Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2020, 14:16   #301
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Pondicherry has removed the e-pass requirement with immediate effect. The news channels show pressure on TN govt. as well to do away with it.

KA and KL are still holding on without any changes yet.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 14:30   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Pondicherry has removed the e-pass requirement with immediate effect. The news channels show pressure on TN govt. as well to do away with it.

This is exactly what each state will have to yield to. Or else it is mockery of such guidelines that gets issued by the center while state govts have their own which is leading to a great deal of discomfort to those who want to travel.

Honestly, enough of this blame on cross migration and interstate travel for increase in cases. We have now reached a tipping point where there is significant belief among the populace that COVID is here to stay within us.

This is just like how containment zones in Bangalore created so much of fear in the initial days and now a containment zone is just like the gate of our neighbor with that" NO PARKING IN FRONT OF THE GATE" sticker!!
paragsachania is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 17:34   #303
Senior - BHPian

With ePass likely to go away in few days as the pressure builds up on states based on recent central govt. notification, i wonder what will be Quarantine policy and how will they track? Sorry for

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 18:55   #304
Senior - BHPian

The spread is rampant within closed borders and most cases are now community spread and so I see no reason to restrict or brand interstate travelers at this stage. Ideally there should be no stopping and no getting out of the vehicle at interstate borders. It is better for the people at large if the stubborn states would lift the restriction, there is no point now.

Registration can be made mandatory and its QR code pasted on the windshield and scanned at the border without anyone having to get out and let people be on their way. Following up can be done after they reach their destination by the police and or health workers. Only people without valid registration should be made to register at a kiosk and allowed to proceed to their destination.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 18:59   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
With ePass likely to go away in few days as the pressure builds up on states based on recent central govt. notification, i wonder what will be Quarantine policy and how will they track? Sorry for

-Ravi
It has gone away now, as per latest and revised circular dated 24-August 2020 by GoK:

HFW 317 ACS 2020001.pdf

Revised Circular by GoK NO PERMISSION FOR ENTRY INTO STATE, NO HOME QUARANTINE:

Lot of practices that are going away and making it easy for interstate travel, especially when you return into Karnataka.

Effective date : "Henceforth"

What is discontinued:
  • Registration on Seva Sindhu Portal
  • Medical checks at Entry points - Borders,Airports, Railway Stations
  • Hand Stamping
  • Home Quarantine
  • Isolation and testing
  • No enforcement of HQ or monitoring through app or sticking of posters etc
Advise to incoming travellers :
  • If Asymptomatic : No need to home quarantine , continue reporting to work or carry on with your occupation as usual
  • If Symptomatic : Immediately self isolate, seek medical consultation

Last edited by paragsachania : 24th August 2020 at 19:29.
paragsachania is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 19:59   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope Tamil Nadu lets go of its e-pass requirements soon. I cannot even go beyond 5 km in either direction from my home without crossing some district's boundary and the cops there will expect an e-pass from me. Even though it is easy to get an e-pass, it is still super weird to have to get it for a mere stress-busting drive.

Oh and this state also needs to stop with its total lockdown that is imposed on every Sunday. Enough already. At home we are all stressed out with the monotony of the past 5-6 months.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 20:00   #307
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The KA website is still up. The Pondicherry ePass site has been deactivated. TN govt. is setting up a meeting to discuss on this.

That leaves KL which is still holding out. There should be a lot of pressure due to the Onam festivities which have started now.
Old 24th August 2020, 20:19   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
If Asymptomatic : No need to home quarantine , continue reporting to work or carry on with your occupation as usual
The wording in the circular is causing confusion, already saw query about what is mentioned above in few whatsapp group.

What the circular mentions is that, for inter state travelers, unless you have any symptoms, you need not quarantine yourself (14 day quarantine period removed).

What people have wrongly interpreted is that, if you are asymptomatic patient (Tested positive, but no symptoms), you need not quarantine yourself.
mpksuhas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 20:22   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
What people have wrongly interpreted is that, if you are asymptomatic patient (Tested positive, but no symptoms), you need not quarantine yourself.
Instead of using the word asymptomatic, they should have never got that point itself and simply mentioned about what to do if you have symptoms.

It's like those days during the beginning of pandemic where most were always confused and mistook qurantine for being positive too.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 21:12   #310
BHPian

Quote:
It has gone away now, as per latest and revised circular dated 24-August 2020 by
It was always going to be this way. Only a matter of time.

In other words, throw in the towel. In March, we thought the end was just around the corner in a few days, then days turned into weeks, weeks into months and now the realization that we are in this for years with the end nowhere in sight.
Nalin1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 22:33   #311
BHPian

Any updates on Maharashtra? Mumbai/Pune police seemed to be doing their own thing till a few days back. Haven't found any official posts yet.
Old 25th August 2020, 08:40   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Done away for KA as well :https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...-sindhu-131493
NowNew7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 11:29   #313
Senior - BHPian

KA removes border control and other Covid 19 restrictions:
Attached Thumbnails
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-1image.jpeg  

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-2image.jpeg  

AMG Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 11:58   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It has gone away now, as per latest and revised circular dated 24-August 2020 by GoK:
Yes buddy. i was referring in general for TN and other states which are still having ePass.
TN is going to decide by end of this week 28th or 29th, after CM's meeting with district collectors.
I hope TN will also remove ePass method by end of this week. Fingers crossed.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 15:59   #315
BHPian

I just did a Coimbatore to Bangalore trip yesterday and return trip today. Had taken business pass from Seva Sindhu and two different passes from TN - one for each direction. Nobody stopped me for any checking in TN yesterday. I could see long queues for verification on other direction at Coimbatore, Thoppur, Karimangalam checkposts and a really long one at Zuzuvadi. In Attibele, the did OTP verification and stamped a transit badge. Then this removal of epass announcement happened. Today on return trip, found that Attibele checkpost is locked up. I just had to show TN pass at Zuzuvadi, Karimangalam and Thoppur. Didn't even get out of the car. In Coimbatore, had to get out and gave my phone and car# and that was that. No one verified the pass anywhere. Hopefully TN will also be done with epass soon.
vsbabu is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks