Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2015, 19:16   #2071
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Turns out I have to relocate right back to chennai (gah, 6 months after I arrived in blr) due to some personal stuff. Anyway - after the movers leave my bangalore apartment, I won't be able to stay there to make an extra start. And it will be too late to hit the road to chennai - like 4 pm or so, and I don't particularly want to drive at night.

What is a reasonable hotel somewhere midway (at least clear of the bangalore city limits / e city etc traffic snarls) where I can spend the night, comfortable, no bugs, decent dinner and if possible, wifi available would be all that I need.
Old 25th August 2015, 19:52   #2072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Turns out I have to relocate right back to chennai...
What is a reasonable hotel somewhere midway (at least clear of the bangalore city limits / e city etc traffic snarls) where I can spend the night, comfortable, no bugs, decent dinner and if possible, wifi available would be all that I need.
Good for you. :-) If I didn't have visitors at home I'd have invited you over.

Anyway, not really mid-way but there's a Sarovar at Hosur. If the price sounds fine you could go for it. If you start from Hosur early enough you should be in Chennai for breakfast.

Other than that, I don't know of any.

In these days of 3G and tethering, do you really need hotel Wifi?
Old 25th August 2015, 20:13   #2073
Senior - BHPian

My network signal has a nasty habit of going down to 2G when I least expect it on the highway - though of course not near major towns. Better safe than sorry, and all that.

Thanks Binand - we do need to catch up sometime - I'll be in and out of bangalore at least once or twice a month. Let me PM you my number (though I suppose you have it from the old days, it hasn't changed)
Old 25th August 2015, 21:09   #2074
Team-BHP Support

And if you dont want to go all the way till Hosur in the evening traffic, there is La-Classic just before Attibele toll. Seems to a be decent place.

http://www.laclassic.in
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 22:25   #2075
Distinguished - BHPian

With a 04:00 PM start you would cross Krishnagiri by 06:30, though I am not able to recommend any hotels past Hosur, I feel stopping at Hosur is bit of an overkill.

If you are not comfortable with night drive, I guess easy option would be to stay at any hotel in Bangalore and stay early in morning. This way you have more options. Also, I remember from your earlier posts that you are staying near Sarjapur road. From here you can reach Hosur road soon.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 06:43   #2076
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
And if you dont want to go all the way till Hosur in the evening traffic, there is La-Classic just before Attibele toll. Seems to a be decent place.

http://www.laclassic.in
We have been here couple of times, just used their coffee shop/restaurant, haven't stayed there but the place is very nice and well maintained.
Sarovar at Hosur also seems decent (from the highway), haven't visited the place though.

Last edited by NPV : 26th August 2015 at 06:44.
Old 26th August 2015, 08:17   #2077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Sarovar at Hosur also seems decent (from the highway), haven't visited the place though.
Well, I have stayed at multiple Sarovar hotels elsewhere; they are usually nice and clean and well-serviced. My stays have always been at their Hometel brand hotels whereas the one at Hosur seems to be of the more premium Portico brand - so the experience, if anything, should only be better (or they are doing a branding eyewash :-)
Old 26th August 2015, 10:38   #2078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
With a 04:00 PM start you would cross Krishnagiri by 06:30, though I am not able to recommend any hotels past Hosur, I feel stopping at Hosur is bit of an overkill.

If you are not comfortable with night drive, I guess easy option would be to stay at any hotel in Bangalore and stay early in morning. This way you have more options. Also, I remember from your earlier posts that you are staying near Sarjapur road. From here you can reach Hosur road soon.
I do need to be in Chennai fairly early since the mover lorry will be there by say 10:30 or 11:00 AM, and there are a few things I need to get done there before that.

I could stay in sarjapur road itself - there are enough hotels nearby - but the problem is that getting from sarjapur to attibele is one of those things where a traffic jam can crop up out of the middle of nowhere right on sarjapur road itself (big bottleneck with very few alternate routes out - the hosa road is even more of a minefield + bottleneck where one broken down vehicle even in off peak hours can be a significant traffic jam).

So past attibele and this la classic place seems to be the best possible solution. And maybe ginger, oyo etc in the e city area? Or are those off the highway?
Old 26th August 2015, 10:44   #2079
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I do need to be in Chennai fairly early since the mover lorry will be there by say 10:30 or 11:00 AM, and there are a few things I need to get done there before that.

Here is one in Krishnagiri

http://alpshotelkrg.com/
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 11:24   #2080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
getting from sarjapur to attibele is one of those things where a traffic jam can crop up out of the middle of nowhere right on sarjapur road itself (big bottleneck with very few alternate routes out - the hosa road is even more of a minefield)
You could try Dommasandra-Chandapura Road (it is a few km short of the junction from where Varthur Road splits off). I have taken this road many times and it is generally stress-free all day. It joins NH7 at Chandapura, one flyover before Attibele.

Further beyond there is Sarjapur-Attibele Road itself and finally, probably the best choice among the lot, Sarjapur-Bagalur-Hosur.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 11:34   #2081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I could stay in sarjapur road itself - there are enough hotels nearby - but the problem is that getting from sarjapur to attibele is one of those things where a traffic jam can crop up out of the middle of nowhere right on sarjapur road itself (big bottleneck with very few alternate routes out - the hosa road is even more of a minefield + bottleneck where one broken down vehicle even in off peak hours can be a significant traffic jam).
If you consider crossing Hosur as a bottleneck, you can try this route as well
Via Bagalur, Berikai, Atthimugam and Shoolagiri to touch Krishnagiri. I have seen some private buses operating from Bangalore to Shoolagiri on the above said route.
Old 26th August 2015, 14:26   #2082
BHPian

Planning to drive down to Chennai on Friday morning and considering the vacation time - guess, there will lot of traffic in Attibele and Krishnagiri toll. So - thought of avoiding these two;

Option 1:
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/At...e2e028!1m0!3e0

Option 2:
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/At...e2ba3a!1m0!3e0

Anyone take this routes earlier? Any thoughts on these roads? Which one is better?
Old 26th August 2015, 14:33   #2083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
Planning to drive down to Chennai on Friday morning and considering the vacation time - guess, there will lot of traffic in Attibele and Krishnagiri toll. So - thought of avoiding these two;

Option 1:
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/At...e2e028!1m0!3e0

Option 2:
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/At...e2ba3a!1m0!3e0

Anyone take this routes earlier? Any thoughts on these roads? Which one is better?

I have driven by the route mentioned in OPTION 1 before. Infact I shall tell you the route i took

Via Hosur, Rayakottai,Krishnagiri,Bargur,Tirupattur,Alangayam ,Vellore,Kanchipuram,Walajahbad, Vandalur to Nanganallur.

The Rayakottai-Krishnagiri route is a treat to drive. After crossing Rayakottai, the road will be narrow for a couple of kms and then it widens to a very good 2 lane road.

BTW your both the options are the same. Plz check the links

Last edited by suresh_gs : 26th August 2015 at 14:34.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 14:59   #2084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post

I have taken Attibele-Rayakottai earlier, and it is quite good to drive on. Your map takes you via Kelamangalam though; you should be going via Hosur. Plus, I have heard only good things about Rayakottai-Krishnagiri.

Take Attibele-Anekal Road, turn left at Y junction towards TVS, turn left at crossing with Hosur-Thally road, turn right after railway crossing onto Hosur IRR, turn right onto Hosur-Rayakottai road.

At Rayakottai which has a messy CBD, the natural contour of the road is to go towards Dharmapuri, so don't miss the straight road to Krishnagiri.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 16:02   #2085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
BTW your both the options are the same. Plz check the links
Thanks! They are not same but are similar with a small difference; 1 takes Attibele - Rayakottai road via Kelamangalam (SH 85) and there other (SH 85 and SH 17) one takes Attibele - Hosur - Rayakottai road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I have taken Attibele-Rayakottai earlier, and it is quite good to drive on. Your map takes you via Kelamangalam though; you should be going via Hosur.
Thanks! Is the Kelamangalam route through Attibele - Rayakottai road, not recommended?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks