Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2020, 10:40   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.sub82 View Post
Ravi, are you advising any other route instead of Zuzuvadi? I have taken an ePass with entry at Zuzuvadi, I am hoping it is not too much of an issue crossing over
No. i am not advising other routes its not a major issue to cross via Zuzuvadi. It just slows down depending on the time you cross. Please go ahead

-Ravi
Old 21st October 2020, 13:42   #452
BHPian

Hi all,

I'm planning to visit Visakhapatnam from Chennai on 24th. Understand TN exit pass is not required from.above posts. My query as below :

1) Is Andhra e pass mandatory for entering Andhra
2) we're 4 adults + 2 kids travelling by a hatchback. Will number of passengers will be an issue ?

Thanks in advance
Sk8r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 14:05   #453
BHPian

Drove from Bangalore to Thrissur via Hosur - Salem - Walayar. I had obtained entry pass and TamilNadu ePasses. There was absolutely no checking anywhere whatsoever, sailed through both check points like any other normal holiday drive.
Old 21st October 2020, 15:09   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Hi all,
1) Is Andhra e pass mandatory for entering Andhra
I have travelled twice recently from Bangalore to Andhra. Did not have any checks in the border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
2) we're 4 adults + 2 kids travelling by a hatchback. Will number of passengers will be an issue ?
Thanks in advance
Not sure but there is a huge traffic police check going on in Bangalore these days and I guess there are rules like all should wear masks in car even if family etc. There is a separate thread on this here now.
rajesh1868 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 15:15   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
You can refer to the update I shared in the same thread earlier, which shares the route till UP. No passes were required or checked, and road condition details as shared earlier:
Travelled from Bangalore to Ghaziabad during the period 17th - 19th Oct 2020. Here is an update on the road conditions:

Day 1- Bangalore (E City) to Nagpur (Le Meridien) : Started at 5:30 AM from our home in E-City, Bangalore and reached Le Meridien, Nagpur at 11 PM. We took a late lunch break at 3:30 PM upon exiting Nehru ORR in Medchal; the food at Manthra restaurant was delicious, however, the seating set-up left a lot to be desired. I would suggest a take-away from Manthra would be a great option.

Bangalore - Adilabad - Great roads to drive on; uneventful journey
Adilabad - Nagpur - Roads are decent with numerous potholes strewn across the stretch. Need to be extra vigilant while driving; a good practice will be to observe the manoeuvres by the vehicle ahead to spot potholes and take evasive action

Day 2 - Nagpur to Katni - Checked out from Le Meridien at 10:30 AM. Took the Nagpur-Seoni-Jabalpur route to Katni; reached Katni at 4 PM. The Nagpur-Seoni route via Pench is almost complete albeit for a section of ~10-15 kms; at one point inside Pench towards the Seoni route, the MP Police were stopping all non-MP registered vehicles to take a detour while allowing the MP registered vehicles to pass through. We, followed by a couple of other motorist protested and were eventually allowed to pass through.The roads are a treat to drive on. However, one needs to be vigilant of cattle while in MP, who are found (aplenty) munching on grass in the middle/edges of the highway.

Day 3 - Katni to Ghaziabad - Started from Katni at 9:30 AM and reached our home in Ghaziabad at 11 PM. We took the Katni-Damoh-Sagar-Jhansi-Agra-Ghaziabad route. Katni-Damoh-Sagar was on SH14; the roads are strewn with numerous potholes and is difficult to maintain speed. We covered ~180 kms in ~2.5 hrs to rejoin NH44 near Sagar at 1 PM. Drove continuously till we reached Agra at 7 PM; dined at Pinch of Spice restaurant in Agra, food was sumptuous. We re-started at 9 PM and were finally home at 11 PM.
Old 21st October 2020, 17:10   #456
Team-BHP Support

Any idea if e-pass is needed for a 3 days visit to Wayanad (KL) from Bangalore (KA)? Had posted on route to kerala thread also.

Quote:
TEarlier there was a short visit pass that can be applied which will get an instant SMS confirmation. I have been trying to apply the same since yesterday and everything goes through, except the darn confirmation SMS does not come. Tried checking application status, which is also not being listed. The link shared below.

https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/shortVisit

So any updates on the current status? Have they stopped the pass system or something?
Old 22nd October 2020, 10:35   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Any idea if e-pass is needed for a 3 days visit to Wayanad (KL) from Bangalore (KA)? Had posted on route to kerala thread also.
Kerala, you need to have a pass. Getting checked at the border is depending on chance.

Kerala entry is still mandated by a valid pass.

My friend applied for a short term pass (to Thrissur) yesterday and it got approved instantly.
I have also taken a long term pass as plan to be there for 3/4 weeks.

Last edited by Sree73 : 22nd October 2020 at 10:37.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 12:23   #458
UMe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I have also taken a long term pass as plan to be there for 3/4 weeks.
As we know that there is Short visit pass for short term and Regular Visit for longer stay. But as Regular visit only has employment and trade as options. Any implications if we stay longer during short visit pass?
Plan is to drop my parents to Kerala for a few weeks and I return back the next day.
Old 22nd October 2020, 12:35   #459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Kerala, you need to have a pass. Getting checked at the border is depending on chance.

Kerala entry is still mandated by a valid pass.
The site started working by yesterday evening and I have managed to get the short term pass. Meanwhile I had contacted the hotel person in Wayanad and he mentioned for Karnataka epass is not required in Kerala. Anyhow will know on Saturday when we enter Kerala.
Old 22nd October 2020, 13:59   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMe View Post
Any implications if we stay longer during short visit pass?
Plan is to drop my parents to Kerala for a few weeks and I return back the next day.
Use the Domestic entry pass if you are planning for few weeks. Overstay on short term is not advised. Local police also tracks the passes in some cases.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 17:09   #461
UMe
BHPian

Quote:
Use the Domestic entry pass
Thanks for the information Sree73, I had assumed the Domestic entry pass is no more in use after the lockdown ended.
I already see that there are time slots that need to be selected along with the Checkpost Name & some of the timeslot is already got booked for November. I hope they are not so stringent about the time that we enter.
Old 22nd October 2020, 17:13   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMe View Post
I already see that there are time slots that need to be selected along with the Checkpost Name & some of the timeslot is already got booked for November.
Time, day, checkpost doesn't matter anymore. Just a registration is enough.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 06:52   #463
Team-BHP Support

Applied for a short visit pass for a Kerala visit and got an SMS instantly for the download. Works much better rather than waiting for the approval.
Old 23rd October 2020, 15:43   #464
BHPian

Thinking of a drive to Goa from Trivandrum in December. The usual routes are Kerala-Karnataka-Goa or Kerala-TN-Karnataka-Goa. Any information regarding the entry/exit passes for TN, Karnataka, Goa will be welcome.
Old 24th October 2020, 12:30   #465

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
Just completed Bengaluru-Hyderabad-Adilabad-Nagpur-Chindwara-Sagar-Jhansi-Lucknow across 2 days. Took the slightly longer route due to feedback on some patches being bad on a more direct route.

Our 2019 Tata Nexon XZA+ Diesel AMT driven by self and spouse did an awesome job!

Hey NowNew7, I am planning the BLR-LKO trip on 6-8th Nov '20. Glad I landed on your post! I am not aware of the conditions of the default route showing in Google map (BLR-HYD-Adilabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Katni-Pryagraj-LKO), wondering is it best avoided altogether?

Our 2019 Tata Nexon XZA+ Diesel AMT driven by self and spouse did an awesome job!

I'll be driving my Nexon XZ+(P). How did yours hold up during the bad patches? I had it serviced in July '20, haven't driven it post the service much but haven't noticed any niggles either so I believe it should be good to go. Any maintenance tips before I start?

I'll be the sole driver with my wife accompanying me, hence I am planning to cover the distance in 3/3.5 days. I don't plan to drive >600 km a day. What are the suggested rest stops along the route?

I was planning to spend the first night in Hyderabad as I have some friends there. I understand you went all 'aatma-nirbahar' but would you have a suggestion on the next halts along the route?

This would be my first long-distance road trip hence want to gather as much input/advice I can.

Would you/others suggest to carry along a puncture kit/tyre inflator? Other suggestions are welcome!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks