Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2021, 15:19   #676
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
Anyone travelled from Delhi to Jaipur recently and was stopped for rt-pcr checks? I heard there are checks at Shahjanpura ?

Also any update on farmers protest road blocks would be helpful? I might take the delhi- bhiwadi - alwar - dausa - jaipur route to avoid road blocks due to ongoing farmers protest.
Did Panchkula - Panipat - Western Peripheral Expressway to bypass delhi & gurgaon - Bhiwadi - Alwar - Dausa - Jaipur. No tolls till Panipat, due to Farmer protest all toll gates are un manned. Also from Gurugram I took the bhiwadi - alwar - dausa route to reach jaipur which had no road blocks due to protest and no Covid checking surprisingly.

The route is approx 560 kms and I was able to do that in 8.5 hrs due to empty highways. I would suggest delhi to Jaipur via alwar - dausa anyday to avoid delays due to protest blockades.
sixthsense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 18:35   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOperator View Post
Hey I am also planning for to travel from Hyd -> Nagpur -> Jabalpur by road. Can you please share which route you took from nagpur to jabalpur and how was the road? How much time does it take from Hyd to jabalpur? More details about this stretch is welcome.
I took NH-44 mostly. I did not enter Nagpur city at all due to the lock-down. While entering Nagpur from NH-44 I took a right at Jamtha @ NH53 and then through Kapsi & Lihigaon on NH247 , joined NH44 again @ Tekadi. I have pasted the map below for more clarity.

Entered MP through Pench and kept on NH44. Did not enter Seoni also. Later I took NH-34 at Lakhnadon for Jabalpur. I did not enter Jabalpur as well due to it being into lock-down. I was staying at Royal Fern Orbit in Narayanpur on the outskirts of Jabalpur.

Road Condition and timings:

Hyd -> Adilabad: Very good and smooth. Took 3.5 hours. No break. Stopped at a restaurant in Adilabad for lunch.

Adilabad -> Nagpur: Smooth roads. There is a bad patch near the MH border before and after the toll gates. Rest is all good with occasional narrow roads in between. Took 2 hours.

Nagpur -> Seoni (MP): Smooth roads again. Took about 2.25 hours.

Seoni -> Jabalpur (My Hotel): Smooth roads for most of the part. There is a ghat section for about 5-6 Kms but it has got wide roads. Took 1.5 hours.

I did not stop anywhere in MH or MP apart from the 5 minutes break for having coffee that I was already carrying.
Roads are good for most of the part. I started from Hyderabad (Near ORR), Fairfield Marriott @ 9:30 AM and reached my Hotel in Jabalpur around 8 PM.

Total distance is about 820 KMs and very well doable in a single day. I was blessed with lock-downs during my stretch in MH and MP.

Also there is no proper eatery before Jabalpur and I would not recommend stopping in MH. So you only have the option to bulk up in TS itself and pack something for your lunch, if traveling during the day. Also be wary of vehicles coming from the opposite side on the same lane & people jumping in suddenly on the road inside MP.

If you can, fuel up in MH itself. Prices are lower than MP there.

P.S. I would advise crossing the Pench National Park area during daytime for some good scenic views.
Attached Thumbnails
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-screenshot-20210413-6.33.45-pm.png  

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-screenshot-20210413-6.34.34-pm.png  

ankitsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 09:19   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone faced the problem of delayed PCR test impeding future flight travel? It's been over 48 hours and the test results are not yet out. We got to know that there's a severe backlog of tests to be processed and hence delay.
Old 14th April 2021, 12:08   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Has anyone faced the problem of delayed PCR test impeding future flight travel? It's been over 48 hours and the test results are not yet out. We got to know that there's a severe backlog of tests to be processed and hence delay.
In Thane, labs have stopped testing to clear the backlogs, few labs says 32-48 hours. Yday few labs were closed.

Was planning to go Belguam, Karnataka from Thane, due to the new government rules the trip got postponed, may be next month will travel.
Old 15th April 2021, 05:58   #680
Senior - BHPian

We are currently travelling to Kerala from Maharashtra. At the MH-KA border were asked for a negative RTPCR test report. Those who didn’t have, were sent back.
Attached Thumbnails
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-561f323ad36f4198b4664484ec69aadb.jpeg  

rakesh_r is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 14:54   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout View Post
Drove from Chennai to Bangalore on 7-Apr and returned on 10-Apr, both directions Chithoor route. As on date PCR test is not required to travel between TN and KA. Tried taking an ePass. Wasn't able to figure out how to get a KA pass. Took only the TN pass. However, there wasn't any checking, whatsoever.
A friend plans to travel from Bangalore to Tamil Nadu tomorrow, with the intention of returning to Bangalore the same day or in 1/2 days. What are the latest Covid-related travel requirements?

- RTPCR test needed to enter TN? To re-enter KA after that?

- What about ePass? Needed both ways? Application procedure?

Her travel is tomorrow, so a quick reply would help.
Old 15th April 2021, 15:13   #682
Distinguished - BHPian

We flew from Bombay to Mangalore yesterday. Had procured RT PCR reports in advance. No checks prior to boarding. All passengers arriving from Mumbai / Maharashtra were being checked for PCR test reports at the arrival gate. If one didn't have them, they were asked to head towards a closed off section where they were doing PCR tests.
Old 15th April 2021, 15:58   #683

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
A friend plans to travel from Bangalore to Tamil Nadu tomorrow, with the intention of returning to Bangalore the same day or in 1/2 days. What are the latest Covid-related travel requirements?

Her travel is tomorrow, so a quick reply would help.
I just travelled to Chennai over the weekend and returned back day before yesterday. To enter TN epass is required, took that online, but there was no checking on the way. You can apply for the epass here - https://eregister.tnega.org/#/user/pass

To enter Karnataka from TN, nothing was required and was no stopping/checking on return as well.

I used the Chittoor route too both ways!
Old 15th April 2021, 16:16   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post

No for both questions in this case.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 16:18   #685
BHPian

Hi Guyz,

We have an upcoming Gujrat road trip in May. Since the announcement of the restrictions in Maharashtra till April 30 we are anticipating that the same may be carried forward in May as well just incase the COVID numbers do not fall. Our plan was to leave on Sunday (9th May) and halt at Rajkot on day 1. I have the below queries. Would be glad if you guyz can shed some light.
1) Being a Sunday (9th May)and with the weekend lockdown in force, will it be a safe bet to travel without being stopped.
2) Since a lot of labs have stopped doing the RT - PCR tests to clear the backlog, will the antigen test or the vaccination certificate hold any good? I shall be travelling with Senior citizens who have taken the jabs.
3) What sort of checking is being done at the MH - GJ border? Are the authorities verifying the report in any manner or are they just going by what has been printed in the report.

Look forward to your replies and thanks in advance.
Old 15th April 2021, 16:57   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshtn View Post
Has anyone traveled back to Bangalore from Ooty in the last few days? Was rtpcr report required to cross the border? We reached Ooty over the weekend and only TN e-pass was required. I am hearing conflicting reports regarding RTPCR report being required and all. Any info regarding this would be really helpful.
Quoting myself, even though we heard conflicting reports of RTPCR report being required to crossthe checkpost, we decided to take our chance as we were not sure about getting a test done from Ooty. At the Karnataka checkpost, we were asked for a negative RTPCR certificate. After talking to the officer for a few minutes, they let us go, saying you need to have one the next time you cross.

They specifically asked if we had crossed into Kerala, and we answered in the negative.
Old 15th April 2021, 17:14   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshtn View Post
At the Karnataka checkpost, we were asked for a negative RTPCR certificate. After talking to the officer for a few minutes, they let us go, saying you need to have one the next time you cross.
Which check post is this? Bandipur?

The rules doesn't say about RTPCR needed for TN to KA, so wondering why are they asking for it still?
Old 15th April 2021, 20:24   #688
BHPian

Slightly OT, but the main reason for the delay in RT-PCR report is that the center is controlling the reports.
While I was planning for my Blr -> Gzb trip, I called up few of the labs in Bangalore to inquire about the RT-PCR report. In one of the labs, the lady told me that the reason for delay (which might be more than 48 hrs also) is that they have to first upload the test results to ICMR web portal and then have to wait for their approval for releasing the reports, even when the reports are negative.
Everything is being controlled through ICMR and they are reporting high/low numbers based on their logic.
Old 16th April 2021, 14:02   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Which check post is this? Bandipur?

The rules doesn't say about RTPCR needed for TN to KA, so wondering why are they asking for it still?
There is no Government rule mandating RTPCR certificate, I am assuming they let us go after few minutes because of that. They probably were just trying to scare us I guess. The name of the check post is Kakkanallah and this is the one we need to cross while going to Ooty from the Mysore side.

Last edited by aneeshtn : 16th April 2021 at 14:04.
Old 16th April 2021, 15:25   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
We flew from Bombay to Mangalore yesterday. Had procured RT PCR reports in advance. No checks prior to boarding. All passengers arriving from Mumbai / Maharashtra were being checked for PCR test reports at the arrival gate. If one didn't have them, they were asked to head towards a closed off section where they were doing PCR tests.
Any idea for Bombay to Bangalore? It is very long wait to get RT PCR in Bombay these days. Can we get it at airport after landing in Bangalore ( i know it is a 8 hour wait at airport to get it perhaps ? )

Most Viewed