Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2020, 09:10   #481
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Drove from Bangalore to Trivandrum via Salem-Madurai-Nagercoil a couple of days back. We had both the TN and KL passes. No checking anywhere until Kaliyikkavila border. At Kaliyikkavila, two KL cops were taking down vehicle number, phone number, name, and destination. Just a cursory glance at the pass. Nothing else, not even thermal screening. The cops told there would have been screening had we crossed during day time. We crossed the border under 2 minutes. No followup from anyone yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
This has been circulating on WhatsApp forwards as well.

And this sounds ridiculous, as if the people coming from other states are the major contributors of the cases in KL. Irony is that, people travel all over within the state north to south and vice versa without any restrictions, but actually could be the major contributors of the spread than the outsiders.
Agreed.

October 27th - 88/5457 cases were from out of state.
October 26th - 52/4287.
October 25th - 159/6843.

Just about 2% of the cases are from out-of-state travelers. I would suppose resources need to be focused more inside the state than being deployed at borders.
Old 28th October 2020, 11:37   #482
UMe
BHPian

At least what we see from recent posts from people who travelled via KL border is that, the checking and screening is random and differs between border. No standard methord followed.
Given the situation, I would like to Skip the screening part and avoid any sort of rush. For that looks like I would have to reach at the border (koottupuzha) before 9 AM.
Old 28th October 2020, 17:17   #483
BHPian

I just returned after a short visit to Kottayam last week. I had the Short Visit Pass with me. Entered on 18th via Walayar. No checking at all anywhere.

While returning on 25th, i took the Kumily-Dindigul-Trichy-Chennai route. At Kumily check post, Police noted down the pass number and passenger details. There was a small line up of vehicles entering Kerala, people getting down to give pass details at the counter and proceed.
Old 28th October 2020, 19:39   #484
BHPian

After a long wait for 10 months, I could finally visit my home at Chennai on 25th Oct 2020, I’ll be in Chennai till this weekend and back to Bangalore on 1st Nov 2020. To be on the safer side I took TN entry e-pass (Auto approval once we click submit button) but I was in a dilemma whether to stick the e-pass on the windscreen or not but decided not to stick.

I was bit anxious as I approached the border check post after crossing Attibele toll gate, but much to my surprise none of the cars were stopped and it was a free pass through all the way till I reached home.

So, looks like TN e-pass is not being strictly enforced or monitored any more. However, we must follow all COVID precautions wherever we go.
glovins2004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 11:41   #485
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The State on Wednesday informed the Madras High Court that e-pass is only mandatory for those travelling to hill stations and international travellers entering the state. Other intrastate travellers do not require to e-register themselves.
Source - Tamil Nadu e-pass no longer needed for interstate travel, HC told

Good news. I hope they implement it soon at the checkposts.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 12:02   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Friend drove Bangalore Trivandrum yesterday. His update. Was not stopped anywhere.

Quote:
Sharing our journey experience to Trivandrum from Bangalore today since there was some discussion on this topic here yesterday.

24th October: Applied for the Kerala entry permit and the TN intransit epass on the respective online portals. Recieved the pass instantly that time itself.

We carried the print outs of the passes and the ID/address proof documents provided while applying for the pass

There was no checking anywhere at all today. We were expecting a check at:
- Hosur Zuzuwadi checkpost while entering TN from Bangalore
-some intermittent points on TN highways
-Exit checkpost (kaliyakkavilai check post) of TN before entering Trivandrum
-Entry checkpost (injivila check post )of Kerala while entering Trivandrum

Trucks were being checked at some places in the above mentioned areas, but we were not stopped.

We had a very smooth journey.
We were concerned about the Corona -ve Test report check on the borders but looks like that is more for when Sabarimala season kicks in a big way shortly.
Brother in law drove to Thrissur couple of days back. He was also not stopped.
Old 30th October 2020, 12:18   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
Thinking of a drive to Goa from Trivandrum in December. The usual routes are Kerala-Karnataka-Goa or Kerala-TN-Karnataka-Goa. Any information regarding the entry/exit passes for TN, Karnataka, Goa will be welcome.
No need of any passes if you're entering or exiting Karnataka and Goa.
avaneesh. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 09:21   #488
BHPian

Hi guys, as I understand from earlier posts, travel to AP from other states does not require any epass. What is the situation with Telangana? Planning to travel from Bangalore to Hyderabad and back in the coming weekend. Please help with epass requirement info of Telangana and AP, if any.
Old 31st October 2020, 09:39   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Please help with epass requirement info of Telangana and AP, if any.
Short answer but none at all. You can drive to Hyderabad and back by road without any epass or permission.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 09:54   #490
Senior - BHPian

Drove from Himachal Pradesh to Uttarakhand on 28th October 2020! No ePass was checked on the border, neither were we stopped or asked for Covid-19 Negative Reports.

As a precaution, we did register on the Dehradun Smart City website a few days before we were to travel, but just kept a PDF file in my email to show on the border if asked.
Old 31st October 2020, 19:49   #491
BHPian

I am looking to travel by car to Hyderabad from Karnataka (Udupi district) via AP (Anantpur) in the next week or so. Hence just wanted to confirm if there are any restrictions for entry/exit at Andhra Pradesh. Telangana never seemed to have any travel/quarantine restrictions in place. Got doubt about AP since I read about they not allowing inter-state buses between AP and Telangana.
Old 1st November 2020, 11:30   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gischethans View Post
I am looking to travel by car to Hyderabad from Karnataka (Udupi district) via AP (Anantpur) in the next week or so. Hence just wanted to confirm if there are any restrictions for entry/exit at Andhra Pradesh. Telangana never seemed to have any travel/quarantine restrictions in place. Got doubt about AP since I read about they not allowing inter-state buses between AP and Telangana.
Scroll this page a little up and you have the answer in post #489 .
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 12:18   #493
BHPian

Might do a Bengaluru-Goa-Mumbai-Ahmedabad-Bhopal-Hyderabad-Bengaluru in another week. What's the current epass situation between these states?
Old 1st November 2020, 22:47   #494
BHPian

TN is still insisting on ePass. Travelled from Chittoor to Chennai today and was asked to present the ePass while entering TN at Serkadu checkpost. People with out ePass where asked to apply pass online immediately and enter.
Old 2nd November 2020, 15:21   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
TN is still insisting on ePass. Travelled from Chittoor to Chennai today and was asked to present the ePass while entering TN at Serkadu checkpost. People with out ePass where asked to apply pass online immediately and enter.
It seems the ePass requirement varies from entry point to entry point. At Walayar, there's been no checking. It's been a freeway all through at Walayar (while returning) or entry at Zuzuvadi.

I also heard that the health inspectors checking on people entering is dependent entirely on the district health administration's interest. In some places no one bothers and in other areas there is a daily check.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks