Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2015, 16:30   #1861
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
One thing I had noticed in all my drives in this route, all the bridges/elevated roads have certain amount of curves. Large signage is at the beginning of most of these places warning about over-speeding. While driving on this route is largely enjoyable I'd strongly urge fellow members to exercise restraint and be alert because of these curves on bridges/elevated roads and in several places there are roads from villages cutting right across NH! Safe driving Cheers
Very very true. And apart from village roads, many of these curved flyovers also go over electrified Chennai-BLR railway line too. Yes by and large its an enjoyable drive. Especially early morning around Krishnagiri-Ambur. But yes one needs to exercise caution.
Old 20th January 2015, 17:53   #1862
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone have update on Sarjapur bye-pass road work. Couple of months back it was dug up for some repair forcing you to take the town interior road to get on to NH 207, is it in same stage?
Old 21st January 2015, 13:00   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Does anyone have update on Sarjapur bye-pass road work. Couple of months back it was dug up for some repair forcing you to take the town interior road to get on to NH 207, is it in same stage?
It was open for traffic in December, but was not tarred. Hence I just took the narrow village road.
luvurride is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2015, 08:55   #1864
Distinguished - BHPian

Did Bangalore-Chennai yesterday. Started from Bellandur at 5.00 PM and took Sarjapur -Bagalur route. Road around Sarjapur is still closed and since drainage work is going on there we can not take it even with a small deal of off roading.
Hence had to take the byelane through town, apart from a very large pot hole at start of the town no issues. Also, when I was crossing (5.30PM) there was no much traffic. Reached Hosur at 5.50 and had took around 10 mins to cover last 200 meters or so due to traffic.

Further ahead there was queue at Krishnagiri toll booth which we crossed around 7.00 PM after a wait of around 10 mins.

Do note that left turn at Krishnagiri towards Chennai / Vellore is now bit tough to make out due to road work. There was a queue of vehicles reversing after missing out the turn.

Once that till Walajpet toll as usual was smooth sailing. Past which the agony starts. They have patched up few places,but then the patch work is bumpy as earlier. However couple of places they have relaid the road fully, may be around 500 meters. Rest till Chennai is bad as usual.
Felt truck traffic was bit less than usual, reached Vadapalani around 11.00 PM.
Old 24th January 2015, 19:37   #1865
Senior - BHPian

Was supposed to fly from bangalore to chennai y'day. Air India cancelled the 3:30 PM flight after making us wait for about two hours, then organized a bunch of innovas into which the passengers were loaded and driven to Chennai.

What happens if you start for chennai from the blr airport at 6:30 pm was inevitable. Hours clearing electronics city, whitefield etc till we reached hosur only around 11. Reached chennai around 2 AM.
Old 25th January 2015, 00:05   #1866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Was supposed to fly from bangalore to chennai y'day. Air India cancelled the 3:30 PM flight after making us wait for about two hours, then organized a bunch of innovas into which the passengers were loaded and driven to Chennai.

What happens if you start for chennai from the blr airport at 6:30 pm was inevitable. Hours clearing electronics city, whitefield etc till we reached hosur only around 11. Reached chennai around 2 AM.
Hosur to chennai in 3 hours
Was it a case of over speeding
Old 25th January 2015, 09:42   #1867
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Even my first reaction. I have seen old posts, I guess from around 2010 when members have reported covering Bangalore -Chennai in 3.5 hours. I guess that was possible due to lesser traffic those days and better roads as you near Chennai and also Bangalore.

Nowdays with bad roads around Hosur and also past Walajpet towads Chennai.
Old 25th January 2015, 10:48   #1868
BHPian

On my Thunderbird 350, I could cover Bangalore to Chennai in 6 hours excluding breaks . I did that just before 10 days. The average speed was 80 kmph.

By car I normally take 5 hours or so.

Both the above drives are in below route:

Blr-Krishnagiri-Vellore- Sriperumbudur-Chennai

Last edited by rki2007 : 25th January 2015 at 11:01.
Old 25th January 2015, 12:56   #1869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Did Bangalore-Chennai yesterday. Started from Bellandur at 5.00 PM and took Sarjapur -Bagalur route. Road around Sarjapur is still closed and since drainage work is going on there we can not take it even with a small deal of off roading.
Hence had to take the byelane through town, apart from a very large pot hole at start of the town no issues.
That's bad! Sarjapur bye-pass has been in this sorry state for years now! When the bye-pass is closed, I've seen trucks take a left turn just after the bus stand, not sure where it connects back.
Old 25th January 2015, 18:38   #1870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Hosur to chennai in 3 hours
Was it a case of over speeding
He certainly did push the envelope. And the accelerator too. Not to mention cutting past vehicles rather aggressively.

>> Nowdays with bad roads around Hosur and also past Walajpet towads Chennai.

Bad roads around hosur - they were decent enough, had been patched fairly recently.

Last edited by hserus : 25th January 2015 at 18:39.
Old 11th February 2015, 14:46   #1871
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am travelling to Bangalore this Friday from Chennai. I am going to Bangalore almost after 8 years now. The place I need to reach is Rajarajeshwari nagar. What is the best route to take ? From google maps the recommended route is via Vellore and Krishnagiri. also it shows that I can take the Nice road to reach Rajareshwari Nagar.

Need your advice on whether this is the best route and some key landmarks in terms of

1) getting into Nice road
2) Exiting Nice road at the right place to head to Rajarajeshwari Nagar

also I hear Bangalore traffic is crazy these days. I am planning to start from Chennai by 6am and expect to reach Bangalore by 12noon ( reasonable time ? ). Is this an off peak hour in Bangalore ?
Old 11th February 2015, 14:49   #1872
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post

NICE works much better for you. Drive till Kengeri (Mysore road exit) and drive back to Rajarajeshwari Nagar.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 15:02   #1873
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Need your advice on whether this is the best route and some key landmarks in terms of

To get onto NICE Road - after paying the toll at Attibele (Karnataka border after Hosur), keep straight, about 11Km later you will see the elevated toll to go towards the city, ignore that and continue on the non-toll road below/beside the elevated road. About 1-2Km later you will see the NICE Road exit from service road to your left, take this.
Exit NICE road at Mysore Road near Kengeri and head back towards the city and you will find Raja Rajeshwari Nagar Arch beside the Gopalan Mall on right side. There is a signal here, so turn right and you will enter RR Nagar.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 15:06   #1874
BHPian

Quote:

. I am planning to start from Chennai by 6am and expect to reach Bangalore by 12noon ( reasonable time ? ). Is this an off peak hour in Bangalore ?
As you cross Hosur and drive towards Bangalore, you'll done through electronic city. There is a elevated flyover from Electronic city which is 9kms in length. You need to avoid taking that entry into the toll lanes. Keep to the right 2-3 lanes of traffic. You'll avoid the elevated road on top and drive for about 1 km (you'll pass by Infosys' buildings on your left) or so where you'll find the entry to Nice Road on the left.

On taking Mysore road exit, you'll need drive about 8-9 kms to reach Rajarajeshwari nagar. There is a mall on the right and an arch so kind of hard of to miss the entry to the area. There shouldn't be too much traffic around noon on a Friday.
sswaroop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 17:15   #1875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
NICE works much better for you. Drive till Kengeri (Mysore road exit) and drive back to Rajarajeshwari Nagar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
To get onto NICE Road -
Quote:
Originally Posted by sswaroop View Post
As you cross Hosur
Thanks Guys. On the Chennai side, is it advisable to take Tambaram-Oragadam-Walajabad-Kanchipuram route or stick to the Porur-Sriperumbudur route ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks