Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2021, 19:30   #1126
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

This whole "show me double vaccine certificate" , "show me negative RT-PCR" is just a sham, for various state govts to build an image - see we are in control, we are doing everything within our power, to stop the 'import' of covid from other states. The fact that the same covid can get imported through trains, public transport, transport vehicles transporting goods in and out etc is not considered. So there is no 'logical' meaning to this sham of activity, other than to bolster the pockets of thousands of "medical labs" (who are paying huge bribes, to get them 'accredited' as authorized covid test centers).
This RT-PCR business is yet another way to swindle money from an already economically suffering public.
venkyhere is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 19:08   #1127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
I traveled from Hyderabad to Gurgaon over the weekend. Starting on Saturday morning from Hyderabad and reaching Gurgaon on Sunday afternoon, with a halt at Sagar. I took the following route: Hyd - Nagpur - Pench - Sagar - Jhansi - Gwalior - Agra - Gurgaon. I was stopped only once by a cop in Nagpur who asked me for the car papers. Nobody asked me for the RTPCR test, though I was carrying the RTPCR negative report for me and my family. I had the vaccination report also with me in the bunch of paper I had prepared.

Nowhere I was stopped or asked for any paperwork related to Covid-19 restrictions.
Hi Saikat, very useful post for me. I drove to Uttarakhand with family in March, got stuck here for last 6-7 months due to covid. I have to return to BLR immediately and cannot leave my beautiful Pajero anywhere, so have to drive. Your post reassured me that it is doable.

How is the road condition?

Are hotels relatively less crowded?

Both wife and I are fully vaccinated. We want to keep the kids as safe as possible. Any tips from anyone will be appreciated.

If I get unlucky and cops ask for RT-PCR, do I have to wait at wherever spot they stop me until test results come?
Old 25th August 2021, 19:17   #1128
Senior - BHPian

ON 23rd August, Monday, I crossed the KL-TN border at walayar to reach coimbatore. We were travelling in two cars. I was in a KL registered car. I was asked to show rt-pcr, which we did and was asked to proceed. My wife's family was in a TN car and was asked to get down to write some details down, which my FIL did. Here, I did not notice a pattern on who was asked to stop and write and who was asked to proceed. I was ready to write as I was in a KL car.

I returned to KL via walayar on 24th Monday. Kerala side asked for rt-pcr again. All vehicles were asked to show rt-pcr. I enquired and it was confirmed by the officer that proof of second vaccination is good, instead of showing rt-pcr for the KL police.
Old 26th August 2021, 00:07   #1129

Planning a long road trip from Pune to Ladakh from 10th September. I know it's hard to predict what will be scenario at that time but wanted to know about RT-PCR requirements, the route will be Pune-Mumbai-Vadodara-Udaipur-Jaipur-Delhi-Patnitop-Srinagar-Leh.

Taking Halts at Udaipur, Delhi, Patnitop and Sonmarg or Srinagar before reaching Leh.

I will be crossing several states, From what i could find on internet, Gujrat doesn't have RT-PCR mandate as of now, Rajasthan can accept RT-PCR or 1st Vaccine dose report, so does Punjab. What i am unaware is about Haryana which i will be briefly crossing through while going to Delhi via Jaipur and from Delhi to Patnitop via Ambala. And Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh UT rules for.

Also if there are no older than 72 hours requirements for Reports, which places you can suggest to get an RT-PCR done from my halts? Are there any recommended labs that provide faster results for people needing it for travel purposes in Udaipur or Delhi?
Old 26th August 2021, 05:27   #1130
Team-BHP Support

^^
If you are vaccinated, just the certificate will be enough. If not, the way things currently are, no one is looking at anything. Beyond major cities, I don’t think anyone is even wearing masks.
Old 26th August 2021, 09:31   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSDey View Post
If I get unlucky and cops ask for RT-PCR, do I have to wait at wherever spot they stop me until test results come?
Would be better to get the RT-PCR done before starting the travel and carrying the reports with you. Seems this may be required only for members without 2 vaccinations, as those who are vaccinated can show the certificate instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
All vehicles were asked to show rt-pcr. I enquired and it was confirmed by the officer that proof of second vaccination is good, instead of showing rt-pcr for the KL police.
Assuming the RT-PCR would then be required only for <18 Years unvaccinated members?

Last edited by NowNew7 : 26th August 2021 at 09:32.
Old 26th August 2021, 10:17   #1132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
If not, the way things currently are, no one is looking at anything. Beyond major cities, I don’t think anyone is even wearing masks.
Yes people are wearing masks in cities, but also lowering them, putting them up, wearing them properly in the open air where there is minimal risk and removing them indoors to eat in restaurants where there is max risk.

Not pointing this out to mask shame, I do the same things. But it's high time people realize that all these 'rituals' are not doing anything scientifically to control covid, just being done as a matter of routine.

[Before someone jumps on me, I'm not disputing that masking helps control virus spread, that is scientifically proven, what I'm saying is the way the compliance is in reality, does not make it effective.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
This whole "show me double vaccine certificate" , "show me negative RT-PCR" is just a sham, for various state govts to build an image - see we are in control, we are doing everything within our power, to stop the 'import' of covid from other states. The fact that the same covid can get imported through trains, public transport, transport vehicles transporting goods in and out etc is not considered.
Absolutely! How does it make sense to double check or restrict only a small cross-section of people coming from x state, y district when trains and flights are running everyday and hundreds and thousands are anyway mingling and going everywhere. And even in that small cross-section there are dozens of exceptions, 'people with local address proof exempt', 'goods vehicles exempt', 'x category exempt'. Last week I took a couple of train journeys. No one was wearing or enforcing masks on the train or at the station. Funny, but there were trains arriving without any checks from several states, but car passengers are being checked when they come from the same states! Like the virus checks address proof before deciding to spread or it spreads only by road and not rail! Completely illogical. And unfortunately lots of people support these unscientific regulations and measures without thinking rationally. Doesn't do anything to control the virus and plays right in to the hands of those who want to make money out of it or exert some petty authority over others!

Last edited by am1m : 26th August 2021 at 10:29.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 10:46   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSDey View Post

How is the road condition?

Are hotels relatively less crowded?

Both wife and I are fully vaccinated. We want to keep the kids as safe as possible. Any tips from anyone will be appreciated.

You may require to carry negative RTPCR test results or fully vaccinated Certificate as the case may be and as per the guidelines issued by the various State govt. The RTPCR test results are valid for 72 hours only from the date & time of Sample collection mentioned in your report. Though I was carrying these reports, I was not stopped or checked anywhere in the various state borders that I had crossed en route. It actually Murphy's Law that acts, if you have it, you wont be stopped. If you aren't carrying one, you will be asked for the same at all the checkpoints.

If you are planning your drive, plan it with lesser breaks/stops so as to minimise your exposure. Carry ample amount of food with you and plan your stoppages at less crowded places. Carry enough sanitisers/disinfectants to be used in your stoppage points/hotels and use them liberally everywhere. We even carried our own bed linens/throws/pillow cases. The hotels are a little less crowded, but as someone rightly said, the smaller the place, the covid protocols are blatantly ignored and not followed at all. So in the end it burns down to your own rules that you would want to follow.

Edit: Road Conditions are pretty good. While coming from Hyderabad, till Sagar it was very less of private vehicles. Sagar onwards the road condition was mediocre with lots of cattles/cows/horse/buffaloes on the roads and small potholes through the stretch. Gwalior onwards till Delhi, there are large number of 2 wheelers on the road as well as other cabs and pvt vehicles too. All in all it took me 10 hours to cover the stretch from Sagar to Gurgaon (650 km) and 12 hours to cover 890 km (Hyderabad to Sagar)

Last edited by saikatmandal04 : 26th August 2021 at 10:52.
Old 26th August 2021, 11:05   #1134
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone have any update regarding Lansdowne?
I will be travelling from Noida, does UK have any covid travelling requirements?
I have the Epass, and one vaccination done.
Old 27th August 2021, 09:53   #1135
BHPian

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/85610347.cms

As per sources- 7 Days quarantine for those entering from Kerala. How is this going to be implemented? We did not have anything similar even during the peak of 2nd wave!

Last edited by xotiq : 27th August 2021 at 09:55.
Old 27th August 2021, 11:52   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Yes people are wearing masks in cities, but also lowering them, putting them up, wearing them properly in the open air where there is minimal risk and removing them indoors to eat in restaurants where there is max risk.
No different from our regard to other laws and regulations, even if they are for our own safety, like use of seatbelts and wearing helmets. They are adhered to only when there is a risk of fine or punishment, totally defeating the purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
'people with local address proof exempt', 'goods vehicles exempt', 'x category exempt'.
To the best of my information, the virus was not really respectful of all the exemptions! Really dangerous state of affairs.

The best course of action is for us to adhere to all guidelines and continue to be super conservative and strict with mask usage and social distancing, especially while travelling. It's the precautions which would help us, not token adherence to the (not regularly implemented) regulations...
NowNew7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 15:30   #1137
BHPian

Can anyone help me out with travel restrictions in place to travel from Bangalore to Ooty/Kodaikanal and back to Bangalore over the weekend
Old 29th August 2021, 16:56   #1138

I am contemplating a road trip from Hyderabad to Purnia (Bihar) in the next 1-2 weeks. In the look out for a driver to support me during this 1800+ Km trip, else may have to go solo. I have following questions for my fellow BHPians :

Since I will be crossing many states (presumably on highways all the time), does any of below state have mandatory RTPCR as requirement? My trip would most likely go as follows – Telangana-Maharashtra-MP /(Chhatisgarh?)-Uttar Pradesh-Bihar.

I am fully vaccinated; would I be exempted from getting RTPCR if I am able to show the certificate?

Anyone who has travelled in this route recently, could you please share your travel experience ?
Old 29th August 2021, 17:23   #1139
BHPian

Road travel within the state of Maharashtra (Mumbai to Nagpur) - will it require rtpcr report? If yes, does it need to be 72 hours or a week old report will also work

Thanks in advance
Old 1st September 2021, 09:39   #1140

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

I am contemplating a trip from Kottayam/Coimbatore to Ramnagar (uttarakhand) with my wife in the last week of September on our diesel SCross 2017.
We are vaccinated and at 60 and 55, are fairly reasonable drivers, but have not gone for long drives( 500+per day) in the past 5 years. The plan is to start from Coimbatore on 25th or 26th morning to reach ramnagar by 29th evening.
The proposed route is Kottayam- Coimbatore-Hosur-Devanahalli- Hyderabad- Nagpur- Sagar-Gwalior-Agra-Moradabad- Ramnagar.
With farmers agitation on 25th and restrictions on entry restrictions for people and vehicles belonging to KL into Karnataka, we were thinking of avoiding Karnataka and traveling via Vellore to join the route at Kurnool. In another thread, I have read that the roads from Nagpur to Gwalior is pretty damaged recently.
Esteemed members may please give their valuable inputs and suggestions on route, stay, food and any other issue which may be of help in our travel.
Our vehicle is of Oct'17, 56k, and serviced by Nexa only.

Most Viewed