Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2020, 18:52   #3406
BANNED

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I'm not sure how this is implemented/enforced, but within a few hours of reaching Chennai my friend was contacted by the municipal corporation folks. He was there for half a day for a funeral and returned later that night though and had a tough time convincing Karnataka cops on the way back at Attibele. This was in June, don't know how it is now.
Things would have changed a lot now, especially after unlock 4.0 announced. So trying to find whats the actual status now
Old 2nd September 2020, 19:33   #3407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Things would have changed a lot now, especially after unlock 4.0 announced. So trying to find whats the actual status now
This post on last page has some update from August 26th, few days before Unlockdown 4.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnjdnght View Post
  • We left home at 5 AM. I had pasted the TN entry pass on the windshield. Entry into TN was smooth. No checking was done though traffic was controlled through barricades. The police on duty may have seen the pass and waved us on or maybe he was in no mood to check. There were not many vehicles ahead of me so I couldn't figure out any pattern.
  • There was no further checking anywhere till we reached home in Chennai.
  • I've not been able to find official quarantine rules in Chennai but I got feedback through someone who travelled before that TN waives home quarantine requirement if you leave within 48 hours.
  • No hand stamping was done for any of us. They were doing so at airports and I had suspected this at the border but they don't seem to be doing it now.
  • Apparently, volunteers assigned by Chennai Corporation do visit houses regularly (they do so in my in-laws' neighbourhood) and check. What they base it on, I couldn't figure, but our neighbour warned my in-laws to expect a visit soon! Maybe he reported and was providing a facade
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 21:46   #3408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
For interstate travelers, the situation is still the same. You should get the e-pass and 14 days mandatory home quarantine.

However as mentioned by others, its not strictly followed.

You can check the below news article as well,

Quote:

Planning a trip to Tamil Nadu? Here are the latest quarantine norms

Persons coming from Other State / Union Territory (by Air, Railway and Road)
  1. Thermal screening is mandatory.
  2. All passengers coming to Tamil Nadu from other states or union territories have to undergo mandatory home quarantine for 14 days. If the individual develops fever, cough, breathlessness during the quarantine period, they shall visit a health facility.
  3. Mandatory testing will be done only on symptomatic persons coming from other states or union territories. If the passenger tests positive and if they are symptomatic, they will be taken to hospital isolation for treatment. If they are positive and asymptomatic, they will be taken to COVID Care Centre for Management.
  4. If the passenger tests negative and they are asymptomatic, they will remain in home quarantine for 14 days. If the passenger tests negative and they are symptomatic, they will be taken to hospital isolation and a decision will be taken based on the assessment by doctors.
  5. Persons visiting Tamil Nadu for business purposes and returning to their origin places within 72 hours of entering Tamil Nadu are exempt from home quarantine norms.
  6. E-pass (auto generated) mandatory for all travellers.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 23:46   #3409
BHPian

I am from Bangalore, one of my relative is coming to Chennai on a vandhe bharat flight.

She's taking the Chennai flight as there's no direct flight to Bangalore from her place

Me and my cousin are thinking to go pick her and come back to Bangalore on the same day without any stay over.

Will we face any issue while entering Karnataka with a person returning from abroad.

Looking up for some advice on how best to handle this situation.

Last edited by bblost : 2nd September 2020 at 23:53. Reason: All city and state names were in lower case. Please use proper case when typing. Thanks.
Old 3rd September 2020, 08:07   #3410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishith View Post
I am from Bangalore, one of my relative is coming to Chennai on a vandhe bharat flight.

She's taking the Chennai flight as there's no direct flight to Bangalore from her place

Me and my cousin are thinking to go pick her and come back to Bangalore on the same day without any stay over.

Will we face any issue while entering Karnataka with a person returning from abroad.

Looking up for some advice on how best to handle this situation.
Karnataka has removed all border restrictions for inter state travel. You don't need ePass and there is no checking. They have closed the Covid checkpost at Attibele. This is as of my travel last week and I've not read or heard of any changes. So you should be good to enter Bangalore without hassles.
Mnjdnght is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 12:39   #3411
BHPian

I recently did Bangalore - Pondy - Chennai - Bangalore between 31st August to 2nd September by car.

No one contacted me when I reached Chennai and there was no checking anywhere inside TN. TN police seem to have removed all the check posts, given that inter district travel has been relaxed. Chennai looked like a normal city with heavy traffic and you would mistake that people have totally forgotten about Covid. City buses were plying in Chennai, all the shops and malls are open.

I saw so many KA cars while entering TN and only my car had ePass stuck on the windshield
prasathlr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 09:10   #3412
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
I recently did Bangalore - Pondy - Chennai - Bangalore between 31st August to 2nd September by car.
Even I am planning the same itenary tomorrow Did you take the tiruvanamalai route or go via Vellore?
Old 5th September 2020, 11:24   #3413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post

No one contacted me when I reached Chennai and there was no checking anywhere inside TN. TN police seem to have removed all the check posts, given that inter district travel has been relaxed. Chennai looked like a normal city with heavy traffic and you would mistake that people have totally forgotten about Covid. City buses were plying in Chennai, all the shops and malls are open.

I saw so many KA cars while entering TN and only my car had ePass stuck on the windshield
Totally contradictory to Prasath's message.

So, this morning I saw a KA-41 cab drive into our apartment in Chennai. I casually asked the driver if the e-Pass was still needed. He said Yes! He also said that border checks are still very much in place and that they had to show the e-Pass and check-in at the border before entering TN.
Old 5th September 2020, 12:54   #3414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Even I am planning the same itenary tomorrow Did you take the tiruvanamalai route or go via Vellore?
Yes, I took the Tiruvanamalai route. The route is pretty decent except for some bad patches here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaumad View Post
Totally contradictory to Prasath's message.

So, this morning I saw a KA-41 cab drive into our apartment in Chennai. I casually asked the driver if the e-Pass was still needed. He said Yes! He also said that border checks are still very much in place and that they had to show the e-Pass and check-in at the border before entering TN.
I had to apply two e-passes. One to Pondy which is a Transit pass and other to Chennai which is a normal pass. I had to enter TN twice, once through Hosur while entering from Bangalore to Pondy and the next had to enter TN through Pondy while I was going to Chennai and in either place there was no checking. Weird that I didn't see cops in any checkposts!
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 14:08   #3415
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Could it be the timings? What time did you cross the hosur border? Also is the border open before 7 am?

TN PY border has no checking based on reports from my relatives in pondicherry.
Old 5th September 2020, 14:22   #3416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Could it be the timings? What time did you cross the hosur border? Also is the border open before 7 am?

TN PY border has no checking based on reports from my relatives in pondicherry.
I guess it is possible due to the timings. We left home at 6:15 AM, so based on that I might have reached Hosur border around 7AM.
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 08:55   #3417
BHPian

One family from my appartment travelled to Chennai yesterday. Started at 9.40 am and reached at 3 pm. They carried packed home lunch which they had enroute. There was no checking anywhere on the way. Infact some of the check posts were not even manned. They said it felt as if they were driving in the pre-covid period.
Old 6th September 2020, 09:03   #3418
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
One family from my appartment travelled to Chennai yesterday. Started at 9.40 am and reached at 3 pm. They carried packed home lunch which they had enroute. There was no checking anywhere on the way. Infact some of the check posts were not even manned. They said it felt as if they were driving in the pre-covid period.
How about at the KA - TN border? No checking there too?
Old 6th September 2020, 09:41   #3419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
How about at the KA - TN border? No checking there too?
No there was no checking at the border or anywhere enroute
Sandy28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 10:10   #3420
BHPian

A dumb question.

How long does it take to receive epass as of September and any idea on the reasons for which the e-pass is issued?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks