Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2016, 13:43   #2341
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
1.Refer the enclosed image for toll rates.
2. Waiting time is always a variable factor. Difficult to predict
3. There are plenty of options to break for food enroute Krishnagiri like saravana bhavan, Lakshmi nivas or vilas, Kamat, A2B etc
4. From Hosur, come to Attibele and take a turn towards Sarjapur road till you reach Varthur. Next is Whitefield
Thanks Suresh. Was really useful. I understand waiting times at toll gates are difficult to predict, but just wanted to get some sense. Am primarily concerned about gates closer to B'lore on a Saturday evening. Can one reasonably expect to reach Whitefield from Annanagar in 6 hours with two 20 min breaks?
Old 20th May 2016, 13:50   #2342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1.Refer the enclosed image for toll rates.
Attachment 1509055
Electronic City toll is 45, I think. And not 25 as mentioned above.
Old 20th May 2016, 13:52   #2343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Electronic City toll is 45, I think. And not 25 as mentioned above.
It is indeed. 45 for one way and 65 for Day pass.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 14:14   #2344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyaanveshi View Post
Will be driving from Chennai to B'lore this weekend with family. This is my first drive on this route, hence sticking to the via Hosur option even though the destination is Whitefield. A few queries:

1. What's the total toll these days via Hosur?

2. If I leave around 2 pm, will I have to spend a lot of time at toll gates?

3. Am planning at least 2 stops enroute, one near Vellore and another near Krishnagiri. The priority is clean rest rooms for the family and maybe some veg snacks near Krishnagiri. Any suggestions?

4. What would the best route to Whitefield once I cross Hosur?

Requesting guidance.
1. The total toll cost including BETL is Rs 380. If you plan to turn off at Attibele to reach Whitefield, you will save Rs 45 from the above amount.

2. A start at 2pm means you will be able to breeze through tolls. There might be little traffic near Sriperumbudur but I don't think you would find any jam at the other tolls.

3. I do the same thing. I stop at Hotel Aryas which comes 10 kms after Vellore at Hotel Aryas. There is a HP bunk and CCD available in the same complex. At Krishnagiri, I stop at Hotel Mangalam for a coffee. Not sure about the snacks there. I would not suggest A2B as it is on the other side of the road.

4. The shortest route to Whitefield will be Attibele --> Varthur --> Whitefield. It should be relatively free on Saturday. The other option (longer route) is Silkboard --> ORR --> Marathalli --> Kundanahalli --> Whitefield.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 14:38   #2345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Suresh. Was really useful. I understand waiting times at toll gates are difficult to predict, but just wanted to get some sense. Am primarily concerned about gates closer to B'lore on a Saturday evening. Can one reasonably expect to reach Whitefield from Annanagar in 6 hours with two 20 min breaks?
Correction from my side. Please see the below image for toll rates at E city and Attibele

Name:  E city and attibele toll.GIF
Views: 1352
Size:  82.5 KB
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 15:53   #2346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
3. I do the same thing. I stop at Hotel Aryas which comes 10 kms after Vellore at Hotel Aryas. There is a HP bunk and CCD available in the same complex. At Krishnagiri, I stop at Hotel Mangalam for a coffee. Not sure about the snacks there. I would not suggest A2B as it is on the other side of the road.
Hotel Aryas is closed. I used to go there regularly. But I believe after it has become a service lane stuff. Thanks to one of so many bridges constructed, I think they lost business. Still go there for HP COCO. but you only have costly CCD option there now. A bit ahead after the toll I believe we have few new ones with ample parking. not linked to petrol bunks.

for a 2 p.m. start, the place after Vaniyambadi toll (which will be 5-6 p.m. depending on speed/traffic) Don't know the name but the one just after vaniyambadi toll. This is a new one, has good food at nonimal rates and decent varieties. There are 5-6 other dress/gift shops,etc.

Last edited by Vizay : 20th May 2016 at 16:04. Reason: more info
Vizay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 08:20   #2347
BHPian

Quote:
3. Am planning at least 2 stops enroute, one near Vellore and another near Krishnagiri. The priority is clean rest rooms for the family and maybe some veg snacks near Krishnagiri. Any suggestions?
For a pit-stop around Vellore, Adayar Ananda Bhavan or Sai Sangeet(https://goo.gl/maps/TAZDa6xhNkQ2 / https://goo.gl/maps/XYdDj28VxBH2 ) before Vellore, and another Sai Sangeet (http://maps.google.com/?cid=91181569...00&hl=en&gl=us) after Vellore, are the best bet.

Around Krishnagiri, Hotel Saravanaa Bhavan(https://goo.gl/maps/Ha6iwHQBXEM2) OR the almost adjacent Hotel Mangalam Pure Veg, after krishnagiri toll, and DHABBA -EXPRESS(https://goo.gl/maps/h5xnbDbTBNU2) little further, are your best bet, to my mind.
Old 10th June 2016, 15:07   #2348
BHPian

Hey guys! I will be going to bangalore from chennai (from Mahindra City) by car this saturday. This is my first drive to bangalore in car and I would like to know which is the best route from Mahindra City and how much time does it take to reach? I'm planning to start by 4am in the morning to avoid traffic.
Old 10th June 2016, 16:01   #2349
BHPian

In addition to the above query I would like to know if TN registered cars are still being stopped in Bangalore? I was planning a drive to Coorg. Google maps shows a drive on the NICE road to bypass Bangalore city. Any chances of being pulled over by cops?
Old 10th June 2016, 16:19   #2350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
In addition to the above query I would like to know if TN registered cars are still being stopped in Bangalore? I was planning a drive to Coorg. Google maps shows a drive on the NICE road to bypass Bangalore city. Any chances of being pulled over by cops?

I didn't have any problem when I did my trip during May. You don't need to go to Bangalore city if your destination is Coorg. Just after Electronic city toll booth (don't take the toll road but take the extreme right lane) take the service road to go to NICE road. In fact, I was in South Canara and Kodagu for almost 7 days and did not face any issues from traffic cops.
Old 10th June 2016, 16:27   #2351
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz581993Mille View Post
I will be going to bangalore from chennai (from Mahindra City) by car this saturday. This is my first drive to bangalore in car and I would like to know which is the best route from Mahindra City and how much time does it take to reach?
The regular route is via Sriperumbudur and getting onto the NH46 towards Krishnagiri, but I just looked up the location of Mahindra City on gmaps and I think if you have a way to get to Kancheepuram easily, you can try this route as well, described by @ampere in the subsequent post to this one - here This will also get you to NH46 via Kancheepuram. From there you need to get to Krishnagiri, then Hosur on NH7.

I think it's fair to assume about 5.5-6 hours to reach Bangalore since you start at 4am, including a break of 30 minutes.

Quote:
I have not heard of RTO folks specifically targeting TN registered cars but should not be an issue if you have a recent Pollution certificate from TN and some toll receipts (since you don't intend to stay in Bangalore for long or work in Bangalore, it should not be an issue I think).

NICE Road is a good way to bypass Bangalore, if you don't have a reason to enter the city, might as well escape the traffic

After you enter Bangalore at the Attibele toll on Hosur Road, about 10-12 Km on the same road, don't take the BETL elevated road (will go into the city bypassing the NICE road junction!) and a Km or so later you will see the entry to NICE Road from the service lane. Once you get in, pay the toll for Mysore Road exit and you can be on your way to Coorg (Mysore-Hunsur-Kushalnagar-Madikeri).

Last edited by NPV : 10th June 2016 at 16:50.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 18:23   #2352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys! I will be going to bangalore from chennai (from Mahindra City) by car this saturday. This is my first drive to bangalore in car and I would like to know which is the best route from Mahindra City and how much time does it take to reach? I'm planning to start by 4am in the morning to avoid traffic.
From Mahindra City, the best route will be via Walajahbad, Kancheepuram and then the regular NH (Hosur route) to Bangalore. I took this route after visiting the famous Hayagreeva temple at Chettipunyam. You have to pay toll at Paranur toll plaza and take the road beneath the flyover that takes you to Kancheepuram.

Quote:
Off late the cops in KA are not stopping TN registered vehicles. To be on the safer side, I would suggest you to take address proof certifying that you reside in Chennai and that you are going to Coorg for vacation.

Last edited by ampere : 10th June 2016 at 19:35. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 10th June 2016, 19:40   #2353
BHPian

Quote:
From Mahindra City, the best route will be via Walajahbad, Kancheepuram and then the regular NH (Hosur route) to Bangalore. I took this route after visiting the famous Hayagreeva temple at Chettipunyam. You have to pay toll at Paranur toll plaza and take the road beneath the flyover that takes you to Kancheepuram.

Off late the cops in KA are not stopping TN registered vehicles. To be on the safer side, I would suggest you to take address proof certifying that you reside in Chennai and that you are going to Coorg for vacation.

Thanks Suresh_gs. I would have taken the SP Koil-Oragadam route as shown by gmaps and even I was skeptical whether that route is safe by 5 in the morning. I would take this one you've suggested.
Old 14th June 2016, 15:12   #2354
BHPian

Hi guys, I drove to bangalore from Mahindra City, Chennai last weekend. The toll prices have been revised since the last time. Now, There are five tolls in total between and it costs about 280 INR for one way. In some parts the price seems to be justified with well maintained and smooth roads with proper road signs while some parts are suspension testing terrible.
Fortunately, the bad stretches are within city limits and specifically present in the sriperumbudur industrial corridor. It can be seen that patch repair works have been done post the floods but still there are numerous bumps and broken holes which requires concentrated driving to avoid testing the suspension.

To add to that, the traffic in bangalore is absolutely tragic and the way people drive to reach their destination on time without having consent for the signals and lanes aren't helping the case either and this only makes things worse for everyone. I had to attend a meeting in electronics city by 12 PM on saturday after checking in to a hotel in Hosur road itself. I started from Mahindra city by 4.45 AM and reached bangalore toll by almost 9 AM since there was zero traffic. However, it took me almost an hour or more post that to reach the hotel which was just 18 Kms from the toll booth. And then again it took me another 30-40 minutes to get to electronic city and I ended up being late to the meeting!

But despite all that, the weather in Bangalore pretty much compensated for all this which was much needed after a month of sultry, hot and humid weather in Chennai.

Some pictures from the drive,

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-img_4041.jpg

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-img_4042.jpg

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-img_4083.jpg

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-img_4084.jpg

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-img_4085.jpg
satz581993Mille is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 21:15   #2355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

To add to that, the traffic in bangalore is absolutely tragic and the way people drive to reach their destination on time without having consent for the signals and lanes aren't helping the case either and this only makes things worse for everyone. I had to attend a meeting in electronics city by 12 PM on saturday after checking in to a hotel in Hosur road itself. I started from Mahindra city by 4.45 AM and reached bangalore toll by almost 9 AM since there was zero traffic. However, it took me almost an hour or more post that to reach the hotel which was just 18 Kms from the toll booth. And then again it took me another 30-40 minutes to get to electronic city and I ended up being late to the meeting!

But despite all that, the weather in Bangalore pretty much compensated for all this which was much needed after a month of sultry, hot and humid weather in Chennai.
Welcome to Bangalore!
Now you understand how Bangaloreans feel about the traffic and why they mention time it takes to reach a place within city, instead of kilometers

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks