Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2021, 07:14   #1231
Senior - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Latest guidelines published on yesterday provide clarity on mandatory RTPCR for those arriving from Maharashtra.

You don't need to provide Negative RTPCR is you are asymptomatic. This is certainly a relief from a stupid rule that existed since the last few months when both the states were reporting considerably lesser cases only.
]
Thanks Parag for sharing the notifications.

I need to be at Kolhapur this Friday and I’ll be driving back to Bangalore on Saturday. Just a one night stay at Maharashtra. Does this mean I need an RTPCR or I don’t need to worry about it in my return so long as I’m not showing any symptoms?

Also, while entering MH from KA on Friday, what should I be ready for? I just have a copy of my vaccination certificate.
Old 11th November 2021, 07:19   #1232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Thanks Parag for sharing the notifications.

I need to be at Kolhapur this Friday and I’ll be driving back to Bangalore on Saturday. Just a one night stay at Maharashtra. Does this mean I need an RTPCR or I don’t need to worry about it in my return so long as I’m not showing any symptoms?
Not required to carry any certificate.
Quote:
Also, while entering MH from KA on Friday, what should I be ready for? I just have a copy of my vaccination certificate.
Nothing at all.

In summary, the issue was always entering KA from MH and the need for RTPCR Negative. You for sure won't be stopped and the latest order provides some relief (and confusion).
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 08:22   #1233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I think this rule is ONLY for people entering 'Karnataka' from 'Maharastra'.
I believe I meant the same too:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Latest guidelines published on yesterday provide clarity on mandatory RTPCR for those arriving from Maharashtra.
Old 11th November 2021, 11:48   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I think this rule is ONLY for people entering 'Karnataka' from 'Maharastra'.

Airlines have made RT-PCR a pre-requisite for boarding flights headed towards 'Karnataka'. But thankfully, Mumbai administration has made RT-PCT testing a breeze and also quite inexpensive.

My sister who is flying into B'lore from Mumbai got the test done within 5 minutes for INR 10.
This is interesting as the price is just 10 rupees and just takes 5 mins. Is this RT PCR test or Antigen ? Also where in Mumbai we get the test done in just 10 rupees ?
Old 11th November 2021, 13:43   #1235
BHPian

Does anyone know if we need a negative RTPCR for flying to pune from bangalore, for fully vaccinated individuals?
Old 11th November 2021, 13:58   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNayak View Post
This is interesting as the price is just 10 rupees and just takes 5 mins. Is this RT PCR test or Antigen ? Also where in Mumbai we get the test done in just 10 rupees ?
I believe he meant it takes 5 mins to take the test. No way a RT PCR test result can come within 5 mins.

RT PCR tests are free in all BBMP centres in Bangalore. My wife got it done there when she needed to travel to Pune on work although it has been more than 2 months since she did. If positive you get the test result within 6-8 hrs but if negative it takes more time but definitely within 24 hrs.

Fairly amusing but given her Pune trip was a day trip, on the return flight when they check for RT PCR she actually showed the result of the test done in Bangalore only

No idea what purpose it served.
anandhsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 10:40   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNayak View Post
Is this RT PCR test or Antigen ? Also where in Mumbai we get the test done in just 10 rupees ?
It is RT-PCR test.

BMC Hospital, Station Road, Goregaon West.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
I believe he meant it takes 5 mins to take the test. No way a RT PCR test result can come within 5 mins.
Indeed. The sample collection hardly takes 5 minutes. The results are sent within 24 hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-20211113_103719.jpg  

JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 22:29   #1238
BHPian

Anybody traveled via Bagdogra airport with a kid recently? West Bengal govt. guidelines for those travelling into WB from other states is that anybody over and above 2 years of age either needs to be fully vaccinated or have a RTPCR in last 72 hours. I am traveling with my 4-year-old daughter towards Darjeeling in the coming days and feel it's unnecessary to put small kids through the test. How's the situation on the ground compared to what's being published by the government?
Old 14th November 2021, 22:40   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir View Post
...I am traveling with my 4-year-old daughter towards Darjeeling in the coming days and feel it's unnecessary to put small kids through the test...
Indians (as people worldwide) have gone through hell with COVID. You can very well get her tested as mandated by the State Govt, instead of openly asking about defying rules which are set-up to save lives.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 14th November 2021 at 22:41.
Old 15th November 2021, 09:38   #1240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir View Post
Anybody traveled via Bagdogra airport with a kid recently? West Bengal govt. guidelines for those travelling into WB from other states is that anybody over and above 2 years of age either needs to be fully vaccinated or have a RTPCR in last 72 hours. I am traveling with my 4-year-old daughter towards Darjeeling in the coming days and feel it's unnecessary to put small kids through the test. How's the situation on the ground compared to what's being published by the government?
While I cannot comment on the specific situation. Have travelled between Karnataka, Tamilnadu and Kerala a few times in the last couple of months. In general if a double dose vaccination certificate is sufficient as a criteria and parents have it, they do not ask for RTPCR for kids, especially smaller kids.

If RTPCR is called out as mandatory over and above double vaccination, then it needs to be done for kids also.

For example, to enter Tamilnadu from Kerala-Double dose vaccination was the criteria, if you have that, they do not ask for RTPCR for any accompanying kids. On the other hand to enter Karnataka from Kerala, RTPCR is mandatory and at least at some of the borders, they check it and expect it for all passengers.

The government has a set of guidelines but have also given the district administrators powers to impose additional restrictions and on top of that depends on the people on the ground and the point of entry/exit. Some road borders are very strict, some have no checks, trains and flights are pretty much inconsistent.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 15th November 2021 at 09:40.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 10:19   #1241
BHPian

I traveled from Maharashtra to Karnataka last Saturday.We started from Mumbai on Friday afternoon and reached Kolhapur in the evening. Then the next day I.e. Saturday we started from Kolhapur and entered Karnataka in the morning and we saw cops checking the vehicles in the border check post. I just said that I was going back to Karnataka after the temple visit in Kolhapur and they let us go without any further checking and did not ask any documents. Also I saw many vehicles were stopped and then they were let go after some questions. Never saw anyone showing any documents to cops at least to the cars in front of me. So the checks are still happening in Karnataka side but not that strict. Note I took the risk of not taking the tests and was ready to say that I was going back to Karnataka after the temple darshan in Kolhapur and somehow it worked for me. Also had my hotel bills in Kolhapur handy in case the cops would have asked and this is valid as per the recent orders

Last edited by SNayak : 15th November 2021 at 10:24. Reason: Spell correction
Old 15th November 2021, 12:16   #1242

Here is my experience of travelling into India followed by a couple of interstate travels during the last month or so.

Second week of October: Flew into Bangalore from South Africa, via Doha. Landed at 0200 and I had a separate connection to Kochi at 0600. To everyone’s surprise, all passengers had to take an RTPCR (@ INR 800) before proceeding to immigration and there was absolute chaos at the airport (that being a peak time for international arrivals), Auriga research’s teams were there to manage the situation, but the whole thing was a mess. You had to register at their website with a whole lot of information and they insisted on the Aadhaar number being provided for Indian nationals. The whole process took close to 2 hrs. and at one point I was concerned I would miss my domestic connection. None of the passengers had a clue that there will be a mandatory RTPCR on arrival which added to the frustration and some very angry passengers. Landed at Kochi the same day and the vaccination certificate and Air Suvidha registration sufficed for entry to Kerala.

Third week of October: Travelled by road to Bangalore via Walayar. Was asked for TN e-pass while entering Coimbatore. No checks thereafter. There were no signs of any entry checks as we crossed into Karnataka. Travelled to Goa, by air from Bangalore in the last week of October. Got an email from Spice Jet that all passengers (including children) need to have an RTPCR Test or a double vaccination certificate, to be allowed to board. The flight was at 0900 in the morning, and I got the mail the previous day evening. Upon checking with the Spice Jet call centre, the lady informed me the test is indeed required; but even a rapid antigen test would suffice. So rushed to Auriga research at the airport at night to get the test done for my children (my spouse and I are vaccinated). They took a nasal swab for our elder one (13 yrs.) and a throat swab for our 4-year-old. Strangely nothing was asked while checking in at Spice Jet. At the Goa airport, although, there was a person verifying the certificates, many were bypassing him. You can show a soft copy of the certificate/test result. No checking when we returned to Bangalore.

I was extremely put-off by the way Auriga research’s team handled the crowd when I first travelled into India. However, they do provide a 24-hour testing facility at a reasonable cost (INR 500 for RTPCR, INR 400 for antigen and INR 3,000 for Rapid PCR) and a couple of experiences later was more acceptable. The least painful way to get these done would be to book a slot through their website and make the payment online and turn up at their site just for sample collection.

In summary, I found the regulations changing frequently and reliable information was always hard to come by. I would avoid tight connections while flying these days, as there could always be a surprise delay waiting for you.
Unni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 18:18   #1243
Senior - BHPian

TN seems to have taken down the covid-19 check pot at Walayar. Earlier, the non commercial vehicles was funneled into a by road. Now that deviation is no longer there. This is on Nov 13. When returning on Nov 14 to KL from TN, the KL police asked me if I was double vaccinated. I was driving a KL registered car.
Old 23rd November 2021, 12:10   #1244
BHPian

COVID -ve test is mandatory if entering Srinagar by road using NH44 for all out state passengers. This applies even if you are fully vaccinated. Test is free of charge though and result is shared in couple of minutes.

Location- Qazigund. As soon as one comes out from Banihal-Qazigund tunnel, police will ask to stop and get the test done.

PS - No test while entering Jammu.
Old 25th November 2021, 20:41   #1245
BHPian

Hi All,

I'm flying back to Bangalore after a two week stay in Mumbai. Now the latest guideline is very ambiguous as it only mentions stay of "2 days or less". After a lot of Google search, I'm still not clear if I'm required to take an RT-PCR test.

Question to the group: has anyone taken a flight from Mumbai (or MH) to Bangalore in the last week or so? What was the requirement?

PS. I'm fully vaccinated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks