Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2020, 21:18   #346

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Can't tell about MH but my family just reached Raipur (Chattisgarh) today from Kolkata via Jharkhand and Orissa and nowhere were they harrassed for not having the pass. Infact we had applied last week itself but never got a confirmation. Only the cops stopped the car at borders to ask where they were headed and nothing else. Looks like the new guidelines are communicated to the cops as well and they are complying.
Thanks for the reply. Good to know that the law and the law enforcers are more in sync now. However, given that I would be travelling solo and there is an evolving flood situation in Nagpur, I have decided to postpone the trip by a few weeks till the rains subside. Will keep everyone posted.
Old 1st September 2020, 00:13   #347
Senior - BHPian

The Govt. Of Maharashtra has issued an order today easing the restrictions.

The order mentions that no e-pass will be now required for inter district travel. But the order is silent about interstate travel. It means that the earlier orders will be still valid for the interstate travel.

Let us see how the cops implement this in spirit.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 20:18   #348
Team-BHP Support

Hello, can I go to Noida from Delhi via the DND on a weekday midnight? Are there any restrictions or do we need a documented reason to travel?
Old 1st September 2020, 20:52   #349
BHPian

To Delhi

My house-help is going from Bangalore to Delhi on 15 Sept by train. Is there any quarantine policy in Delhi now?

She plans to start back by 23rd on train.
Old 2nd September 2020, 08:14   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Hello, can I go to Noida from Delhi via the DND on a weekday midnight? Are there any restrictions or do we need a documented reason to travel?
Yes, why not. No restrictions of any kind. I even flew from Imphal to Delhi, and traveled to Noida through Uber on weekday and stayed in my apartment in Noida for a week. And made numerous visits to Delhi and Noida back with no checks. Weekends might be tricky though as there is lockdown (extended till 30th Sept) in UP and Noida is no exception and heard, many motorists were fined for breach, unless you have some kind of passes.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 10:02   #351
BANNED

Kerala to Chennai

I have to travel to Chennai from Kerala by road ( own car ) and return after 4 days. I applied and got epass instantly.

But TN epass says 14 days home quarantine at Chennai. Is this true ?

Last edited by swageo : 2nd September 2020 at 10:04.
Old 2nd September 2020, 13:39   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Let us see how the cops implement this in spirit.
Mumbai Police E Pass issuing portal is no longer active. https://covid19.mhpolice.in/

So I guess police also know the new UNLOCK 4.0 guidelines.

Its now safe to travel within Maharashtra without any e pass.
Attached Thumbnails
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-screenshot_20200902133014.png  

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 2nd September 2020 at 13:40.
RM Motorsports is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 15:54   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Its now safe to travel within Maharashtra without any e pass.
Yes. As mentioned in my post, no e-pass is needed for inter district travel i.e. travel within Maharashtra.

What the MH Govt. is silent about, is it's policy regarding interstate travel.
Old 3rd September 2020, 12:17   #354
BHPian

Re: Kerala to Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
I have to travel to Chennai from Kerala by road ( own car ) and return after 4 days. I applied and got epass instantly.

But TN epass says 14 days home quarantine at Chennai. Is this true ?
On Aug 31st I had to travel from Bangalore to Pondy and on September 1st went to Chennai from Pondy and yesterday night returned to Bangalore.

There was no checking anywhere in Tamil Nadu, the traffic was at full flow. I think TN government has given up checking all incoming vehicles. Now, given that there is no restriction in inter-district travel, checking of vehicles at check post is near impossible.
prasathlr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 12:26   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea what the status is with the 'mandatory' Aarogya setu app? I believe most states have changed the advisory to 'encourage' installation rather than make it mandatory. But as usual I'm guessing each state has their own take on that. Any idea if flights to Mumbai will require one to install the app, anyone fly in to Mumbai recently?

Edit: just saw this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad01 View Post
I picked up a friend who had travelled from Guwahati to Mumbai via Delhi on 14th August. Arogyasetu application was mandatory on mobile . After she landed in Mumbai , she was marked with a home quarantine stamp on her hand.
So looks like it is still required, was hoping that requirement would be eased too along with the e-pass.

Last edited by am1m : 3rd September 2020 at 12:30.
Old 3rd September 2020, 12:45   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

My brother-in-law had to travel from Ranchi to Patna and back last month. He had booked flights both ways. 3 days before his travel, both flights were cancelled as Jharkhand government stopped any kind of travel between Bihar and Jharkhand. 2 trains that were running were also cancelled. So he had no option but to take a flight to some other place and then Patna. Kolkata was ruled out due to ever changing lockdown scene there. He flew Ranchi to Patna via Delhi and same with his return leg, spending nearly 4 times the amount he would have normally (5.5K both ways directly compared to 20K via Delhi). He had to mandatorily register on the epass portal of Jharkhand government. He was stamped Home Quarantine on his forearm when he reached Ranchi. The ink didn't last even one bath but it seems, there is constant check by official visit at home address and if someone is found flouting rules, a FIR will be registered. Without going into politics, I'll just state that there are a few states which are following this practice, and one can easily find out which all states these are.
Old 3rd September 2020, 12:48   #357
BHPian

I did Bangalore - Coimbatore - Bangalore yesterday. No checking at Hosur toll. Though police checkpost were in place near Krishnagiri and Salem, no one was stopped. Return journey was thorough the same route.
Traveling across states was seamless and added bonus was that the traffic was sparse.
AJ739 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 16:24   #358
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
On Aug 31st I had to travel from Bangalore to Pondy and on September 1st went to Chennai from Pondy and yesterday night returned to Bangalore.

There was no checking anywhere in Tamil Nadu, the traffic was at full flow. I think TN government has given up checking all incoming vehicles. Now, given that there is no restriction in inter-district travel, checking of vehicles at check post is near impossible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ739 View Post
I did Bangalore - Coimbatore - Bangalore yesterday. No checking at Hosur toll. Though police checkpost were in place near Krishnagiri and Salem, no one was stopped. Return journey was thorough the same route.
Traveling across states was seamless and added bonus was that the traffic was sparse.
Did you guys have the TN ePass with you when travelling? I have address docs with Bangalore address and not sure under what category to apply for.
Old 3rd September 2020, 16:53   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Did you guys have the TN ePass with you when travelling? I have address docs with Bangalore address and not sure under what category to apply for.
Yes, I had TN ePass. You can apply under return of stranded person.
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 17:09   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I hadn't applied for any ePass on either states portal since it was a last minute plan. Also, I got to know from a friend who resides in Hosur that no pass was required to enter TN. And crossing borders was like pre-covid times, didn't face any issues.

So you too can comfortably cross into TN without an ePass.
AJ739 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed