Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2021, 11:52   #1051
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

folks,

Is RT PCR test mandatory for children below 10 years while travelling from Kerala to bangalore?
I plan to travel with my family from Kochi to bangalore on 31st July .
Myself and wife have 1st dose of COVID vaccine certificate.
Old 28th July 2021, 15:20   #1052
BHPian

Update on BLR-Delhi (Gurgaon) Travel

Finished the trip yesterday

Route: BLR -> Hyderabad -> Nagpur -> Seoni -> Sagar -> Jhansi -> Gwalior -> Mathura -> KMP Peripheral Road -> Gurgaon

RT-PCR checking was only done in Maharashtra at Telanghana-Maharashtra border; although, the cop barely looked at it - it could very well have been any printout. The cop took a better look at RC and License and actually matched the car registration number.

Most of the highway till Sagar had largely excellent road surface and was basically deserted except for few trucks and I was confused if I missed from lock down or travel restriction advisory. Route after Sagar is a different matter though. People elsewhere on this forum weren't kidding about cattle on road and lack of road sense among jaywalkers and bikers. Watch out for grumpy and bored cows looking for some adventure on the road.

Also, look out for alloy wheel shattering pot holes before Nagpur.

Total Distance: 2160kms
Approx Fuel Consumption: 17.3kmpl (Hyundai Tucson GLS 4WD)
Night Stay: 1. Hyderabad 2. Nagpur 3. Jhansi

In retrospect, Hyderabad-Gurgaon could have been a two day affair by planning a stay in Sagar.

Happy to take questions, if any, about this route.

PS: Hyderabad to Sagar is absolutely stunning in this weather

Last edited by needmorebhp : 28th July 2021 at 15:22.
needmorebhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 21:03   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post
Route: BLR -> Hyderabad -> Nagpur -> Seoni -> Sagar -> Jhansi -> Gwalior -> Mathura -> KMP Peripheral Road -> Gurgaon
Is the Nagpur to Sagar new 4 lane section via Lakhnadon open now? Or the diversion via Chinddwara -Narsinghpur is still required?

On our 4 trips via the section during COVID times, we were allowed into the the then under construction road once and it was pretty good offroading experience in patches and that too in the middle of night!

If it's complete then it's pretty much 4 lane NH44 right from Bengaluru to Jhansi and beyond...
Old 28th July 2021, 21:19   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
Is the Nagpur to Sagar new 4 lane section via Lakhnadon open now? Or the diversion via Chinddwara -Narsinghpur is still required?

My route was Nagpur-Kamptee-Seoni-Chhapara-Lakhnadon-Narsinghpur-Kareli-Deori-Sagar. No offroading was involved, so I am assuming the route, which you had found under construction, is open now and it was all 4 lane and 6 lanes in curves in ghat section.

Last edited by needmorebhp : 28th July 2021 at 21:21. Reason: Missed some info
needmorebhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 17:35   #1055
BHPian

Unsure of whether this query was answered

I need to travel to Chennai from Bangalore on the 1st of August 2021, however the date selector in the TN epass website only allows for selection till 31st July and there is no option to select a day in August. Anyone facing this issue?

Last edited by silvercloud : 30th July 2021 at 17:37.
Old 30th July 2021, 17:39   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercloud View Post
I need to travel to Chennai from Bangalore on the 1st of August 2021, however the date selector in the TN epass website only allows for selection till 31st July and there is no option to select a day in August. Anyone facing this issue?
This is because the ongoing lock down in TN is till Jul'31st, hence they enabled the dates only till then. If the lock down extends, they will open up. Have seen this happening earlier too. Check again tomorrow, it will open up if they decide to extend the need of e-pass to visit TN.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 01:27   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post

RT-PCR checking was only done in Maharashtra at Telanghana-Maharashtra border; although, the cop barely looked at it - it could very well have been any printout. The cop took a better look at RC and License and actually matched the car registration number.
Hi, is a RT-PCR mandatory ? I thought they stopped checking for it.

Also if we are completely vaccinated is a RT-PCR still mandatory ? I will be traveling during the last week of August. Day 1 Hyderabad, Day 2 Sagar and Day 3 Delhi. I have been seeing a lot of videos of YouTubers riding to HP and Ladakh lately but no mention of this checking anywhere. Kindly clarify.

Open question to all reading this post, do you know which states still require an E-Pass now ?
Old 31st July 2021, 14:08   #1058
BHPian

The latest guidelines from Karnataka (dated 31/07/2021) make RT-PCR compulsory for all travellers from Maharashtra & Kerala
Attached Thumbnails
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-whatsapp-image-20210731-13.55.31.jpeg  

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-whatsapp-image-20210731-13.55.32.jpeg  

Aiel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 23:31   #1059
BHPian

Did anyone try the Bangalore-Mulbagal-Chittoor-Vellore-Chennai route. Since we need to cross AP to reach TN, I just wanted to check if there are any checks, especially for KA registered vehicles.
Likewise, when we reverse the route back to Chennai - Chittoor-Mulbagal-Bangalore are there any checks please.
Old 2nd August 2021, 00:42   #1060
kdp
BHPian

Hi. Could anyone give an update on Gujarat entry via road. The website still says RT-PCR is mandatory, but is there a relaxation for vaccinated travelers?

Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 13:50   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp View Post
...anyone give an update on Gujarat entry via road...
Refer my below post about two weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
... There were no Covid checks at GJ/MH or GJ/DD borders, however, hotels and some restaurants in DD were asking for Vaccination/RTPCR proofs (for kids too)...
Hth,
-BJ
Old 2nd August 2021, 16:05   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2vm View Post
Did anyone try the Bangalore-Mulbagal-Chittoor-Vellore-Chennai route. Since we need to cross AP to reach TN, I just wanted to check if there are any checks, especially for KA registered vehicles.
Likewise, when we reverse the route back to Chennai - Chittoor-Mulbagal-Bangalore are there any checks please.
No checks in both the ways. (At AP entry post Nangli toll, they check for alcohol and regular security checks and not related to covid/ePass).
But remember, things are slowly getting worse and TN is tightening up checks.

-Ravi
ravib is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 21:44   #1063
BHPian

Is Epass mandatory to travel through TN as per the latest regulations ? Can anybody please confirm ?
Old 4th August 2021, 08:32   #1064
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Is Epass mandatory to travel through TN as per the latest regulations ? Can anybody please confirm ?
Yes, you need Epass to travel through TN and RTPCR or fully vaccinated certificate if you cross from Walayar. This is as per the news report.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 09:08   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Yes, you need Epass to travel through TN and RTPCR or fully vaccinated certificate if you cross from Walayar. This is as per the news report.
Thanks. Any news on if RTPCR is required between Karnataka and Tamilnadu. I have a travel planned this weekend. I got epass but there is ambiguity on RTPCR.

I dont want to get stuck in TN.

Most Viewed