Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2020, 21:34   #331

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Hey folks,
I have a couple of queries I need help with.
My wife and I plan to travel to Delhi by road on 2nd October via the Udaipur halt route. For that travel , given that it's well ahead in future , will I need and e-pass ?
As the guidelines for September are still awaited from Maharashtra Government , what course of action are they sketching up ? Are E-passes being done away with ?
And further on this point , on the site where one has to apply for Epass , as soon as Mumbai /Maharashtra is selected, the pass option is only limited to goods vehicle , or am I doing something wrong here ?
Any suggestion help is much appreciated !

Edit: Planned travel is from Mumbai to Delhi.

Last edited by Nomad01 : 29th August 2020 at 21:51. Reason: More information added
Old 29th August 2020, 23:12   #332

I wish to travel from Bangalore to Rourkela (Odisha) by car starting on 5th Sep. The planned route is Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Bhillai-Rourkela.
I will have to travel through Karnataka, Telangana, Maharastra, Chhattisgarh and Odisha. I wish to stay over for a night at Nagpur.. sleeping in my car parked in a 24x7 petrol pump (are those operational, given the MH night curfew rules?)

Even though the center guidelines say you only need a pass from source and destination states, what is the ground reality in the intermittent states? I know MH is doing it's own thing and there is ambiguity. Given that there are no exit passes for Karnataka, will just an entry pass for Odisha do? Or do I have to apply for any pass to transit the above states too? Are there any local weekend curfew that can affect travel, even though it is a transit?
Old 30th August 2020, 10:43   #333
BHPian

Dear All,

Has anyone traveled by air in the recent past, if yes when was it? My parents are scheduled to fly on sept 11, from Hyd to Pune. I know that web check-in and health declaration is mandatory. Besides that, I think they are supposed to get the arogyasetu on their mobile. What else, am I missing something? Is there is any institutional quarantine still going on currently?

Sorry, I tried to reach out to airliners as well as Pune airport authority but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.
Old 30th August 2020, 12:51   #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Dear All,

Has anyone traveled by air in the recent past, if yes when was it? My parents are scheduled to fly on sept 11, from Hyd to Pune. I know that web check-in and health declaration is mandatory. Besides that, I think they are supposed to get the arogyasetu on their mobile. What else, am I missing something? Is there is any institutional quarantine still going on currently?

Sorry, I tried to reach out to airliners as well as Pune airport authority but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,
I picked up a friend who had travelled from Guwahati to Mumbai via Delhi on 14th August. Arogyasetu application was mandatory on mobile . After she landed in Mumbai , she was marked with a home quarantine stamp on her hand. More like those night club stamps. Although being a doctor she was urgently needed the second day at Fortis and thus couldn't follow the 14 days quarantine suggestion.
Besides that , every other procedure was quite standard, including the points you have mentioned earlier .
Cheers
Nomad01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 14:42   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animosity1123 View Post
Even though the center guidelines say you only need a pass from source and destination states, what is the ground reality in the intermittent states?
I have the same worry... While the Unlock guidelines now specify no requirement for passes - exit, transit or entry, the ground reality is far from clear.

Do share your experience, as I am planning for a trip which shares quite a bit of the same route as yours. I intend to do the same once I complete mine, to set the correct expectations for subsequent travellers.
Old 30th August 2020, 15:05   #336
Senior - BHPian

A quick question. I am planning to drive down to Lonavala from Mumbai for a quick blip today in an hour's time. Are there any travel restrictions/stoppages I need to worry about? Or I just can't go?
Old 30th August 2020, 17:10   #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
I have the same worry... While the Unlock guidelines now specify no requirement for passes - exit, transit or entry, the ground reality is far from clear.

Do share your experience, as I am planning for a trip which shares quite a bit of the same route as yours. I intend to do the same once I complete mine, to set the correct expectations for subsequent travellers.
Sure, will post the experience after the trip. Given that this will be a solo trip, I am a bit more concerned about knowing everything I need to know.
Old 30th August 2020, 23:43   #338
BHPian

This weekend I travelled from Pune to Mumbai and back. I was highly skeptical about the e-pass, considering month end Police targets. But fortunately, there wasn't even a single checkpost. All that's left is the barricades from the past. I guess all the MH police is hereby trying to ensure is whether people are wearing masks or not, that's about it.
Nifty.Nishy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 01:36   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animosity1123 View Post

Even though the center guidelines say you only need a pass from source and destination states, what is the ground reality in the intermittent states
Can't tell about MH but my family just reached Raipur (Chattisgarh) today from Kolkata via Jharkhand and Orissa and nowhere were they harrassed for not having the pass. Infact we had applied last week itself but never got a confirmation. Only the cops stopped the car at borders to ask where they were headed and nothing else. Looks like the new guidelines are communicated to the cops as well and they are complying.

Last edited by SoumenD : 31st August 2020 at 01:42.
Old 31st August 2020, 08:20   #340
BHPian

Travel from Trivandrum to Bangalore - COVID restrictions

Hi
I mean to travel from Trivadrum to Bangalore via Nagercoil, Madurai, Salem and Hosur by car. I'll be the solo driver.
Does anyone know if the occupants will be subjected to COVID screening on the road? If yes, can someone please let me know where the points of checking are and how the travelers are to line up?
I'm trying to assess the risk of being together with potential carriers.
Old 31st August 2020, 08:54   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone travelled into the states of Telangana and AP from other states recently by road, especially after the last week's notification on dissolution of the e-pass system? Please share your experience and help understand the latest protocols to enter into these states and return on the same day to Karnataka.
Old 31st August 2020, 09:26   #342
BHPian

After 6.5 months, I undertook a drive from Mumbai to Belgaum, Karnataka yesterday. Basically a drive to my hometown and it was a hassle free experience with most restaurants and chai tapris now opened up even on Maharashtra part of NH4. I was intercepted by cops at 3 places to enquire where I was heading - after Pune, between Karad and Kolhapur and at Kini toll, Kolhapur. Travel pass is absolutely not required. Cops did ask me if I had a travel pass but I politely pointed out to them the new central govt. guideline and they let me pass quickly. Infact the cops reluctantly asked for a pass because it appeared that even they were aware the pass is gone for good. On Mumbai--Pune Expressway and at the Karnataka entry point at Kognoli toll, there is absolutely no checking. More updates to follow on Mumbai--Pune--Bangalore thread in route queries section.

Just before Khambatki ghat, Pune--Satara section of NH4
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-img_20200830_133422__01.jpg
vivek95 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 10:11   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Travel from Trivandrum to Bangalore - COVID restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcars View Post
Hi
I mean to travel from Trivadrum to Bangalore via Nagercoil, Madurai, Salem and Hosur by car. I'll be the solo driver.
Does anyone know if the occupants will be subjected to COVID screening on the road? If yes, can someone please let me know where the points of checking are and how the travelers are to line up?
People entering Kanayakumari (with destination within KK Dist) from other states or Chennai are stopped for COVID test. But if you are just crossing the state then transit pass should help to pass without any hassles.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 11:18   #344
Senior - BHPian

Re: Travel from Trivandrum to Bangalore - COVID restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcars View Post
Hi
Couple of days back, my neighbour traveled from Bangalore to Trivandrum by car with family/little kids for Onam. They were not asked to go through Covid Test. I hope the same if you do Trivandrum to Bangalore and that too now TN eased the ePass system.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 15:25   #345

Planning a trip from Mumbai-Kanpur in the last week of September. I intend to drive only between dawn - 8pm. Route priorities in descending order are safety, travel time and road quality.
My planned route :
Mumbai - Nashik - Malegaon - Dhule - Indore (overnight stay) - Devas - Shajapur - Biaora - Guna - Jhansi (optional overnight stay) - Orai - Kanpur

Queries :
1-Have already received inputs from family/friends that the Mumbai-Indore and Jhansi-Kanpur stretches are good. But there appear to be several posts in Lucknow to Mumbai thread ( https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ow-mumbai.html ) about Indore-Jhansi not being great, either my planned route or via Bhopal-Vidisha, with concerns about median-less single/double lane roads (), abundance of trucks and overall bad quality roads in several stretches. But these comments are dated upto 2018. I scanned the route on Google maps sat view all the way from Indore to Jhansi and my planned route appears to be mostly multi lane with median, except small stretches between Shajapur-Biaora and after Guna. Can someone who has driven this route within last 6-12 months throw some light on this?
2- Is there an exit pass required when leaving Mumbai/MMR?
3- Is there an exist pass required when leaving Maharashtra?
4- Is there any pass required for transit through MP with overnight stay in Indore?
5- Is there an entry pass required in UP?
6- My car has a Mumbai number plate. Going by the city's prominence in corona related news has anyone experienced specific targeting by authorities of cars with Mumbai plates in other states?

Any other specific advice by people who've driven inter state recently most welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks