Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 17th November 2020, 18:09   #3481
BHPian

Traveling to ECR tomorrow from Bangalore.

Was trying to register on the TN Govt portal.

After uploading my DL copy on Page-1 when I proceed to Page-2 I am offered only the following districts -

Coimbatore
Dindigul
Namakkal
Nilgiris
Salem
Tenkasi
Thirupathur

I was searching for Kanchipuram, and it's not there.

Do I need to bother registering then?
Old 17th November 2020, 20:04   #3482
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

E Pass is currently only required for hill stations and these districts have the hill stations in TN.

https://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...d-2216408.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
After uploading my DL copy on Page-1 when I proceed to Page-2 I am offered only the following districts -
Old 17th November 2020, 20:23   #3483
BHPian

E registration is still needed at this website

It is identical to the epass that was issued earlier except for the earlier requirement of quarantine and that one can enter TN only between 7 AM and 7 PM
Old 17th November 2020, 21:10   #3484
Senior - BHPian

So , where exactly do they check the pass. I wen to Hosur and back twice in the last week and the traffic was a free flow. If not at Hosur , where else do they check for the pass in TN ? Reason I ask is because I plan to visit Coimbatore sometime soon.
Old 17th November 2020, 21:16   #3485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
E Pass is currently only required for hill stations and these districts have the hill stations in TN
Well, as per https://eregister.tnega.org/#/user/pass whether we return to TN nationally or internationally, e-pass is mandatory. I'm positive as we had to apply for one yesterday.

I'm still unsure how Kanchipuram/Chennai is unlisted because I was able to select Tiruvallur district for my e-pass
Old 17th November 2020, 21:37   #3486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
So , where exactly do they check the pass. I wen to Hosur and back twice in the last week and the traffic was a free flow. If not at Hosur , where else do they check for the pass in TN ? Reason I ask is because I plan to visit Coimbatore sometime soon.
There is no checking for epass as such, although apart from Zuzuvadi I saw there was a checkpost in Salem as well on my recent Trichy visit. The registration as per the TN Govt is only for contact tracing purposes
anandhsub is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 22:51   #3487
BHPian

Quote:
Tried again, and even though my previous application is "saved" & linked to my mobile number, the districts available for selection remain the same.

Not sure if this is because the "purpose of visit" was selected as "tourism". Looks like I'll just carry on without a successful registration.

Thanks for your inputs.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-1605633600635.jpg  

Old 17th November 2020, 23:00   #3488
BHPian

Quote:
Tried again, and even though my previous application is "saved" & linked to my mobile number, the districts available for selection remain the same.

Not sure if this is because the "purpose of visit" was selected as "tourism". Looks like I'll just carry on without a successful registration.

Thanks for your inputs.
In travel range on the first page you seem to have selected "Travelling within tamil nadu". It should be "Coming inside Tamil Nadu from another state"
Old 18th November 2020, 16:52   #3489
BHPian

Quote:
Despite trying thrice, I got the same list of TN Districts. So, the only option left was to travel without registering.

Updated the latest status on the Arogya Setu app in case it was asked for on the way.

We reached ECR around 1 pm, and didn't encounter any checks on the way.
Old 19th November 2020, 11:57   #3490
BHPian

Hi T-BHPians, I'm planning to drive from Bangalore to Chennai and back in the next week or two. I have never actually driven this route before, so appreciate your advice.

- I assume I have to take an ePass from the TN government web site.

- Planning to start at 6am or so from HAL/Bangalore and go via Hosur-Krishnagiri route. Is the timing and the route ok?

- What is a good mid-way stopping point for some coffee and to stretch our legs? I am planning to take food from home for breakfast and eat lunch in Chennai.

- On the way back, planning to do the same timings: start at 6am from Chennai. Again, what would be a good mid-way stopping point?

I am both nervous and excited about doing a long drive. Fingers crossed!
Old 22nd November 2020, 11:22   #3491

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
Hi T-BHPians, I'm planning to drive from Bangalore to Chennai and back in the next week or two. I have never actually driven this route before, so appreciate your advice.

- I assume I have to take an ePass from the TN government web site.

- Planning to start at 6am or so from HAL/Bangalore and go via Hosur-Krishnagiri route. Is the timing and the route ok?

- What is a good mid-way stopping point for some coffee and to stretch our legs? I am planning to take food from home for breakfast and eat lunch in Chennai.

- On the way back, planning to do the same timings: start at 6am from Chennai. Again, what would be a good mid-way stopping point?

I am both nervous and excited about doing a long drive. Fingers crossed!
- I registered for my pass at https://eregister.tnega.org/#/user/pass. EPass is not required looks like. I came to Chennai yesterday (Saturday) from Bangalore.

- Route and timings are perfect.

- There are many places until Krishnagiri (first 90 odd km). My preferred stop for bio break and coffee would be Murugan Idly Shop (approx 85 odd km from Marathahalli). Post that, after Vellore there is again an A2B at Arcot. Both would be on your left.

- Again there are many in the first 100 odd kms. HSB at Kanchipuram, Murugan Idly shop around 20 odd km from Kanchipuram bypass. Everything would be on your left.

- Welcome to this route. These are beautiful roads until the Walajah toll and not so bad until Chennai. I do it quite regularly.
varunasok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 16:17   #3492
BHPian

hi T-BHPians, I am driving to Egattur, Chennai from Marathalli tomorrow morning. How is the road condition after cyclone Nivar. Is water logging still there or has been cleared?
Old 27th November 2020, 18:07   #3493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaurabh21 View Post
hi T-BHPians, I am driving to Egattur, Chennai from Marathalli tomorrow morning. How is the road condition after cyclone Nivar. Is water logging still there or has been cleared?
I travelled from Bangalore to Chennai yesterday. There was a lot of rain between Krishnagiri and Vellore, but no water logging. Should be fine now. Even in the city most of the water has been cleared except for few low lying areas. I am travelling back tomorrow and will find out more first hand. Note that the roads after Walajah toll are not that good, as noted by Varunasok.
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 19:08   #3494
Distinguished - BHPian

28-11-2020

Bangalore - Chennai

Start from home near HSR at 04.50 AM, there was considerable traffic till Krishnagiri turn off. Almost like the pre-covid time.

Toll booths though have become better, though as a Fasttag user, I felt the time has increased compared to earlier days, the overall crowding at toll booths have decreased and vehicles are moving faster.

Till Walajpet the progress was brisk, infact reaching Chennasamaduram toll by 07.20 AM. Past that, things have become worse compared to my earlier drive on 02-Oct.

Roads till Sriperubadur has become worse, almost similar to the condition 3 years back. Some of the potholes are deep and sharp and will be troublesome if you are fast/ driving during night or rains.

It took almost two hours from Chennasamaduram toll till home at Vadapalani, reaching there at 09.15 AM.

There was no checking of pass at TN border, so no vehicles checked there too.
Old 7th December 2020, 14:46   #3495
Distinguished - BHPian

06-12-2020 Chennai - Bangalore

Started from Vadapalani at 02.15 PM. There was waterlogging at interior roads due to rains in past few days. However, main roads were all clear.

It took around 1.45 minutes to reach Chennasamaduram toll. Roads till here has deteriorated to a huge extent compared to how it was in Oct beginning.

Once crossing that, it was comparatively smooth sailing till Krishnagiri though it was raining once in a while. Crossed Krishnagiri around 5.45 PM.

From there till Bangalore, it was heavy traffic with both toll booths taking easily 20 minutes to cross. Attibelle was especially bad since the now defunct Covid medical camp was causing a bottle neck before the toll booth.

Reached home around 07.45 PM.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed