Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2020, 02:35   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccnarayanan View Post
Has anyone gone through Muthanga check post (near Sulthan Bathery) recently from Karnataka?

Is there any Covid-19 testing or quarantine requirement for short personal travel (2 nights' stay) to Calicut from Bangalore?

Is there any Karnataka permit required to return?
I travelled to Kalpetta on 18th September using a short visit pass. There is a testing center at Muthanga where they do a Antigen test and you need to wait for about 15 minutes for the result. But it looked like they were testing only travellers with destination specified as Wayanad because I saw the cops allowing some other cars to continue without asking for a test. Also in my case the testing was restricted to only one person in the vehicle (even though we had 4 persons from the same family travelling).

There is no quarantine requirement for short visits. And no requirement of any permits for entry to Karnataka (as was notified at the beginning of September).

I think the new Unlock 5.0 guidelines released earlier today specifies that there will not be any restrictions on inter-state travel - so there may not be a requirement for passes itself from October 1st.

Last edited by kala : 1st October 2020 at 02:43. Reason: Date Correction
Old 1st October 2020, 05:32   #422
Team-BHP Support

Traveled to Palakkad from Chennai yesterday. I've taken the short visit pass. Left Chennai at 4 AM and crossed Walayar around 12:30 PM.

Absolutely no checking of any sorts throughout the trip although there were barricades erected and cops were seated in the makeshift sheds. At Walayar, where we had to previously get down and register at a booth/get the temperature checks done, vehicles were merrily crossing the sales tax post area.

Will be returning to Chennai this Sunday.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st October 2020 at 19:39. Reason: Extra word deleted
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 15:38   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
I will be travelling from Navi mumbai to Thrissur via Mangalore on 29th sep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Traveled to Palakkad from Chennai yesterday. I've taken the short visit pass. Left Chennai at 4 AM and crossed Walayar around 12:30 PM.

Absolutely no checking of any sorts throughout the trip although there were barricades were erected and cops were seated in the makeshift sheds. At Walayar, where we had to previously get down and register at a booth/get the temperature checks done, vehicles were merrily crossing the sales tax post area.

Will be returning to Chennai this Sunday.
I reached Thrissur yesterday evening. And same as Gannu mentioned I faced no checking whatsoever anywhere. I took the Pune>Kittur>Gokarna>Mangalore>Kasarkode route. I didn't even realise when I crossed Manjeshwaram checkpost. I reached home and my parents informed the local health body. I got a call from the police today asking us whether we reached. They would conduct a surprise check to see if we are following quarantine procedures.

I also had a friend along with us who had to proceed further to Kollam. Earlier we expected to drop him at Thrissur station where he would take a train or Ksrtc service. But since it was already evening we called up the e-jagratha helpline. They said its ok for him to spend one day with us in isolation as long as he returned home straight later. So eventually he booked an early morning train and spent the evening at our place.
400notout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 21:47   #424
BHPian

Those who have done interstate travelling, did you take a corona test before you went back to home to your families. I guess it wont be practical or needed if the whole family travelled but may someone who has done solo drives ? Is it a good idea to take a test as soon as you enter your city and before go home? It seems testing is easily available and its a quick process too. Any thoughts?
Old 4th October 2020, 08:47   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Those who have done interstate travelling, did you take a corona test before you went back to home to your families. I guess it wont be practical or needed if the whole family travelled but may someone who has done solo drives ? Is it a good idea to take a test as soon as you enter your city and before go home? It seems testing is easily available and its a quick process too. Any thoughts?
In my opinion, it doesn't matter whether it is a interstate travel or a inter-district travel. If you have participated in any huge gathering or feel that you have come in touch with any Covid suspects, then better to self quarantine yourself.

During initial days some states were affected more and some weren't, so restrictions/quarantine guidelines made sense. But not anymore as the risk is same everywhere now.
arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 20:16   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
In my opinion, it doesn't matter whether it is a interstate travel or a inter-district travel. If you have participated in any huge gathering or feel that you have come in touch with any Covid suspects, then better to self quarantine yourself.

During initial days some states were affected more and some weren't, so restrictions/quarantine guidelines made sense. But not anymore as the risk is same everywhere now.
+1. Well said and Totally agree. Its no longer because of travel. The risk is true within your apartment/city/area and anywhere. If you suspect you may be in contact with covid suspect or observe any symptoms, get it tested.
For Asymptomatic cases, if you dont' have any other health complications, better to self quarantine as per new norms.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 06:08   #427
Team-BHP Support

Returned to Chennai from Palakkad yesterday and there was no checking anywhere en route. I'm glad I didn't have to step out of the vehicle and stand in the queue at Walayar like how we did it last time during July-mid.

There's the checkpost there and a cop who'd route all other state vehicles to go through the service lane but no checking. All cars merged into the main road later.

I felt that things have largely gotten back to the pre-covid era. Except fuel prices. All the tolls accepted fastag and the vehicles progressed seamlessly. Biggest bottleneck continues to be the L&T bypass road.

During my onward drive, I had to bypass one of the L&T bypass tolls since it had a huge queue. Drove through a bylane and bypassed the toll.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 16:31   #428
BHPian

Got my quarantine certificate yesterday on 16th day since arrival. This is in Kochi.
Old 6th October 2020, 15:30   #429
BHPian

Drove from Bangalore to Coimbatore on 26th Sept, and returned on Oct 2nd. We had taken e-pass before the travel. In line with what others have experienced, didn't see any checks or stopping by anyone. Couple of places there are barricades placed, and police sitting by, but they were not stopping anyone.

Traffic on the highway is getting back to pre-covid days. Many hotels and restaurants are open too, and compared to before I could see at least 50-60% cars parked at the hotels. And many cars parked by roadside to consume home cooked food. I hope trash management is handled responsibly.

Push for Fastags has definitely made the toll plazas less crowded. Krishnagiri toll is an exception though. I found the overall road manners way more acceptable compared to pre covid days. No honking even at ill-managed Krishnagiri toll plaza.

At Hosur-Attibele border there is no free movement of interstate buses. TN buses stop on their side of the border and take a U-turn, and similarly the KA buses on their side. Passengers have to walk the distance to change the buses. There was a fair bit of traffic jam because of buses taking u-turns.
Biker Ram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 17:08   #430
Senior - BHPian

Drove from Palakkad to Pune, had to stop at Walayar check post (TN side) where a lady constable was taking down my details. Apart from that didn't stop anywhere, journey was smooth and uneventful.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 11:29   #431
BHPian

Last weekend drove from AP to Bangalore and then back. No checks anywhere.
Old 8th October 2020, 18:18   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone traveled to Chennai via flights recently for short (/business trips)? What's the process with regards to asymptomatic travelers? We are trying to figure out if we could travel for a 2 day personal trip next month - unfortunately, this is something that we can't delay hence the question.

I know of friends and colleagues who have recently traveled to and back from Chennai by road for short / weekend trips and without any restrictions. But haven't heard of any experiences with regards to domestic flights.

Any suggestions?

Edit: The Chennai govt guidelines state that "persons travelling for business trip and return within 72 hours are exempted from home quarantine requirements. In such cases the individual shall furnish valid return document."

Has anyone attempted a short trip like this?

Last edited by ninjatalli : 8th October 2020 at 18:27.
Old 11th October 2020, 12:06   #433
BHPian

Fellow interstate travelers... I would really appreciate your help with this.

My family and I are traveling from Bangalore to northern Kerala by road, next week. We will be staying in Kasaragod district and crossing over at the Jalsoor border check post. I am confused about what steps to take. I would appreciate some help with the following questions:

1. Do I need an e-pass?
2. If so, where do I get an e-pass for tourism? The Kerala government has announced that the state is open for tourism, but their short stay form in the Jagratha portal does not have "tourism" as a valid reason for entry
3. Is Jalsoor a good place for entry into Kerala (to minimise long lines, hassles etc.)? If not, what is the alternative?
4. Do we need a negative covid test result with us to present at the border?
5. Will the Kerala government ask us to take a Covid test at the border?
6. Karnataka has announced that there will be no barriers for entry into Karnataka. Is this true? Should we expect any hassles or questions at the border when we come back?

Many thanks in advance
Old 11th October 2020, 14:59   #434
BHPian

I have the same questions as above. I tried applying for an shortvisit ePass just now and the submission of form always fails with invalid ID.

https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/shortVisit

Is it happening for others too?
Old 12th October 2020, 19:41   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Has anyone traveled to Chennai via flights recently for short (<3 day trips)? What's the process with regards to asymptomatic travelers?
Repeating my question - has anyone availed the TN epass for a short (<72 hours) trip by flight? With to & fro flight tickets. Unfortunately the epass request form requires that you book the flight tickets in advance and provide flight details before raising the epass request.

Any feedback on this would be highly helpful

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks