Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2021, 13:16   #1171
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Is night curfew imposed in Tamil Nadu for driving within the state? (Travelling from Chennai to Hosur)
Appreciate any info on this.
Old 21st September 2021, 16:10   #1172
BHPian

My mother-in-law is traveling from Kerala to Hosur to visit some relatives. I am also planning to drive to Hosur (from Bangalore) to bring her to Bangalore (KA registered car). Both of us have completed 2 doses of vaccination.

Is an RTPCR or epass needed for either of us?
Old 21st September 2021, 16:57   #1173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
My mother-in-law is traveling from Kerala to Hosur to visit some relatives. I am also planning to drive to Hosur (from Bangalore) to bring her to Bangalore (KA registered car). Both of us have completed 2 doses of vaccination.

As per my knowledge, it would be needed for your Mother-In-Law. Not for you though.
Old 21st September 2021, 17:25   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
As per my knowledge, it would be needed for your Mother-In-Law. Not for you though.
Is this for entering KA or TN? She is not directly entering Karnataka from Kerala. Is there any requirement for people traveling from Tamil Nadu to Bangalore to get RTPCR?

Also, do I need epass for entering Tamil Nadu?
Old 21st September 2021, 17:31   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras View Post
Is night curfew imposed in Tamil Nadu for driving within the state? (Travelling from Chennai to Hosur)
Appreciate any info on this.
No night restrictions.

Quote:
RT-PCR for your mother-in-law for KL->TN. No restrictions for you for KA <-> TN
Old 21st September 2021, 17:31   #1176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

For entering TN from KL double vaccination is enough, if not RTPCR.

If you both present yourselves as domicile of Bangalore it should not be an issue. But for safety/health sake it is good to have a RTPCR done, especially with travel these days. And it is just couple of hundred bucks.

I would have taken atleast 10-12 tests in 2021, I would not want to be a silent carrier and put an elderly or children at risk knowingly, and it is best to atleast do this check. Doubly needed since I am double vaccinated and can be asymptomatic.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st September 2021 at 17:33.
Old 23rd September 2021, 10:31   #1177
BHPian

planning to travel from Bangalore to Coimbatore. Is Epass or RTPCR required if one already has the vaccination certificate ? I plan to travel with my son who is 17yrs old. Is there anything required for kids below 18yrs. ?
Old 23rd September 2021, 10:52   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
planning to travel from Bangalore to Coimbatore. Is Epass or RTPCR required if one already has the vaccination certificate ? I plan to travel with my son who is 17yrs old. Is there anything required for kids below 18yrs. ?
Not 100% sure. When I entered Karnataka from Walayar, they insisted on having a double vaccination certificate or RTPCR result. They did not ask a certificate for my 9 year old. A E-Pass most likely will be required but there was no checking at all near the border of KA-TN when I left 9 days ago and also when I returned to Bangalore

Last edited by sudeepg : 23rd September 2021 at 10:54.
Old 23rd September 2021, 15:20   #1179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
planning to travel from Bangalore to Coimbatore.
Practically no checks, however to be on safer side, do carry the Epass with you.
RTPCR is not required for KA-TN-KA.
Old 23rd September 2021, 16:14   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Agree with sudeepg & mpksuhas.
I went from Bangalore to Coimbatore on 10th September. Took TN e-pass. We were 3 in the family (myself - vaccinated with 1st dose, wife - vaccinated with both doses & daughter below 18 - not vaccinated).
Nobody checked at border - neither TN epass nor vaccination certificate nor asked for RT-PCR negative certificate.
Hope this helps.
Old 23rd September 2021, 19:20   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
I have been traveling KA to TN and back atleast 5 times in the last 4 weeks with my 12 year old daughter as well. There aren't any checks in the border. I never carried any epass or RTPCR results. You can drive over and come back without any hassle.
Old 27th September 2021, 20:31   #1182

I travelled from Goa to Belgaum (Karnataka) last week with my family. Was stopped twice, while going into KA and return to GA by the respective authorities, where they asked for negative RT-PCR reports, but was let through when I showed double-jab proof for all members without any hassle. I plan to go to Bangalore soon so hopefully its similar.

Anyone know about travel restrictions from Goa to MH? Wanted to plan a Shirdi trip. Is the Sai Baba temple and nearby temples open?
Old 28th September 2021, 11:36   #1183
Senior - BHPian

My sister and family is planning to travel from Bangalore to Kerala by road through Walayar, while my sister and husband is double vaccinated, their daughter is a minor and is yet to be vaccinated. Do we need to RTPCR for her alone, or are they exempted
Old 28th September 2021, 11:39   #1184
BHPian

According to the circular which was published a few weeks ago, only children below 2 years are exempted (which means it is better to take RT-PCR for older children since there is no vaccination available for them at the moment).
ccnarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 16:04   #1185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccnarayanan View Post
According to the circular which was published a few weeks ago, only children below 2 years are exempted (which means it is better to take RT-PCR for older children since there is no vaccination available for them at the moment).
Thanks, that is very useful information, we will get RTPCR done for the little one

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks