Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2021, 10:08   #661
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Anyone travelled to Gujarat after the lockdown announcement in Maharashtra?

We are planning to drive to Junagadh this weekend from Mumbai.
Did you manage to figure this out? I'm planning to drive to Anand from Pune and I'm getting mixed inputs on the restrictions. I think the test certificate is mandatory.
Old 11th April 2021, 23:51   #662
BHPian

Just completed Blr -> Hyd -> Ngp -> Jabalpur -> Sagar -> Jhansi -> Gwalior -> Agra -> Gzb.

The only place where I was stopped and asked about my whereabouts was while entering the MP border @ Pench. Nothing was asked anywhere else.

As for the route, Blr -> Adilabad is very very good. The roads are very good and lit with reflectors all the way. While entering Maharashtra, there are some small patches but then the roads are good. I bypassed Nagpur and due to lock down the roads were empty.

Roads in MP were also in good shape for 95% of the part. But entering UP was a massacre. There is no highway discipline and every crossing you just hope that nothing bad happens. Then Morena in MP all the way up to Agra was bad.

I covered Blr -> Hyd on day 1.
Hyd -> Jabalpur on day 2.
Jabalpur -> Gzb on day 3.

Stays:
Fairfield by Marriott in Hyderabad. Nothing exotic. Good basic rooms with budget pricing.
Hotel Royal Orbit Fern in Jabalpur. Awesome property. Newly built. Very good staff.
ankitsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 00:36   #663
BHPian

Anyone travelled from Delhi to Jaipur recently and was stopped for rt-pcr checks? I heard there are checks at Shahjanpura ?

Also any update on farmers protest road blocks would be helpful? I might take the delhi- bhiwadi - alwar - dausa - jaipur route to avoid road blocks due to ongoing farmers protest.
Old 12th April 2021, 04:12   #664
BHPian

Hi
Has any one travelled to Bangalore from Tamil Nadu last couple of days. Is a PCR test required to travel from TN to Blore.
Thanks
Rangy62 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 07:36   #665
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the question Rangy. I’m reading mixed responses elsewhere and would love to hear from fellow BHP’ians on entry back into Karnataka. I need to be visiting TN soon and not sure what the protocol is for re-entry into Bangalore.
Old 12th April 2021, 07:55   #666
BHPian

I went from Bangalore to Vellore yesterday (11th April) and came back the same night. No checking at border both ways (Attibele). Just like it was in January or February. Took TN epass which was not checked anywhere.
Reached KA border around 9pm and home around 9.55pm just before night curfew kicked in.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 08:35   #667
Team-BHP Support

Returned to Chennai from Palakkad by train today morn. Got down at Avadi. No checking of any sort on both the stations. I did make the respective passes though.
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 11:09   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangy62 View Post
Hi
Has any one travelled to Bangalore from Tamil Nadu last couple of days. Is a PCR test required to travel from TN to Blore.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Thanks for the question Rangy. I’m reading mixed responses elsewhere and would love to hear from fellow BHP’ians on entry back into Karnataka. I need to be visiting TN soon and not sure what the protocol is for re-entry into Bangalore.
I drove from Coimbatore to Bangalore yesterday and there was no checking anywhere. Karnataka doesnt mandate an e-pass or an RT-PCR for TN returnees and there wasnt any checking at Attibele, in fact the toll plaza was empty and there was just 1-2 cars in each lane.

I did see some checking on the other side though, i.e cars headed to TN. Not sure if they are checking e-pass. As far as I know, TN has exempted KA, Pondy and I think Telengana for e-passes
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 11:59   #669
BHPian

Has anyone traveled back to Bangalore from Ooty in the last few days? Was rtpcr report required to cross the border? We reached Ooty over the weekend and only TN e-pass was required. I am hearing conflicting reports regarding RTPCR report being required and all. Any info regarding this would be really helpful.
Old 12th April 2021, 12:04   #670
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshtn View Post
Has anyone traveled back to Bangalore from Ooty in the last few days? Was rtpcr report required to cross the border? We reached Ooty over the weekend and only TN e-pass was required. I am hearing conflicting reports regarding RTPCR report being required and all. Any info regarding this would be really helpful.
To the best of our knowledge, RTPCR reports not needed from TN. Its mandated only for Kerala, Maharashtra. Not sure of the Bandipur-Mudulalai border. There is no checking via Attibele.

In the worst case, you will have to take the round about route via Krishnagiri.
Old 12th April 2021, 12:31   #671

Recently completed Himachal, UP, Punjab trip from 26th March to 10th April.
Pune - Delhi - Agra/Fatehpur - Delhi - Chandigarh - Himachal - Amritsar - Chandigarh - Delhi - Pune.
It was mix of flight and road travel.
I had RT PCR negative from Pune to Delhi and to Chandigarh (onward journey by flight), but no one checked. While returning I was asked for one at Pune airport although I was allowed to go when I mentioned that Delhi was a connecting flight and I have started from Chandigarh and Himachal.
Old 12th April 2021, 23:18   #672
BHPian

Travelled from Bengaluru to Kolkata, was asked to produce RT-PCR certificate at check in counter. No fuss/checking after landing in Kolkata.
Old 12th April 2021, 23:40   #673
BHPian

Recently travelled to Punjab from Kerala and returned after 2 weeks. Took a flight from kochi to Chandigarh via chennai with a layover of about two hours. No RTPCR reports were needed for transit passengers like us. Basic thermal screening only was done at chennai. At Chandigarh even thermal scanning was not there and we could just walk out. No quarantine also.
Return flight was a direct flight to kochi from Chandigarh. Again at Chandigarh nothing more than temperature checking was done. After landing at kochi, they asked for the E pass number, noted down our names and contact numbers. Irrespective of vaccination status, all travellers were requested to remain in quarantine for 7 days and to do testing on 8th day.
Old 13th April 2021, 01:36   #674

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Just completed Blr -> Hyd -> Ngp -> Jabalpur -> Sagar -> Jhansi -> Gwalior -> Agra -> Gzb.
Hey I am also planning for to travel from Hyd -> Nagpur -> Jabalpur by road. Can you please share which route you took from nagpur to jabalpur and how was the road? How much time does it take from Hyd to jabalpur? More details about this stretch is welcome.
Old 13th April 2021, 10:07   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangy62 View Post
Hi
Thanks
Drove from Chennai to Bangalore on 7-Apr and returned on 10-Apr, both directions Chithoor route. As on date PCR test is not required to travel between TN and KA. Tried taking an ePass. Wasn't able to figure out how to get a KA pass. Took only the TN pass. However, there wasn't any checking, whatsoever.

Most Viewed