Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2021, 10:19   #721
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quick update on Kerala entry -

Entered Kerala from TN via Injivila checkpost. Only asked for e-pass and some basic details like phone number, purpose of visit also nobody asked anything regarding RTPCR results. There was no crowd and did not have to get down from the vehicle.

Btw, Fyi the RTPCR test price has been reduced in KL from Rs 1700 to Rs 500
kochup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 20:03   #722
BHPian

Are there any restrictions on travel by private vehicle between the districts within Karnataka with lockdown in force?
Old 4th May 2021, 17:17   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Are there any restrictions on travel by private vehicle between the districts within Karnataka with lockdown in force?
Between districts? In my case, I can't get beyond the Udupi garden signal, which is close to my house. There is a police batallion who check all the vehicles. You need to have a pass or a very good reason to be able to drive in your car. I have seen the police stoppiong all the two and four wheelers, except delivery vehicles.
Old 5th May 2021, 11:17   #724
BHPian

Hi guys.. me and the family drove down to Goa in the 1st week of April from Mumbai.

Got sealed here due to the lockdown. Hopefully the Maharashtra lockdown does not get extended beyond 15th may.

In case that does happen just wanted to understand my options to drive back home to Mumbai. Is it possible to do so? I know we may need to do a test to travel. However, I don’t want to be in a situation where we keep getting caught along the way and god forbid asked to turn back.

Any views welcome please thanks.
F1-Addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 11:47   #725
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1-Addict View Post
In case that does happen just wanted to understand my options to drive back home to Mumbai. Is it possible to do so? I know we may need to do a test to travel.
Don't want to alarm you unnecessarily, but there is an increased demand from all quarters for the Goa government to impose a lockdown, so that is always a possibility. What the conditions of that lockdown may be is anyone's guess. Plus, the possibility of a national lockdown is also being thrown around. Anyone's guess what will happen. So if you really need to get back to Mumbai, you may need to get tests done, carry the negative certificate and head out.

Hopefully people who have actually traveled to Mumbai recently can comment on this thread with actual experiences, that will be of more help to you. But I think with a negative test report and the fact that you are trying to get home, it should be possible. Good luck friend, I know what this sort of situation is like with so many factors to consider and things changing everyday. Hope you get back home soon and safe.

Last edited by am1m : 5th May 2021 at 11:48.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 10:11   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
Between districts? In my case, I can't get beyond the Udupi garden signal, which is close to my house. There is a police batallion who check all the vehicles. You need to have a pass or a very good reason to be able to drive in your car. I have seen the police stoppiong all the two and four wheelers, except delivery vehicles.
I am stuck in North Canara and want to travel back to Bangalore (especially with the chances of the lockdown getting extended). I have been trying get a pass but not been successful so far. Someone told me that there are no passes this time and if you have a good reason, you can still travel. But I don't want to take a chance as I don't have any 'emergency' reason. I would like to know if someone has managed to cross districts within Karnataka in their personal vehicle.
Old 7th May 2021, 10:20   #727
BHPian

Does anyone know if RT-PCR tests is required for entering Bangalore from AP by road? Need to travel to Bangalore urgently from Hyderabad. Are they insisting on RT-PCR tests at state borders of AP/Karnataka?
Old 7th May 2021, 10:54   #728
BHPian

I am also desperately waiting for the above answer. I am stuck here in Kolkata and want to drive back to Bangalore. Not sure if I could do that (with a rtpcr report).
Old 7th May 2021, 13:37   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Does anyone know if RT-PCR tests is required for entering Bangalore from AP by road? Need to travel to Bangalore urgently from Hyderabad. Are they insisting on RT-PCR tests at state borders of AP/Karnataka?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
I am also desperately waiting for the above answer. I am stuck here in Kolkata and want to drive back to Bangalore. Not sure if I could do that (with a rtpcr report).
RTPCR Negative report is needed as of today.

But you need to get back within the next two days. The possibility of a strict and complete lockdown is being seriously discussed. The same might begin from Monday (10th May); no interdistrict or interstate movement will be allowed then on.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 14:41   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I would like to know if someone has managed to cross districts within Karnataka in their personal vehicle.
I know couple of people who have traveled and they have said that there were multiple stoppages, mostly at major towns and intersection and you need to explain the reason for travel. They will let you go only if it sounds emergency and probably a proof as well. Plus writing a declaration. A couple of them had flights to catch and hence were able to pass through.

If there is no emergency reason, then why to travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
RTPCR Negative report is needed as of today.
Are you sure about that? KA never mandated RTPCR result except except for Kerala and Maharashtra travelers coming in.
balenoed_ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 14:58   #731
Senior - BHPian

The Indian Council of Medical Research has suggested removing the need for healthy travellers to get a COVID test done for interstate travel. The advisory has been issued to reduce the work load on laboratories pan India.

Meanwhile, some states still mandate an e-pass where lockdown restrictions have been imposed.

https://www.carandbike.com/news/no-n...visory-2436929
Old 7th May 2021, 22:26   #732
Senior - BHPian

I came to know that the inter district travel in Karnataka in private vehicles are not being scrutinized much, even though the private vehicles (except for certain categories) didn't have permission as per the published guidelines. In couple of cases within the known circles, they could cross the districts without being stopped. Since there will be a far stricter lockdown from May 10th, Saturday and Sunday may still give an opportunity for people who are stranded to travel within the state.
Old 8th May 2021, 20:01   #733
Senior - BHPian

Expecting a full fledged lockdown in KA & TN, yesterday i went from Bangalore to Kumbakonam in TN and returned from TN to Bangalore today.

On 7th may 2021 afternoon, it was with great difficulty and diversion, we can leave bangalore city with so many checks. There was no checks in Attibelle/Zuzuvadi border.
Post that, the roads are almost empty and absolutely no shops excepts for Medical shop and Petrol bunks. Majority is truck traffic , and negligible buses with few private cars.
There are no restaurants open even for parcel/take away service, so those who are planning to travel for any emergency, please pack food and go.

Today 8th may 2021 morning , started at 4.30 am and reached Bangalore city by 10.30 am due to lockdown time restrictions.
Given that both KA & TN announced full fledged lockdown last night and this morning respectively, there were stringent checks in both directions in Attibelle border near to arch. TN entry was very much restricted and many vehicles were asked to return back and not allowed to enter. KA entry was not that much hassle, as they checked each and every vehicle and few vehicles were asked to park aside. Mostly they check for Masks, number of people in the vehicles and any suspicious person/activities.

Inside Bangalore city also, there were strict checks in Madiwala near to Silk board flyover and that piled up huge traffic jam as the checks are done for every single vehicle. All roads are blocked/diverted and all bridges/flyovers are closed including BETL.

-Ravi
ravib is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 12:53   #734
SBR
BHPian

Started today with Wifey and Kids from Bangalore @ 5:00 am (Cooke Town) and reached Chikmagalur by 10:00 am.

Lot of diversions within city but no checks anywhere despite presence of cops in few places within city limits.

From yeswanthpur, traffic looked like a Mini Exodus of sorts - mostly private cars with full luggage and two wheelers with luggage and families.

In the stretch from Neelamangala to Hassan - it appeared like ORR traffic with road full of two wheelers, autos and mini trucks filled with luggage and families and comparatively fewer four wheelers. At many intersections, cops were seen removing the barricades to allow the traffic to clear.

Barricades were seen mostly between district borders and entrances / exit points of major towns. Even though cops were present in most of check points, checking wasn't done.

Looks like today authorities were expecting people to travel within state considering the long lockdown coming up.
Old 10th May 2021, 18:28   #735

I drove from GOA to BOMBAY yesterday - 9th May, 2021. With one co-passenger. We both had an RT-PCR negative report. Getting tested at home in Goa is a bit of a challenge. We were told there are not enough test kits available. After a lot of networking, we were able to get the test done. Test samples from Goa are all sent to Bombay for testing so the turn-around time for results are quite erratic. We had done a test two weeks ago as we were exposed to someone who was positive. That report took 5 days to arrive!!! This time thankfully the report arrived in two days. Which gave us just enough time to leave the next day. It was negative so we decided to take the chance and head out.

The first RTO check point at the Goa-Maharashtra border was stopping all vehicles. I had the report on my phone but they didn't look at it. I only had to mention that I have it. (Which seems quite negligent on their part.) They our details - Name, number, coming from, going to, type of covid test done (RT-PCR/RAT), vehicle no. That's all. They did not ask why I was travelling. They were conducting Rapid Antigen Tests on the spot there for others who were not carrying a report.

The next check point was after Sawantwadi. This time they looked at the report on my phone. Took the same details (name, no. etc.) and let us go.

After that there were multiple check points (around 6 to 8 more) all the way till Bombay. It seemed they were stopping only cars. Trucks were passing through without being stopped. They would ask where I was coming from and where I was heading to. They all were accepting the RT-PCR test and allowing me to proceed without any issues.

At one place I was asked if I had an e-pass. I did not. They gave me the website from where I could get the e-pass (https://covid19.mhpolice.in/). But the negative RT-PCR test seemed enough for them to allow me to go on.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited by bblost : 10th May 2021 at 22:45. Reason: removed font tags.
blitzkrieg is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks