Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2020, 15:11   #406
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerman View Post
Would I require a pass to enter and drive through Karnataka?
No epass is required for Karnataka

Quote:
- Will I still need an e-pass to enter Kerala or is it just the registration in the e-jagratha website?
Registration is required in the Covid Jagratha portal

Quote:
- On the Mangalore - Kerala border, is there a mandatory testing going on these days, or is it pass through, just like the good old days?
As far as I know, if your destination is in Waynad, one person in the car has to be tested. Since your destination is Kannur it might not be needed.

I came through Walayar this weekend, and they just noted my pass number and sent me through.

Quote:
- I am driving one stretch. Plan is to start from Pune at 2am and reach home by around 10pm. I would appreciate any route recommendations.
Its an almost 18 hour drive. Are you sure you want to do it in one stretch? Roads might not be the best in many areas due to the recent rains. Karnataka has been receiving very heavy rains over the past 2 weeks or so.
Garth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 17:06   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post

I came through Walayar this weekend, and they just noted my pass number and sent me through.
Thank you for the updates What pass number are you referring to? I just registered in the Jagratha portal. Should I be expecting some id from the portal?

Also, I will have my family traveling with me. Does every individual have to register in the Jagratha portal?
Tygerman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 17:24   #408
BHPian

I registered for the Domestic Returnee pass. There is a registration number on the pass. Right at the top. You receive this on SMS as well.

In the pass you need to mention details of the fellow travelers. In that no need to register everyone separately.

It is better to add everyone in on epass/ registration. Otherwise at the check post everyone might need to get down from the car. In Walayar, only one person needs to get down and provide the details at the counter, I am not sure how it is at other check posts.
Garth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 17:32   #409
BHPian

I have been travelling via internal roads between Karnataka and Kerala (Mangalore to Kasaragod) several times since a couple of weeks. While I was stopped just once at a check post(place called Saradka near Vittal) and they just took my Aadhar card number , asked where I am coming from and where I am going, noted my car reg number and let me go. No Epass was asked ever.

While the E-pass requirement could be there on NH while you enter Kerala, there are currently no blocks via the internal roads.
Old 27th September 2020, 20:38   #410
BHPian

I will be travelling from Navi mumbai to Thrissur via Mangalore on 29th sep. Its a sudden execution of a long thought idea of spending some time with parents based there.

I'll be travelling with my wife and 3 year old. A friend is coming along who will proceed to Kollam. I'll be carrying my 2 pet cats too.

I'll be driving my 14 year old Honda City zx. I have travelled to thrissur before via Bengaluru and had returned via Mysuru. However due to covid registration process the only checkpoints I found with slots empty were via the Mangalore route.

I have never taken this route before. I plan to spend the night of 29th wherever I find a good pet friendly place near Mangalore or Udupi.

I have taken the permit from e jagratha for all members travelling.

If any folks are familiar with the route, do advise if there is anything I should take heed of. Thanks.
Old 27th September 2020, 21:30   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
If any folks are familiar with the route, do advise if there is anything I should take heed of. Thanks.
I don’t think the slot availability is an issue currently. You can choose a slot for a date much ahead . In our case we got the spot pass at the checkpoint itself as we didn’t register it online . Please call the helpline and they can help you . I will suggest you to take the normal Pune - Bangalore-Trichur
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 23:10   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
I don’t think the slot availability is an issue currently. You can choose a slot for a date much ahead . In our case we got the spot pass at the checkpoint itself as we didn’t register it online . Please call the helpline and they can help you . I will suggest you to take the normal Pune - Bangalore-Trichur
Thanks for the info, really appreciate it. Could you let me know at what date you travelled? I was told by my cousins to take the epass. I tried calling the helpline for other reasons but being a Sunday didn't get help. I'll try again tomorrow and ask them. It'll definitely give me few options atleast. Thanks again.
Old 28th September 2020, 02:26   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Thanks for the info, really appreciate it. Could you let me know at what date you travelled?
We entered Kerala on 26th September . The volunteers and police were so helpful . Before travelling we tried different slots online and was not available in most of the entry checkposts so called the helpline and they told us to travel down directly and get the pass at entry point
Please check the PM
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 06:53   #414
BHPian

I applied for short visit pass to Kerala (from Bangalore, Oct 1st week) and it got issued instantaneously.
I put in all the effort in to filling the self declaration form, merging pdfs of declaration with Aadhaar and key in my 'purpose of visit' elaborately etc and the short visit pass got generated without approval .
I think approval is no more required for short visit passes too.
Old 28th September 2020, 10:00   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post
I applied for short visit pass to Kerala (from Bangalore, Oct 1st week) and it got issued instantaneously.
I put in all the effort in to filling the self declaration form, merging pdfs of declaration with Aadhaar and key in my 'purpose of visit' elaborately etc and the short visit pass got generated without approval .
I think approval is no more required for short visit passes too.
True.

I had applied for a short visit pass to travel to Kochi from Bangalore on Sep 30 returning on Oct 3. I submitted the application on Sep 21 to give time for follow up, change of plans etc. Followed up a couple of times with the helpline and was asked to wait until end of week as they were processing backlogs by travel date. But, on Friday afternoon, I got a SMS saying my pass has been rejected with reason "Permit allowed only for absolutely minimum travel". Called up the helpline to understand what this meant. I was told to reapply and that short visit pass will now be auto approved. Did that and got the pass instantly.
Mnjdnght is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 13:24   #416
BHPian

Has anyone gone through Muthanga check post (near Sulthan Bathery) recently from Karnataka?

Is there any Covid-19 testing or quarantine requirement for short personal travel (2 nights' stay) to Calicut from Bangalore?

Is there any Karnataka permit required to return?
Old 28th September 2020, 15:35   #417
Senior - BHPian

Hi Team, My parents, my cousin sister and me are planning to go on a 16 road trip in November during Diwali time to Golden Temple and then Srinagar.

We want to spend 2-3 days in Amritsar and then a divide the remaining time between Srinagar and a couple of days in Gulmarg (Or if there are better places around, people can suggest) before heading back to Mumbai.

My Swift Diesel will be car we will be travelling in.

Has anyone done a trip to Amritsar and Srinagar and surrounding areas very recently?
Old 28th September 2020, 16:02   #418

I am planning to travel from Bangalore to TN next weekend.
Is e-pass still required for this travel? If anyone has travelled, please do let me know.
Old 28th September 2020, 20:23   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seltos19 View Post
I am planning to travel from Bangalore to TN next weekend.
Is e-pass still required for this travel? If anyone has travelled, please do let me know.
As per guidelines, e-pass is required. But checking is random. One of my friend crossed the border yesterday and he said that there was no checking.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 17:52   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seltos19 View Post
As Arun mentioned below, the checking is random I guess. On the Chitoor route there a member has mentioned that it was checked, but someone I know traveled last weekend without any checking done.

However, the pass process is fairly simple and its auto approved immediately, so suggest you get the same, just to avoid uncertainty.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed