Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2020, 10:21   #466
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbeknown_guy View Post
Hey NowNew7, I am planning the BLR-LKO trip on 6-8th Nov '20. Glad I landed on your post! I am not aware of the conditions of the default route showing in Google map (BLR-HYD-Adilabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Katni-Pryagraj-LKO), wondering is it best avoided altogether?
A known family did the same trip recently over 3 days with stops at Hyderabad and Jabalpur. Came to know the route has some patches under construction and a longish stretch after Nagpur is 2 lanes going through villages for quite a bit but is doable. We had opted to come via Jhansi purely because of reported road conditions and the fact that it is 4 lanes. The spouse was happy maintaining the top speed possible without triggering the speed alarm on the Sagar-Jhansi stretch

Quote:
I'll be driving my Nexon XZ+(P). How did yours hold up during the bad patches?
Our lady held up like a champ! We even camped overnight in the vehicle with A/C on for a few hours! We did not do any service except ensuring a full tank and correct tyre pressure before starting. The reason is that our Nov 2019 vehicle was just driven around 2K kms due to the COVID situation and had been taken for 2nd free service in June.

Quote:
What are the suggested rest stops along the route?
I'm unable to recommend firsthand, as me and spouse interchanged and drove non-stop.

Quote:
This would be my first long-distance road trip hence want to gather as much input/advice I can.
All the best and wish you many more ahead!

Quote:
Would you/others suggest to carry along a puncture kit/tyre inflator? Other suggestions are welcome!
Puncture kit, tyre inflator IMHO are a bit of overkill. We bought and kept a jumper cable and a tow cable as you can't push start an automatic! Apart from that just ensure the jack and tool kit are in good condition and the spare tyre is also pressure checked before starting.

I'm happy to help and share pointers, but would strongly recommend for you to check out the FB Nexon Owner's Group and FB Whitefield Rising Group for the extensive details shared by a few drivers who took the same route. That's what worked the best for me, and in fact my final plans were guided thanks to someone who had done the route a couple of times just before me.

Stay safe, as there is no social distancing evident on the way. Happy Travels!
Old 25th October 2020, 12:52   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Drove from Bangalore to Thrissur via Hosur - Salem - Walayar. I had obtained entry pass and TamilNadu ePasses. There was absolutely no checking anywhere whatsoever, sailed through both check points like any other normal holiday drive.
Returned from Thrissur via Walayar - Salem - Dharmapuri - Hosur.

At Walayar, a cop asked us to enter a service lane where another cop asked me where I was traveling to. I was let go when I told him I was headed to Bangalore. For other travelers whose destination was TN, they had to get out and check in at the roadside counter.

There was no checking whatsoever while entering Bangalore (as expected).
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 19:51   #468
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Planning to go to Tirupathi by road by 22nd Nov, after my quarantine period. Any passes to be taken to enter AP. If necessary a link would be very useful. Thanks!!!
Old 26th October 2020, 11:56   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangy62 View Post
Planning to go to Tirupathi by road by 22nd Nov, after my quarantine period. Any passes to be taken to enter AP. If necessary a link would be very useful. Thanks!!!
No pass is required for AP. No restrictions, so you can simply drive in and out of AP without any hassle.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 10:10   #470
UMe
BHPian

There has been reports that covid negative certificate is now mandatory for the people coming from other states to Kerala. Any info when this would get implemented or any first hand information on this, from those who travelled recently?
Link1
Link2
UMe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 10:24   #471
BHPian

We travelled on Bangalore- Madurai- Thenkasi- Aryankavu (checkpost) route to Kerala on 22nd October. There were no checking/stopping till Shengottai border. There we had to get down and fill basic travel information to TN side check post. Then at Kerala side, there was a detailed entry process. There were 3 counters, where we had to give ,our registration number (Kerala covid portal) , vehicle no, no. of passengers etc. They issued 2 passes with 1 week quarantine information. Also placed a sticker on car which says "inter state traveler. High risk category".

Last edited by mykal shoemaker : 27th October 2020 at 10:28.
mykal shoemaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 10:40   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

Is section 144 (/and night curfew) still in place? Asking specifically for Mumbai/Thane districts.
Old 27th October 2020, 10:42   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMe View Post
There has been reports that covid negative certificate is now mandatory for the people coming from other states to Kerala.
This has been circulating on WhatsApp forwards as well.

And this sounds ridiculous, as if the people coming from other states are the major contributors of the cases in KL. Irony is that, people travel all over within the state north to south and vice versa without any restrictions, but actually could be the major contributors of the spread than the outsiders.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 12:20   #474
UMe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
And this sounds ridiculous, as if the people coming from other states are the major contributors of the cases in KL.
Yes, indeed ridiculous. It is also putting further pressure on already worn-out ASHA workers and other covid officials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker View Post
Then at Kerala side, there was a detailed entry process.
This seems like an elaborate checking at the Kerala border and lot of documentation. I am more worried about catching the virus at those checkpost counters than anywhere else.
I was also informed by one of my relative that there was some rush at the kootupozha (makutta) kerala border and lot of people were very causal and without mask and so on.

Is this rush normal at this time of the day.
Attached Thumbnails
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-screenshot_2020_1027_121552.jpg  

Last edited by UMe : 27th October 2020 at 12:22.
Old 27th October 2020, 14:11   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Is section 144 (/and night curfew) still in place? Asking specifically for Mumbai/Thane districts.
On paper, yes to both. But the chai shops and lunch places are teeming with people - so clearly 144 is not enforced strictly.

I've travelled/ridden late (work-related) in the night between Thane and Mumbai and there was no stopping/checking whatsoever with regards to the curfew timings; but they put up those "check-post barricades" that I navigated through.

I enquired with the cops stationed near my place about the same. They just stated that "these laws are for our safety. If a situation arises where you need to step out for any activity then as long as you're careful and follow the guidelines (mask, social distancing, santizer etc), then you shouldn't worry so much."
TheVaas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 19:52   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, indeed ridiculous. It is also putting further pressure on already worn-out ASHA workers and other covid officials.

Is this rush normal at this time of the day.
We transited through this checkpost couple of weeks back enroute to Kannur. By the time we reached at 1130, luckily there were only 2 vehicles parked in front of us just before the bridge. By the time we started moving after 15+ minutes in batches of 5 vehicles, there were close to 30-40 vehicles lined up. Next stop Kiliyanthara for the health check which took 10 minutes. (3 counters- 1 which sort of looked like a reception, another for validating pass, and the last for sample collection).

So yes, this is normal.

Last edited by xotiq : 27th October 2020 at 19:54.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 20:22   #477

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
A known family did the same trip recently over 3 days with stops at Hyderabad and Jabalpur. Came to know the route has some patches under construction and a longish stretch after Nagpur is 2 lanes going through villages for quite a bit but is doable. We had opted to come via Jhansi purely because of reported road conditions and the fact that it is 4 lanes. The spouse was happy maintaining the top speed possible without triggering the speed alarm on the Sagar-Jhansi stretch
Thanks for sharing! I didn't want to drive >700 odd km in a day (considering I'd be the sole driver) hence thinking to take this route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
Puncture kit, tyre inflator IMHO are a bit of overkill. We bought and kept a jumper cable and a tow cable as you can't push start an automatic! Apart from that just ensure the jack and tool kit are in good condition and the spare tyre is also pressure checked before starting.

I'm happy to help and share pointers, but would strongly recommend for you to check out the FB Nexon Owner's Group and FB Whitefield Rising Group for the extensive details shared by a few drivers who took the same route. That's what worked the best for me, and in fact my final plans were guided thanks to someone who had done the route a couple of times just before me.

Stay safe, as there is no social distancing evident on the way. Happy Travels!
Thanks! I'll crawl through these FB groups. Hopefully, it will help me finalize the plan as well Thanks again for sharing your experience and providing your feedback!
Old 27th October 2020, 20:34   #478
BHPian

Quote:
There has been reports that covid negative certificate is now mandatory for the people coming from other states to Kerala. Any info when this would get implemented or any first hand information on this, from those who travelled recently?
Link1
Link2

Its strange actually. Apart from these two sources, I haven't seen this news anywhere else. Not on the news channels, not in the newspapers. There are no guidelines related to this in the Kerala government health department sites. Also as per Centre's guidelines there should be no hindrance on movement of people, so not sure how this will play if the reports are true.
Old 27th October 2020, 22:13   #479
pms
BHPian

Hi, Am travelling to Mananthavady, Wayanad on 29th Oct for 3 nights with family. Applied for "short visit" in Covid Jagratha portal and got it approved in a minute once all details were entered. The Visit Permit link came as an SMS to my registered mobile number.
Had to upload a self declaration as supporting document.
This is my first outstation drive post 8 months. Hope to enjoy a good drive and nice vacation.
Old 27th October 2020, 22:59   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Also as per Centre's guidelines there should be no hindrance on movement of people, so not sure how this will play if the reports are true.
It is a very subjective thing. What is being understood so far is that KL is not stopping/restricting any inward movements. A registration system is in place to track the people and now what it looks like is a screening too that will be established at the check post.

As per a report from someone who traveled yesterday via Kootupuzha check post (Kannur route), Rapid Antigen test is done for all the passengers (<60 yr old. Above 60, need not step out of the vehicle).
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks