Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2020, 10:26   #391
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
We practised "Atma Nirbharta" . Night halt was in our car itself, with the A/C on, when we stopped right at Borkhedi Toll Plaza for ~6 hours from 11:45 PM to 5:30 AM.

Also the reason why we stretched and completed the trip in 2 days (Tue 6:30 AM to Wed 11:00 PM) instead of the easier 3 days considering the distance involved.
Yes, the ideal is a three-day(time) drive. But the condition is different now. Since you have two of you driving, shouldn't have been an issue.
Old 20th September 2020, 17:58   #392
BHPian

Did a drive between Bangalore and Jodhpur this week. As we were entering Ahmedabad at the end of NE1, we were pulled over for a roadside covid test at a tent set up in the side of the expressway. No explanations on how we would be out of the state in three hours helped. All cars,with no exceptions were pulled over. It definitely was anxiety inducing as we did not know this was part of the process and we definitely did not want to be institutionally quarantined so close to home in Rajasthan. At the end, the testing process was quick and we were on our way in ten minutes with a negative slip. The whole thing was unnecessary as this was the most crowded place we've been in months and the most likely place for us to catch the infection.
Old 21st September 2020, 09:48   #393
BHPian

Are there any restrictions on driving through Gujrat/Maharashtra now ? If I want to drive from Rajasthan to Goa, will I require to quarantine in Maharashtra. I think Gujrat isn't required but I want to be sure. What if I want a one night halt in Mumbai, at a hotel or friends place ?
Old 22nd September 2020, 18:36   #394
BHPian

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Is anyone here aware of the process for quarantine completion certificate in Kerala.
I know that it can be applied from the covid jagratha portal.

My questions are -
1. How long does it take to get the certificate?
2. When does the quarantine period start? The day of arrival or the next day?

Appreciate if people have gone through quarantine in Kerala can provide some answers.
Old 22nd September 2020, 19:13   #395
BHPian

I need to travel to Bengaluru from Chennai for a 2 day official trip. Planning to start on Sunday afternoon and reach by late evening. Finish work on Monday. Start from Bengaluru on Tuesday early morning and be back at Chennai by noon.

I know that I need epass to while I am returning. That is I need a TN epass when I am coming in from KA.

Do I need Epass to enter KA from TN? If so where do I apply. Google searches returned nothing.
Old 22nd September 2020, 22:37   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post

Do I need Epass to enter KA from TN? If so where do I apply. Google searches returned nothing.
No, there is no need for epass to enter KA. And there aren't any checks or stops.
Old 23rd September 2020, 04:41   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post

I know that I need epass to while I am returning. That is I need a TN epass when I am coming in from KA.
I am planning to drive to Hosur from Pune. I was thinking I need e-pass to enter TN from KA. If you have already applied, can you share the e-pass application link please?

Also, do I need E-pass to enter KA from Maharashtra?

Last edited by Pam81 : 23rd September 2020 at 05:05. Reason: Updated information
Old 23rd September 2020, 08:12   #398
BHPian

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
My questions are -
1. How long does it take to get the certificate?
2. When does the quarantine period start? The day of arrival or the next day
Note : I am travelling to Kerala , so enquired with authorities and this is what the info they shared.
1. By new order, the quarantine is for 7 days . You have to get it tested the 7th day after arrival and if tested negative , further 7 days quarantine is optional( health authorities recommendation) . If tested positive it’s 14 days

2. The day of arrival
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 09:24   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam81 View Post

You don’t need an epass for KA
Garth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 10:33   #400
BHPian

Just completed a BLR-HYD-NGP-JLR and back (same route) trip. No epasses required anywhre in Telangana and Maharashtra, was not stopped anywhere!
Old 23rd September 2020, 11:14   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam81 View Post
I am planning to drive to Hosur from Pune. I was thinking I need e-pass to enter TN from KA. If you have already applied, can you share the e-pass application link please?

Yes, you need auto-approved TN e-Pass to enter Hosur/TN from KA (although no one checks in reality). Here is the link.

https://tnepass.tnega.org/

You don't need any ePass to enter or exit KA.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 11:39   #402
Senior - BHPian

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-fb_img_1600841213195.jpg

Uttarakhand lifts all travel restrictions and tourists will no longer need to produce Covid-negative certificates to travel to the state. They just need to register themselves on the web portal http://smartcitydehradun.uk.gov.in prior to their visit.

Source: Uttarakhand Tourism.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 11:58   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Yes, you need auto-approved TN e-Pass to enter Hosur/TN from KA (although no one checks in reality).
The checking might be random. I travelled from Bangalore to Kerala on Saturday. They were checking for ePass at Zuzuwadi check post early in the morning, around 6 ish.
Garth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 15:25   #404
BHPian

I am planning to travel from Mumbai to Kolkata, via Hyderabad, Vizag, Bhubaneswar. Would I need to get e-passes for KA, TS, AP, OR, WB ?
Old 24th September 2020, 12:27   #405
BHPian

Guys, I am planning a Pune to Kannur (Kerala) trip somewhere in the last week of October 2020. Has someone lately done this or a similar trip to Kerala from Pune or Maharashtra?

I wanted to know to the following. Any updates and route recommendations will be helpful....

- Do I need some pass or permit to commence an interstate travel from Pune?

- I am planning the route via Kholapur - Belgaum - Dharwad - Kumta - Mangalore - Kasargod. Would I require a pass to enter and drive through Karnataka?

- Will I still need an e-pass to enter Kerala or is it just the registration in the e-jagratha website?

- On the Mangalore - Kerala border, is there a mandatory testing going on these days, or is it pass through, just like the good old days?

- I am driving one stretch. Plan is to start from Pune at 2am and reach home by around 10pm. I would appreciate any route recommendations.

Most Viewed