Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2021, 14:46   #1246
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Hi ! I plan to travel by road from Guwahati to Pelling, Sikkim with night halt in Chalsa (W. Bengal) during the onward and return journey. I will carry RTPCR reports for my kids done at Guwahati and the same will hold good when I enter W. Bengal and then Sikkim. When I am returning from Sikkim, will the same RTPCR report (more than 72 hours old) suffice at the border post between Sikkim and W. Bengal ?.
Members may please enlighten as I don't want to get into the hassle of getting RTPCR done on my kids somewhere in Sikkim (my son being autistic, it requires hell of an effort to carry out the test).
Old 27th November 2021, 21:06   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
Hi All,

I'm flying back to Bangalore after a two week stay in Mumbai. Now the latest guideline is very ambiguous as it only mentions stay of "2 days or less". After a lot of Google search, I'm still not clear if I'm required to take an RT-PCR test.

Question to the group: has anyone taken a flight from Mumbai (or MH) to Bangalore in the last week or so? What was the requirement?

PS. I'm fully vaccinated.
Update: YES, negative RT-PCR is mandatory for MH to KA travel. Travel date 27/Nov
GrandTourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 12:54   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Indians (as people worldwide) have gone through hell with COVID. You can very well get her tested as mandated by the State Govt, instead of openly asking about defying rules which are set-up to save lives.
Thanks for the reply and your worldly advice. I was confident of her results , but still did put her up through the misery of both oral and throat swabs prior to travelling. At the airport and the hotel though, there was no checking of kids test by the government. And my question was intended to ask for specific rules for domestic air passengers, whereas no such rules are being followed for road/rail passengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
. In general if a double dose vaccination certificate is sufficient as a criteria and parents have it, they do not ask for RTPCR for kids, especially smaller kids.

If RTPCR is called out as mandatory over and above double vaccination, then it needs to be done for kids also.
Thanks. I did get my daughter tested, but neither was it checked at T2 in Delhi or Bagdogra airport in WB. Even the 2 hotels which had published rules regarding check in did not ask for minor's RTPCR. The parents double vaccination worked and was checked. In retrospect though, and for other's benefit get the kids RTPCR done as we had peace of mind when we commenced the travel.

My travel dates were 17-21 Nov Delhi- Darjeeling - Delhi

Bagdogra Airport is like a Bus depot though, lacking in Infra and space

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th November 2021 at 14:11. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Old 1st December 2021, 23:47   #1249
Senior - BHPian

We are traveling to Vadodara by road this weekend and first pitstop is Pune on Saturday. Is an negative RTPCR certificate required to enter Maharashtra by road?

And the same question for Gujarat is it required entering from Maharashtra?

Can someone give a clear input of the latest guidelines from these states and a reliable source or website for both the states information.
Old 2nd December 2021, 08:50   #1250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
We are traveling to Vadodara by road this weekend and first pitstop is Pune on Saturday. Is an negative RTPCR certificate required to enter Maharashtra by road?

Can someone give a clear input of the latest guidelines from these states and a reliable source or website for both the states information.
To enter Maharashtra by road - No.
No enter Gujarat by road - No.

However, each day every state is introducing new rules so better to keep an eye on the developments.

This one is the latest but currently applicable if you are traveling by Air only

Maharashtra Makes RTPCR Test Compulsory For Domestic Travelers Due To New Omicron Variant

Quote:
– In the case of domestic air travel, passengers travelling within Maharashtra will either have to be fully vaccinated or compulsorily carry a RT-PCR test within 48 hours of the time of arrival
Quote:
– In case of passengers from other Indian states, negative RT-PCR test within 48 hours of arrival will be compulsory without exceptions.

Last edited by paragsachania : 2nd December 2021 at 09:06.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 10:31   #1251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
To enter Maharashtra by road - No.
No enter Gujarat by road - No.

However, each day every state is introducing new rules so better to keep an eye on the developments.

[/b][/url]
Thanks Parag that is my understanding too but would be good if anyone has recently travelled to Maharashtra from Karnataka by road.

Also there are many news articles which makes it a lot confusing and even the respective state websites are not clear hence check if there is any definitive source where the state wise updated regulations are available
Old 2nd December 2021, 12:14   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Parag that is my understanding too but would be good if anyone has recently travelled to Maharashtra from Karnataka by road.

Also there are many news articles which makes it a lot confusing and even the respective state websites are not clear hence check if there is any definitive source where the state wise updated regulations are available
I'm travelling to Mumbai on 5th from Bangalore, and there seems to be absolutely nothing available publicly on RT-PCR related requirements for folks driving into Maharashtra. I would assume that what holds good for air travel will apply for road travel also (nothing on KSRTC or MSRTC sites yet). Getting tested on 3rd as Maharashtra has reduced the gap for tests to 48 hrs from 72 hrs. Do not want to be caught by surprise at the border.

My two cents will be to get tested to be on safer side.
Wageabond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 12:43   #1253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wageabond View Post
I'm travelling to Mumbai on 5th from Bangalore, and there seems to be absolutely nothing available publicly on RT-PCR related requirements for folks driving into Maharashtra. I would assume that what holds good for air travel will apply for road travel also (nothing on KSRTC or MSRTC sites yet). Getting tested on 3rd as Maharashtra has reduced the gap for tests to 48 hrs from 72 hrs. Do not want to be caught by surprise at the border.

My two cents will be to get tested to be on safer side.
I called the KSRTC helpline number - 08026252625 and they confirmed for road border crossing from Karnataka to Maharashtra it would be either double dose vaccine certificate OR RTPCR negative report. Either one is OK.

For return to Karnataka RTPCR negative report is a must.

Last edited by girishglg : 2nd December 2021 at 12:46.
girishglg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 13:43   #1254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I called the KSRTC helpline number - 08026252625 and they confirmed for road border crossing from Karnataka to Maharashtra it would be either double dose vaccine certificate OR RTPCR negative report. Either one is OK.

For return to Karnataka RTPCR negative report is a must.
Girish, the fact that KSRTC helpline folks have confirmed either double dose or negative RTPCR is because they are a public transport operator. Most of the rules initially were aimed at those who travel by public transport and the associated risks of spread.

In fact, since I very regularly watch a lot of Bus related channels on YouTube, I know for a fact that the conductors, especially for an interstate journey ask for vaccination certificate before even looking at the e-ticket SMS or print-out and only then allow you to board the bus.

Unless someone who has recently travelled into MH confirms, I would still believe that to enter MH there is no need to produce a Covid negative certificate. I know a BHPian driving back into Karnataka tomorrow but we all know that to enter KA from MH, negative certificate is a must but what we still don't know is whether that is needed to enter into MH from KA.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 14:22   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Girish, the fact that KSRTC helpline folks have confirmed either double dose or negative RTPCR is because they are a public transport operator. Most of the rules initially were aimed at those who travel by public transport and the associated risks of spread.

In fact, since I very regularly watch a lot of Bus related channels on YouTube, I know for a fact that the conductors, especially for an interstate journey ask for vaccination certificate before even looking at the e-ticket SMS or print-out and only then allow you to board the bus.

Unless someone who has recently travelled into MH confirms, I would still believe that to enter MH there is no need to produce a Covid negative certificate. I know a BHPian driving back into Karnataka tomorrow but we all know that to enter KA from MH, negative certificate is a must but what we still don't know is whether that is needed to enter into MH from KA.
Sure I also now feel comfortably that double dose certificate is enough to enter MH so I would take that chance with just that. Will keep a watchout for any news around it and also please let know if you come to know of something and if by chance the BHPian can check at the MH border before crossing over.
girishglg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 14:57   #1256
Senior - BHPian

According to some news channels, seems MH govt. will issue revised travel guidelines in the next couple of days.

https://www.cnbctv18.com/healthcare/...s-11676432.htm
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 15:55   #1257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
According to some news channels, seems MH govt. will issue revised travel guidelines in the next couple of days.

https://www.cnbctv18.com/healthcare/...s-11676432.htm
But isn't this still referring to domestic travel by Air and nothing that says it is also applicable for road travel?

Quote:
For domestic travellers, either the passenger should be fully vaccinated or have a negative RT-PCR report for which the test is carried out within 72 hours before boarding the flight
Old 2nd December 2021, 16:13   #1258
BHPian

Quote:

Girish, there are no checkposts or security checks on either state borders. I just did an entire Mumbai to Gujarat & Kutch and back ride on my bike with my wife - no checks whatsoever.

Entering/exiting MAH - no checks.
Entering/exiting GUJ - no checks.

Double vaccination certificate is a good document to carry in case of hotel check-ins (if any). Have a safe trip!

Last edited by TheVaas : 2nd December 2021 at 16:14. Reason: Grammar check.
TheVaas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 16:33   #1259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But isn't this still referring to domestic travel by Air and nothing that says it is also applicable for road travel?
Yes, the guideline mentioned in that news is air travel specific, but we all know how these guidelines can be conveniently tweaked according to the whims and fancies of the "public servants", don't we? Unless the govt circular explicitly mentions that these rules are applicable only for air travel and not for road, I wouldn't be surprised if the cops ask for one even while entering MH.
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 19:33   #1260
Distinguished - BHPian

This is revised one for Maharashtra.

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-img20211202wa0021.jpg

Only mentions about Domestic Air Travel and nothing about travel by other means. Moreover, either negative RT-PCR or full vaccination is required to enter Maharashtra for domestic air travelers.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 2nd December 2021 at 19:35.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed