Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2020, 01:31   #571
Senior - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post
Hello All,

I intend to drive from Bangalore (KA) to Kolkata (WB) in January & return after 3 weeks. En-route my I plan is to halt (1 night each) at Vijayawada (AP) & Gopalpur (Odisha).

Are there any requirements for e-passes at any of these states?
No. I did Chennai to Kolkata in August. Did not need any passes then too.
Old 27th December 2020, 23:54   #572
BHPian

Hello Guys.

I am planning a trip from Trivandrum to Chennai, which is to be done by train. I have a few doubts for this -
1. Do I need to produce a negative COVID - 19 test certificate?
2. How many days can I stay in Tamil Nadu?
3. Do I need to go to quarantine if I enter into Tamil Nadu.

This is my first Interstate travel during the time of COVID - 19 and since each state has it's own restrictions, it will be helpful to know what all I must keep in mind while travelling to Tamil Nadu.

Thanks in Advance for the help.
Old 21st January 2021, 09:32   #573
Team-BHP Support

I have an Indigo flight from Chennai to Ahmedabad tomorrow evening. I was trying to do the web check-in and while selecting seats, not a single seat is available free of cost! But we can opt for auto-assign, Indigo would assign a seat and send the boarding pass 6 - 12 hours before the flight.

This is ridiculous. They’re trying to loot gullible folks. What if all the passengers opt for auto-assign seat then?
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 10:11   #574
BHPian

It may be ok for single travelers who don't care about the seat, particularly in short haul flights. For those traveling as a family / group may find it inconvenient if they are auto-assigned seats all over the aircraft and they would opt for paid assignment of adjacent seats. So the scenario of all passengers opting for auto-assign wouldn't arise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I have an Indigo flight from Chennai to Ahmedabad tomorrow evening. I was trying to do the web check-in and while selecting seats, not a single seat is available free of cost! But we can opt for auto-assign, Indigo would assign a seat and send the boarding pass 6 - 12 hours before the flight.

This is ridiculous. They’re trying to loot gullible folks. What if all the passengers opt for auto-assign seat then?
Old 21st January 2021, 10:25   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueMonster View Post
Hello Guys.

I am planning a trip from Trivandrum to Chennai, which is to be done by train. I have a few doubts for this -
1. Do I need to produce a negative COVID - 19 test certificate?
2. How many days can I stay in Tamil Nadu?
3. Do I need to go to quarantine if I enter into Tamil Nadu.

This is my first Interstate travel during the time of COVID - 19 and since each state has it's own restrictions, it will be helpful to know what all I must keep in mind while travelling to Tamil Nadu.

Thanks in Advance for the help.
There is no restriction or checking if you travel by road. So, I am assuming that it will be same for train travel as well. There is an option to take e-pass though. (https://eregister.tnega.org/)
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 10:52   #576
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But we can opt for auto-assign, Indigo would assign a seat and send the boarding pass 6 - 12 hours before the flight.
Welcome to the free market - as DGCA deregulates air travel more and more, India will head down the USA route where everything is chargeable.

Frankly, most families will end up buying the needed seats. But for single travellers it is of no consequence. This is because, even Indigo will not normally auto-assign a middle seat UNLESS all window or aisle seats are exhausted. They also stand to gain from saving on the PPE cost for the middle seat passenger.

I'd suggest reaching early with an auto-assigned seat and try and change at the counter if it is really ghastly.

Last edited by itwasntme : 21st January 2021 at 11:04.
Old 21st January 2021, 13:20   #577
Distinguished - BHPian

Just flew from Mumbai to Chennai a few days ago via Indigo.
- Face shields and masks were offered to all passengers
- Air hostesses only pushed for masks to be worn (a similar flight last month they were asking everyone to put on shields and gowns before entering the flight)
- No PPE gown offered for middle seat passengers (in spite of flight being almost fully booked)
- No checking of e-pass at Chennai airport exit

Quote:
But we can opt for auto-assign, Indigo would assign a seat and send the boarding pass 6 - 12 hours before the flight.

Don't do the web check-in till a few hours before the flight (~3-4 hours). You'll get the pick of the lot wrt auto-assignment. We did that over 4 recent flights across different airlines, including Indigo.
Old 24th January 2021, 10:01   #578
BHPian

I will be driving from Mumbai to Gujarat for a few days next month. Are there any restrictions/requirements on the Maharashtra side, when coming back to Mumbai?
Old 28th January 2021, 17:39   #579
BHPian

Hey guys,

Flying out to DELHI (from Mumbai) tomorrow on Vistara, and returning back on 4th Feb via Indigo.

Wanted to check if anyone who may have flown in from Delhi to Mumbai, what are the checks like in Mumbai upon arrival from Delhi?

Is an RT-PCR mandatory still for you to carry flying in from Delhi?

Any specific experiences / hacks with Vistara and Indigo that may be useful for me ??
Old 4th February 2021, 21:46   #580
BHPian

My travails with getting a travel permit:

Have to travel to Palakkad this Saturday and I'd tried to get the Short Visit pass from the Kerala Website. Initially after entering the details it said the SMS with the link for the permit would be sent. Never received any. Tried a couple more times, same result. A drop-down box saying that the SMS with link has been sent would be displayed but the final SMS never came.

As a last resort tried with the wife's number. And surprise, the last message with the link came and I was able to print out the permit. TLDR; If you do not receive the final message, try from another number. I do not know if they would check it, but thought it would be prudent to carry it.

Last edited by ampere : 4th February 2021 at 21:58. Reason: formatted
Old 4th February 2021, 23:31   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernang View Post
Never received any. Tried a couple more times, same result. A drop-down box saying that the SMS with link has been sent would be displayed but the final SMS never came.
There isn't any need of a pass or permit. The system is probably abandoned and that is the reason it is behaving that way.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 10:19   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
There isn't any need of a pass or permit. The system is probably abandoned and that is the reason it is behaving that way.
You are correct, but as I would be travelling with a 4 member family did not want to get stuck in bureaucratic redtape with anybody in law enforcement. I'm precautious by nature.
Old 8th February 2021, 10:49   #583
Senior - BHPian

Any route suggestions for Delhi-Jaipur amidst covid/farmer's protest? Planning something for 3rd week of Feb.
Old 24th February 2021, 20:05   #584
BHPian

I drove down from Mumbai to Bangalore today. We (4 adults and 2 kids (11 & 3)) had our negative RT-PCR tests with us.

At the border, we routed onto a separate lane with a few tents, with nurses and cops waiting there. The cops was a couple of the reports and asked if we had reports for all the passengers. On us affirming it, he waved us on.

There were no other checks till Hubli (where we are taking an overnight break).
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 22:14   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
I drove down from Mumbai to Bangalore today. We (4 adults and 2 kids (11 & 3)) had our negative RT-PCR tests with us.

At the border, we routed onto a separate lane with a few tents, with nurses and cops waiting there. The cops was a couple of the reports and asked if we had reports for all the passengers. On us affirming it, he waved us on.

There were no other checks till Hubli (where we are taking an overnight break).
Would you have any idea about Blr to mumbai. I suppose coming in from Karnataka to Maharashtra doesn't require a negative covid report?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks