarity whatsoever.

I know people who have traveled freely between Mumbai - Pune without being stopped & there are people who have been stopped and fined. I feel it is like "JUST TRY YOUR LUCK"

Here is a recent Tweet which says E-Pass is required.
Attached Thumbnails
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-screenshot_20200820134646.png  

RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 14:46   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
State government says no e-pass required for inter-district travel. Mumbai police says E-pass is required even if travelling from Mumbai - Pune. There is absolutely no clarity whatsoever.

I know people who have traveled freely between Mumbai - Pune without being stopped & there are people who have been stopped and fined. I feel it is like "JUST TRY YOUR LUCK"
Hi, Actually its the central government directive which has done away with the epass system but state governments like Maharashtra have not accepted it. I think Maharashtra is the only state in our country which still has restrictions on Inter-district movement. I agree that we(Maharashtra) are the worst affected state with the maximum number of cases, But I think such restrictions are just another way to extort money in the form of bribe from the public
Old 20th August 2020, 16:08   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
State government says no e-pass required for inter-district travel. Mumbai police say E-pass is required even if traveling from Mumbai - Pune. There is no clarity whatsoever.
I traveled from Pune to Mumbai and back last week. So, if you are going for any purpose whatsoever, you'll need an e-pass. Even though I faced no checking from Pune -> Dadar -> Navi Mumbai -> Pune with a car having MH-12 plates, it's best to get a pass to avoid any harassment. Once you enter Mumbai you are free to move around in the city for necessary purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokn87 View Post
I agree that we (Maharashtra) are the worst affected state with the maximum number of cases, But I think such restrictions are just another way to extort money in the form of bribe from the public
Hi! Just to clarify, e-passes are free of cost. So, it is only if we're traveling without an e-pass to a place which is located in some other district & the police finds out about this, that we'll have to pay a fine.

P.S - Also for those wondering, it took me 24 hours to get an e-pass for 4 people from the Pune Police website
Old 20th August 2020, 21:37   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
One additional query: did you see any challenges on the route due to the excessive rains and flooding?
Also did you notice any areas where mobile network coverage was poor?
We faced Rains while entering and exiting HYD. Till Adilabad it was incessant. But no road blocks along the way. Rest of the way was very overcast with a bit of rain on and off. Frankly I enjoyed the drive. After Pench Tiger Reserve there is ongoing construction on NH44 and you might have to take a diversion via Katangi, but still quality tarmac. Since my trip there has been heavy rains in some areas so check if the situation has changed. The only pain though were the cattle lazing on NH44 from MP onwards. Be careful of them. One guy knocked off my LH ORVM.

Mobile networks- Did lose networks momentarily in few places but never noted which locations. We were on google maps and apple music all the way.
jaunthead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 22:05   #284
BHPian

What would be the procedure to travel from Mangalore (KA) to pickup my family from Kannur (Kerala) and return to Mangalore on same day? No stay required.
Twice my short pass applied on Kerala corona jagratha rejected.
Old 21st August 2020, 09:25   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post

If you have specific questions you can ask here.
Where did you stay in Hyderabad? And where in MP? Are hotels safe for overnight stay? And how did you manage food on the way?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks