Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2015, 11:00   #1906
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Anything happened with respect to the High court warning ?
Anybody who traveled recently can comment, whether NHAI fixed it or still pathetic ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
There are several patches and some portions relaid.
There was still work going on at some places.
Better than earlier, but still doesn't warrant the high toll that is being collected when you compare it with the rest of the 4 lanes in this part of the country.
An update from this weekend, the sections from the toll at Chennasmudram towards Chennai have improved quite a bit
I guess most of the pot-holed sections of the highway have been relaid.
In some sections the cat-eyes have been replaced too.
While some sections are still bumpy, it's still a whole lot better than what it was before.
Toll is the same as before, but I'd happily pay the same toll (~Rs.1.2/Km) as the sections from Attibele to Chennasamudram if only the quality of the highway was also the same.
im_srini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 14:56   #1907
BHPian

I too travelled on this section yesterday. While there are no potholes the roads definitely are not great to warrant a toll. They are many patches and your ride becomes bumpy due to many patches on the road.
Old 19th March 2015, 10:08   #1908
BHPian

I travelled last week from Bangalore to chennai and vice cersa. Was staying at Fishermans cove. there is a deviation from Sriperumbudur which lets you reach ECR in 40 minutes. Avoided the city completely. The road mentioned has a toll of RS24. Found this road on google maps.

Also the NH is bumpy as stated but speeds of 120-140 is achievable, I was driving my Camry Hybrid
Old 19th March 2015, 10:19   #1909
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
I travelled last week from Bangalore to chennai and vice cersa. Was staying at Fishermans cove. there is a deviation from Sriperumbudur which lets you reach ECR in 40 minutes. Avoided the city completely. The road mentioned has a toll of RS24. Found this road on google maps.

Also the NH is bumpy as stated but speeds of 120-140 is achievable, I was driving my Camry Hybrid
Are you referring the Manimangalam SH which takes you to Tambaram? And then you take the Vandalur-Kelambakam SH. If true, then yes its a very good option. Many take the Tambaram SH to head to south Chennai
Old 19th March 2015, 23:03   #1910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post

You are indeed referring to the sriperumbudur-Tambaram SH via Manimangalam. Off late this has become the preferred route for those who reside in South Chennai.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 08:53   #1911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Anything happened with respect to the High court warning ?
Anybody who traveled recently can comment, whether NHAI fixed it or still pathetic ?
There was a news item in today's Hindu (20th March 2015) about this, apparently the Indian Roads Congress has signed off on the relaying work on the NH carried out by Essel TollWays.

Thankfully the IRC has a grievance page
-

Last edited by im_srini : 20th March 2015 at 08:55.
Old 27th March 2015, 23:49   #1912

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
For the regular tolled route via Chittoor-Ranipet-NH 46-Sriperumbudur, I'd posted an update from January - here
But, I guess you're looking at a toll-free option via Sholinghur-Arakknonam ?
I live in Malleswaram and planning a Chennai trip, So i guess both GQ and chittoor routes are equidistant from my residence, I'm planning on taking the Chittoor route to Chennai and the hosur GQ route on my way back to Bangalore.

What is the approx amount of toll on either routes? and does the chittor route eventually lead me to join the poonamalle high road from where I can eventually reach the Anna Statue on Mount Road?

Hoping for your advice and thanks in advance.
Old 28th March 2015, 06:17   #1913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydNaz View Post
and does the chittor route eventually lead me to join the poonamalle high road from where I can eventually reach the Anna Statue on Mount Road?
I don't know the toll fare as I always ride on my motorcycle; but yes, Chittoor route takes you to Vellore - Ranipet - Kanchipuram - Sriperambadur - Thirumazhisai - Ponamalle - Porur - Kathipara/Guindy - Saidapet - Mount Road

Like this - http://goo.gl/maps/EYav2
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2015, 07:48   #1914
VKS
BHPian

Quote:
I live in Malleswaram and planning a Chennai trip,
It will be about 350/- via krishnagiri and 130/- via chittor . Most of the Tollbooths near kolar were not collecting tolls till Dec. Both the routes will meet 90 kms before Chennai, near Walajapet and is same afterwards.
VKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2015, 18:21   #1915
BHPian

I too live in Malleswaram. The approximate toll via Chittoor would be around INR 160 and on the Hosur route would be around INR 500. I do BLR-MAA-BLR at least once a month.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 23:09   #1916
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I live in Malleswaram and planning a Chennai trip, So i guess both GQ and chittoor routes are equidistant from my residence, I'm planning on taking the Chittoor route to Chennai and the hosur GQ route on my way back to Bangalore.
Both routes merge near Ranipet/wallajah and then lead to sriperumbudur and Poonamalle high road.
Toll amount on chittoor route should be about 140, I guess I posted the details somewhere else probably on this thread earlier. Needless to say for a peaceful drive, start early if you can.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 07:34   #1917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What is the approx amount of toll on either routes? and does the chittor route eventually lead me to join the poonamalle high road from where I can eventually reach the Anna Statue on Mount Road?

Hoping for your advice and thanks in advance.
Go through this link to find out the toll amount between Bangalore and Chennai. Here you have the option of choosing the route via Chittoor or Hosur

http://www.nhtis.org/map.htm#
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 08:15   #1918
Senior - BHPian

Folks

Is anyone aware of the Chittoor-Sholinghur-Arakkonam route to Chennai. I intend to travel by this route the coming weekend.

Need your feedback ASAP.
Old 30th March 2015, 11:24   #1919
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have an idea about the Tiruvallur-Thiruthanni-Chittoor road condition? For my return trip from Chennai to Bangalore, I wish to try this route.
Old 30th March 2015, 11:58   #1920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Does anyone have an idea about the Tiruvallur-Thiruthanni-Chittoor road condition? For my return trip from Chennai to Bangalore, I wish to try this route.
Hi Suresh,

Tiruvallur-Tiruttani is in excellent condition. But please note that the roads inside Tiruvallur town are not good.

Between Tiruttani to Chittoor, though i have not driven in direct route via Valakanampudi-Bukkapatnam, i have driven via Tirttuani-Nagari-Pallipattu-Chittoor. They roads are in excellent/Very good condition. This route is about 15 kms longer. Sorry i don't have update on direct route, but hope the alternate route info helps just in case.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 30th March 2015 at 12:04.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed