Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 09:37   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
it will be, NH4 & take the new grade separator at Maduravoyal, hit Ambattur industrial estate & then go to Muappair. DO NOT take Annanagar/Thirumangalam route, you'll get exhausted & waste lot of time.
+1. I did this 2 weeks back and the bridge is also nicely done. So, just get into the ramp and continue till the traffic is exiting the bridge. Then take the first right below bridge and you will be in Mugapair.
Old 31st August 2010, 09:54   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
+1. I did this 2 weeks back and the bridge is also nicely done. So, just get into the ramp and continue till the traffic is exiting the bridge. Then take the first right below bridge and you will be in Mugapair.
Does the ramp join the service lane or the main road, if it joins the main road the OP has to continue all the way to Ambattur Jn and take a U turn under the flyover to cross over to the service road on the other side.

Depending on which part of Mogappair he has to go he could either take a right at the Ambattur estate Jn. or take the Mogappair Jn. under the bridge.

Last edited by pypkmsrikanth : 31st August 2010 at 09:55.
Old 31st August 2010, 09:57   #303
Senior - BHPian

Map to reach Mogappair

Refer to the map below when you come from BLR towards Chennai. Follow the RED line that you should be taking. The blue oval marked as area A is where the new grade separator is located. Though the sign boards are not in proper green & white format, it is still very much visible & have been put well. So just follow the signs & take the route towards Ambattur/Nolumbur/Mogappair & then you'll get up the bridge; keep riding for about 2 Kms on the stretch.
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-m1.jpg

These are stretches of connecting bridges so the connecting bridge between Nolumbur & Ambattur is not yet over; so you have to get down from the bridge. All the vehicles will take a left & exit the bridge. Just watch out for the blue circled area in the below map. After getting down from the bridge you need to be taking the right (as mjothi says, 1st right) that leads to Mogappair road. I've marked certain places with RED circles for you to easily identify that you've not lost the route
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-m2.jpg

Let me know if you need more elaborated map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Does the ramp join the service lane or the main road, if it joins the main road the OP has to continue all the way to Ambattur Jn and take a U turn under the flyover to cross over to the service road on the other side.
There is no service lane connection from the ramp. The ramp from NH4 connects to the bridge directly & enables one to go towards Ambattur without disrupting the traffic.

Quote:
Depending on which part of Mogappair he has to go he could either take a right at the Ambattur estate Jn. or take the Mogappair Jn. under the bridge.
You mean the interiors of Mogappair via Golden Eagle theatre? That's little bit confusing & hence I avoided mentioning that route. Let me know otherwise.

Last edited by aargee : 31st August 2010 at 10:03.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2010, 10:01   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The ramp is fully operational on all direction. The one from bangalore to Chennai, connects to main bridge. But the full length of the bridge till ambattur is not done. So they have put an small exit for all traffic after say 2 KMs. Taking this exit will take you down/service lane(?) of the bridge.
Old 31st August 2010, 11:23   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
The ramp is fully operational on all direction. The one from bangalore to Chennai, connects to main bridge. But the full length of the bridge till ambattur is not done. So they have put an small exit for all traffic after say 2 KMs. Taking this exit will take you down/service lane(?) of the bridge.
I was wondering if its possible to take the Nolumbur right to get into Mogappair from the service lane, looks like the only option is to go all the way upto Ambattur Esate and take a U turn under the flyover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
There is no service lane connection from the ramp. The ramp from NH4 connects to the bridge directly & enables one to go towards Ambattur without disrupting the traffic.

You mean the interiors of Mogappair via Golden Eagle theatre? That's little bit confusing & hence I avoided mentioning that route. Let me know otherwise.
I actually meant the right which takes you to Nolumbur and onto Mogappair.
Old 31st August 2010, 12:02   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Note: You wont find any A2B.Kamat like places after Krishnagiri but only roadside tea shops.
Has anyone tried Hotel Aaryas in Velur? It's by the side of one of the flyovers (2nd one in Velur I guess) and from the road it looked okay. Its on your left when you travel towards Chennai and I think we need to take the service lane immediately after crossing the first flyover. There is one on the right too after this, but didn't look that good. Velur would be a good place to take a break after A2B if this one is good.
Old 31st August 2010, 12:12   #307
BHPian

I frequently drive to Chennai on business and trust me NH7 / 46 (E-city / Hosur / Krishnagiri / Sriperumbudur) route is the best. As many have suggested, if you want to have something to eat, A2B just before krishnagiri is your best bet!
Ride Safe!

Cheers!
-Z
Old 31st August 2010, 12:25   #308
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Has anyone tried Hotel Aaryas in Velur? It's by the side of one of the flyovers (2nd one in Velur I guess) and from the road it looked okay. Its on your left when you travel towards Chennai and I think we need to take the service lane immediately after crossing the first flyover. There is one on the right too after this, but didn't look that good. Velur would be a good place to take a break after A2B if this one is good.
Never tried it, but have heard about it. The issue it is that its arrival is notified in advance on the highway. That way if one is not aware, he just passes through and then realizes that there was a hotel which passed by.
Old 31st August 2010, 15:13   #309
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@aargee Great to hear about the grade separator and bridge that gives a better route to Mogappair! Excellent.

Last edited by MX6 : 31st August 2010 at 15:14.
Old 31st August 2010, 15:21   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
@aargee Great to hear about the grade separator and bridge that gives a better route to Mogappair! Excellent.
Yep; its great, but still has a lots of work to complete. I use it twice a day & stand updated on this route; 6 Kms stretch from Porur to Ambattur is like 4 minutes by RX & 6-7 minutes by Activa & 6 minutes by WagonR
Old 31st August 2010, 15:33   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Never tried it, but have heard about it. The issue it is that its arrival is notified in advance on the highway. That way if one is not aware, he just passes through and then realizes that there was a hotel which passed by.
Aryaas was my coffee stop when I used to do Bangalore Chennai every alternate weekends eight months back. The filter coffee was kick ***. Not tried anything else there.
I recently tried Chola the restaurant for breakfast when I went to Pollachi last weekend. The food was good and the prices were nominal (compared to A2B which is a ripoff). This is just between Vaniyambadi and Natrampalli.
Old 31st August 2010, 16:27   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Aryaas was my coffee stop when I used to do Bangalore Chennai every alternate weekends eight months back. The filter coffee was kick ***. Not tried anything else there.
What ampere said was very true. The last time I went there, I knew there was one but still missed it and could see the place only when I crossed it over the bridge. I am addicted to cofee and this sure looks a good reason to plan a break there ! Guess I will take the service road as soon as I enter Velur. Couldn't remember of any landmarks to take the right exit.
Old 31st August 2010, 17:02   #313
BHPian

Ride Safe

Good to see some one riding from bangalore,

As many of them have mentioned, take the krishnagiri route if timing is a matter of concern

AP route is good as it has some ghats but it is not inhabited through most of the distance.

Both roads converge at Ranipet Toll gate. Right after Ranipet tollgate when you are coming from bangalore, on the left side, you will find 'Guruminder Dhaba' Its a good place to have lunch , and the lassi is awesome, a nice place to rest too.

Recently I rode till Yercaud, I took the krishnagere, vellore , ranipet route to return .

Guess you should be taking close to 6 hours.

Return in same route.
Route to thirumangalam, the best is on that map.

Please do take care in turnings as mud would have accumulated on road surface due to rains. The roads would be a bit bumpy and scaly at turns near Kancheepuram and Sriperambudur.

Ride Safe..

Cheers,
Ajay
Old 31st August 2010, 17:09   #314
BHPian

Bangalore - Bangarapet - Chennai

How is the route through Sarjapur - Bangarapet, the one attached. My dad ones did that to Aarni and said its ok, but was couple of months back.
Its basically SH 59 + NH4.

Heard traffic is quite less, that's why asked.
I have to leave in the night as in i have to be in Chennai tomorrow morning before 8am.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-route.jpg  

Last edited by manjo : 31st August 2010 at 17:17.
Old 31st August 2010, 17:23   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Guess I will take the service road as soon as I enter Velur. Couldn't remember of any landmarks to take the right exit.
Hotel Aryaas is located on the junction of Service Road and Katpadi road. Take the exit which has board for Katpadi. While coming from Bangalore it is the exit before the third flyover (and is after the flyover crossing the railway line).

Regarding the Sarjapur-Bangarpet-Gudiyatham road, would not recommend for Night drives. Use it only if you have an SUV and want to save on Toll charges.

Last edited by DWind : 31st August 2010 at 17:27.

Most Viewed