Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2020, 11:06   #541
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Hello guys,

I plan to drive from Mumbai to Kanha (MP) on the 14th evening. Checking back once again with this group if anyone has any updates from the last week or 2 on the following:

1. Covid checks at the state borders while entering MP from MH (onward) or entering MH from MP (Return)?

2. I searched on the net for any recent announcements from the MP government for tourists on the requirement of e-passes / Covid negative certificates and could not find any such requirement. Could anyone, who may have travelled recently or even resident within MP, confirm this?

3. In the earlier post, someone pointed out that some cities (Indore, Ujjain, Bhopal etc.) impose night curfews. While I won't be touching any of these cities, (I plan to take the Mum -> Nasik -> Dhule -> Betul -> Chhindwara -> Kanha route).. I would be entering MP in the early hours (3-4 am).. Should I expect any trouble?

4. Any other precautions to be taken?

TIA.
Old 11th December 2020, 07:53   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.sub82 View Post
Checking back once again with this group if anyone has any updates from the last week or 2
Just did UP-MP-MH-TS-AP-KA this Sat/Sun

Quote:
1. Covid checks at the state borders while entering MP from MH (onward) or entering MH from MP (Return)?
No checks were done anywhere

Quote:
2. I searched on the net for any recent announcements from the MP government for tourists on the requirement of e-passes / Covid negative certificates and could not find any such requirement. Could anyone, who may have travelled recently or even resident within MP, confirm this?
Not sure if hotels or national parks may require, but while passing through MP this was not asked for

Quote:
3. In the earlier post, someone pointed out that some cities (Indore, Ujjain, Bhopal etc.) impose night curfews. While I won't be touching any of these cities, (I plan to take the Mum -> Nasik -> Dhule -> Betul -> Chhindwara -> Kanha route).. I would be entering MP in the early hours (3-4 am).. Should I expect any trouble?
Highways are not covered in curfews; plan to use bypass wherever available just to be on the safe side

Quote:
4. Any other precautions to be taken?
Do ensure all vehicle documents including PUC are up to date and you have proper identification documents for all travellers. If anyone wants to hassle you, typically the vehicle PUC and insurance are the first things they will try.
NowNew7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 21:45   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
Just did UP-MP-MH-TS-AP-KA this Sat/Sun

No checks were done anywhere

Not sure if hotels or national parks may require, but while passing through MP this was not asked for

Thank you NowNew7.. looking forward to the drive tomorrow, will post an update shortly
Old 14th December 2020, 17:48   #544
BHPian

I'm planning for a short two day visit to kerala ( varkala and kovalam ) from Kanyakumari.

Are these places open to public similar to pre covid times ??

Understand quarantine is not required for short visits, please confirm if e passes are provided for tourism
Old 14th December 2020, 17:58   #545
ike
BHPian

I'm planning to drive to Mysore from Thrissur and planning to take the longer and scenic Thrissur - Kotagiri - Ooty - Nanjangund - Mysore. Are transit travelers being allowed into the Nilgiris? I heard that the administration is very strict when it comes to epass in the Nilgiris. I do have a transit pass but no routes specified, only the entry and exit points. Does that mean that I'm free to take the route I want?
Old 17th December 2020, 09:20   #546
BHPian

I am planning to a family trip, starting this weekend till 1st week of Jan which involves travelling through the following route.

Mumbai -> Nathdwara -> Jodhpur -> Jesalmer -> Nadiad -> Mumbai

Courtesy Covid 19 Restrictions, I believe there will be curfew post 8 PM so night driving is out.

Do we require Covid 19- PCR test before entering Gujrat / Rajasthan.
Is there any other restriction that I need to factor
Old 17th December 2020, 12:29   #547
BHPian

Question regarding TN epass. Firstly is it still required to get an epass?

When I apply for epass it does not show all the district. I am travelling to Madurai and Rameshwaram but there is no option in the drop down for districts in these two destination.

Should I just select the nearest districts and get an epass.

Also there seems to be no way to get epass for a period of time. Does it mean you get an epass everyday ?
Old 17th December 2020, 12:53   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeravnaik View Post
Question regarding TN epass. Firstly is it still required to get an epass?

When I apply for epass it does not show all the district. I am travelling to Madurai and Rameshwaram but there is no option in the drop down for districts in these two destination.

Should I just select the nearest districts and get an epass.

Also there seems to be no way to get epass for a period of time. Does it mean you get an epass everyday ?
Ok looks like epass needed only for hill stations. So I will probably take my chances as I am not travelling to any of hill station.
Old 18th December 2020, 18:03   #549
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Just did Hyd->Hampi and back. No restrictions anywhere. Cops asked for all documents at two places while returning.
Old 20th December 2020, 16:09   #550
Distinguished - BHPian

Friend needs to travel urgently by air from Bangalore to Kolkata. Does anyone know if there are restrictions / test requirements to go to Kolkata by air ?

TIA
Old 20th December 2020, 17:58   #551
BHPian

The airline would be the best to advise the passenger on this.

For instance, please see https://www.goindigo.in/information/...gulations.html for Indigo Airlines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Friend needs to travel urgently by air from Bangalore to Kolkata. Does anyone know if there are restrictions / test requirements to go to Kolkata by air ?

TIA
ccnarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 11:16   #552
Senior - BHPian

Do you need undergo a swab test if you are traveling to Tamilnadu hill stations and staying for more than 24 hours. We are planning to travel to a place near Gudallur and heard this from few people.
Old 21st December 2020, 12:21   #553
kdp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeravnaik View Post
Ok looks like epass needed only for hill stations. So I will probably take my chances as I am not travelling to any of hill station.
Hi. I am assuming you have already traveled. Did you face any issues at all? We are doing a run to Pondy tomorrow so just wanted to be sure.

Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 12:22   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp View Post
Hi. I am assuming you have already traveled. Did you face any issues at all? We are doing a run to Pondy tomorrow so just wanted to be sure.

Thanks
I am yet to travel but many people have confirmed that except for few hill stations there are no restrictions
neeravnaik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 13:10   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Do you need undergo a swab test if you are traveling to Tamilnadu hill stations and staying for more than 24 hours. We are planning to travel to a place near Gudallur and heard this from few people.
Last weekend (13-Dec-2020) I did travel to Mysore. The route taken was Kottayam-Thrissur-Nilambur-Vazhikadavu-Gudalur-Bandipur-Mysore. We were stopped at Tamilnadu border for pass. As we did not have one, took additional 10 minutes to take one. There is a tea shop near the border where they have the facility (computer and person) and is done for a fee. As it was dead of the night and was very difficult to enter the details using mobile, we used this service. Just the basic questions like where you are going,reason etc, but you need Aadhar card of the driver.
While returning from Mysore, no issues while entering back to Kerala.
kozhissery is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed