Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2014, 21:37   #1591
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Hi

I am currently at Rajanukunte on the Yelahanka to Doddaballapur Road and would be driving to Chennai on Wednesday.

Is there any alternate route I could take from here instead of going back to Hebbal -> Silk Board -> Hosur Road?

Is the Kolar route to Chennai near from here? Any pointers on route from Rajanukunte would be very helpful.

Thanks
From yelahanka you an come to hebbal then to K R Puram and NH4 all the way. This would be shorter
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 07:46   #1592
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi

I am currently at Rajanukunte on the Yelahanka to Doddaballapur Road and would be driving to Chennai on Wednesday.

Is there any alternate route I could take from here instead of going back to Hebbal -> Silk Board -> Hosur Road?
If you plan to start very early, then Hebbal/KR Puram/Kolar route would be the best.

Quote:
Is the Kolar route to Chennai near from here? Any pointers on route from Rajanukunte would be very helpful.
Yes it is good.

But if you plan to start late with traffic catching up, maybe then perhaps Devanahalli-Hoskote via NH207 would be a very good option to hit NH4. Also I see on Google that there is a easy cut through Doddaballpur road to NH7, which goes through Mahaveer Jain Inst. of Tech. How is this road? Worth taking? You may know it better.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 23:16   #1593
BHPian

Planning to drive from Bangalore to chennai on 23rd May, need to reach the Malaysian consulate in chennai (Teynampet) between 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM.

What is the best route to take. I'm leaving from silk board. I'm looking for the fastest route (best roads). Looking at the posts above, it seems that there is major road repair going on so i'm looking for current road condition. Any help is much appreciated
Old 12th May 2014, 23:58   #1594
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemlock View Post
Planning to drive from Bangalore to chennai on 23rd May, need to reach the Malaysian consulate in chennai (Teynampet) between 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM.

What is the best route to take. I'm leaving from silk board. I'm looking for the fastest route (best roads). Looking at the posts above, it seems that there is major road repair going on so i'm looking for current road condition. Any help is much appreciated
A 3:30 AM start would taken you Sriperumbudur by 7:30. Have a leisurely breakfast after Ranipet and drive towards Teynampet by 8:30/9.

I would say if you are up early take the regular road via Porur/Kathipara/Saidapet/Nandanam.
Old 13th May 2014, 11:49   #1595
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Hemlock, I would second Ampere on an early morning start. However my suggestion would be to stop for breakfast after you reach Chennai city. Since you are traveling on a weekday Sriperumbudur - Poonamalai route gets too crowded, also you may find it difficult to cross Poonamalai bus stand area. You can stop for breakfast once you cross Porur junction, with a 03.30 AM start from Silkboard you will reach Porur before 08.15 AM.
Old 13th May 2014, 11:55   #1596
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
^^ Hemlock, I would second Ampere on an early morning start. However my suggestion would be to stop for breakfast after you reach Chennai city. Since you are traveling on a weekday Sriperumbudur - Poonamalai route gets too crowded, also you may find it difficult to cross Poonamalai bus stand area. You can stop for breakfast once you cross Porur junction, with a 03.30 AM start from Silkboard you will reach Porur before 08.15 AM.
There is a Poonamallee bypass. Works like a charm.

Route Link

Thanks to member @luvurride for this.

And having Breakfast on the highway has another advantage. You can finish off fast and also you don't have to bother to find a parking.

Quote:
EDIT @suhas,

My mistake. This is the correct route link for the bypass

Route Link Corrected

Basically :
- Dont take the Poonamallee flyover. Go past on the NH4
- Go below the next flyover and arrive at Porur road junction.

Last edited by ampere : 13th May 2014 at 12:21.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 12:27   #1597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Basically :
- Dont take the Poonamallee flyover. Go past on the NH4
- Go below the next flyover and arrive at Porur road junction.
Thanks Ampere, I thought the other route mentioned by you earlier was recently developed. I used to take the route mentioned by you now to bye-pass Poonamalle and reach Vadapalani. However nowday's instead of that I to towards Koyambedu market and take the Ayyapa Nagar - Dasharathan colony route. I feel this is bit less congested and faster.

However regarding route for Hemlock, I guess since he will be reaching Poonamalai early it may be easier and less confusing to take the direct route to Porur.
Old 13th May 2014, 17:29   #1598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With a consulate appointment, I'd play it safe. Leave BLR like 6-7pm ish and enter close to midnight when it is a piece of cake entering the town even via the straightforward Porur Junction-Mount Road route. Stay somewhere nearby. Goto consulate (best is probably to take an auto). Return and head home. Malaysian consulate being off Cenotaph Road, might not be the best place hunting for parking with an appointment in hand. This would cost you an overnight stay, but would give you peace of mind considering a consulate appointment at hand.
Old 13th May 2014, 19:08   #1599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However regarding route for Hemlock, I guess since he will be reaching Poonamalai early it may be easier and less confusing to take the direct route to Porur.
I wouldn't wish a drive through Poonamallee on my worst enemy. The place is a major terminus for MTC and for buses to various satellite towns of Chennai. Basically utter chaos while buses of all make/model/luxury/size move around indiscriminately. Plus there is an open market on the roadside as well, if I am not mistaken.

I have been stuck in jams in Poonamallee at all times of the day - even at 11PM, 1AM, and 5AM. It is best avoided unless you have direct business there.
Old 13th May 2014, 21:41   #1600
BHPian

Quote:

If I were you, I would probably drive down the day before. This is not to jinx you but I would feel more comfortable reaching there overnight. Of course it depends how critical this appointment is and how easy is to get another one should you miss it in the worst case scenario. In any case, I believe Ampere's route is a good option for you.
Old 13th May 2014, 23:20   #1601
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys. I have a good idea about the route now. I'll update with my experience after the trip.
There is no appointment i just have to show up between 10:00 and 1:00. I'm driving to Pondicherry after that and staying there for two days. Worst case i'll drive back to chennai on sunday and make it to the consulate on Monday(Hopefully i'll make it on friday itself).
Old 14th May 2014, 11:28   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot guys. I have a good idea about the route now. I'll update with my experience after the trip.
There is no appointment i just have to show up between 10:00 and 1:00. I'm driving to Pondicherry after that and staying there for two days. Worst case i'll drive back to Chennai on sunday and make it to the consulate on Monday(Hopefully i'll make it on friday itself).
I had gone to the Malaysian Embassy in August last year. I left HSR at 3:30 AM and reached my office in Nungambakkam by 9. Porur Junction was a major bottleneck. I parked my car at office and took an auto to go to the embassy . When I reached the embassy, they were closing the gate. Luckily ,the guard saw me alighting from the auto with passport and documents in hand and just pulled me in before it was shut. . The embassy has a time slot to submit passports for visa stamping.

I would suggest you park your car somewhere. Perhaps park at Shoppers Stop/Hyatt and get an auto - its about 1 km from there. Getting a slot near Centoaph road might be quite challenging.
Old 21st May 2014, 16:35   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you plan to start very early, then Hebbal/KR Puram/Kolar route would be the best.

Yes it is good.

But if you plan to start late with traffic catching up, maybe then perhaps Devanahalli-Hoskote via NH207 would be a very good option to hit NH4. Also I see on Google that there is a easy cut through Doddaballpur road to NH7, which goes through Mahaveer Jain Inst. of Tech. How is this road? Worth taking? You may know it better.
I didn't try the route yet. I am planning to take the cut from Doddaballapur road which goes via Mahaveer Jain Ins. of Tech as mentioned by Ampere.

Saw the same on Google maps and plan to follow the route as shown. Will update on the same once I finish the journey.

Most probably would be driving down to Chennai tomorrow or next week.

To reach Velachery, should I take the Porur - Chennai trade centre - Kathipara - Guindy route or any other routes there with lesser traffic or shorter way?

Thanks!

Last edited by rajinibm : 21st May 2014 at 16:36. Reason: typo
Old 22nd May 2014, 00:57   #1604
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
To reach Velachery, should I take the Porur - Chennai trade centre - Kathipara - Guindy route or any other routes there with lesser traffic or shorter way?
ideal would be Sriperumbudur-Manimangalam-Tambaram-Pallavaram-Kamakshi Hospital-Velachery. Route Link

Not sure if you would be able to follow this route.
Old 24th May 2014, 16:32   #1605
BHPian

We are planning for a 1 day chennai visit (near Mylapore - Ramakrishna Math). We intend to reach Mylapore by 11:30 AM, so, is a 5 AM start from Bangalore (Basavanagudi) sufficient? Currently I want to take the Sriperembudur - Kathipara Junction - Mylapore route. Please suggest if this is suitable or should I try the Sriperembudur - Tambaram route for easier traffic (assuming we will be around Sriperembudur at around 10 AM and the city traffic peaking at that time)?

Regards

Samish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks