Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2021, 16:09   #3631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Any recent travelers here from Chennai to Bangalore to update on the checking status at the border, whether any RTPCR requirements, etc?
Old 13th August 2021, 16:40   #3632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Any recent travelers here from Chennai to Bangalore to update on the checking status at the border, whether any RTPCR requirements, etc?
From Chennai entering Bangalore, there are no checks. The other way, there has always the TN E-pass which again is not being checked.
Old 17th August 2021, 11:27   #3633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
From Chennai entering Bangalore, there are no checks. The other way, there has always the TN E-pass which again is not being checked.
Is this correct? I thought there was stringent checking for RT-PCR certificates everyone travelling in non-KA vehicles.
Old 17th August 2021, 11:36   #3634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Is this correct? I thought there was stringent checking for RT-PCR certificates everyone travelling in non-KA vehicles.
AFAIK, the strict checks are for KL & MH registration vehicles. Others are not from what i last heard.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 12:00   #3635
BHPian

Hello All;

Has anyone faced any issue in crossing the border post the curfew timings ?

I crossed attibele at 6am on Wednesday, 18th August and was not checked for RT-PCR test, even though I had a negative report.

This time, it looks like I have to cross the border at 10pm or so and was wondering if the night curfew checks are stringent.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks
Shyam
shyamk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 12:46   #3636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamk View Post
Has anyone faced any issue in crossing the border post the curfew timings ?
No border curfew for Attibele. Its on districts bordering KL and MH
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 14:42   #3637
BHPian

Hello All,
Wanted to check from any recent travelers from Tamilnadu, (via TN registration car) - if RT-PCR test is mandatory for TN residents or 2 dose vaccination is sufficient to carry to enter Bangalore?

I read from notification that Kerala and Maharashtra travelers need COVID negative certificate and not for Tamilnadu. But it will be good to confirm if any one recently travelled via TN registered car how was the checking.
Old 2nd September 2021, 14:42   #3638
Distinguished - BHPian

Did Chennai - Bangalore yesterday.

Started at 2.45 PM from Chennai / Vadapalani. Took Maduravayol route since Porur was showing slower.

Traffic was bad, especially nearing Sriperumbur, with the toll booth taking some 15 mins to cross, almost like the pre-Fastag era.

Past that too, there was no respite for traffic and it took around 2.5 hours to reach Walajapet toll.

Once on 6 lane, things improved a bit and reached Krishnagiri soon after 07.00 PM.

Krishnagiri - Attibelle was the usual video game type of traffic.

At Attibelle, the health / covid checkpost is now active again like last year. They had put a barricade in middle of carriageway, I suppose the cars has to take the left lane and trucks / goods carriers to take the right lane.

However, its not implemented and noticed that vehicles are not being stopped or checked. Just one MH reg car was parked next to the checkpost, rest all vehicles were moving without any restrictions. Infact, there was just one policeman standing outside the checkpost, don't think its possible for him to check all the vehicles which are going through the highway.

Was 8.30PM when reached home at HSR layout. One of the longest drives for Chennai - Bangalore.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 15:05   #3639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
At Attibelle, the health / covid checkpost is now active again like last year. They had put a barricade in middle of carriageway, I suppose the cars has to take the left lane and trucks / goods carriers to take the right lane.

However, its not implemented and noticed that vehicles are not being stopped or checked. Just one MH reg car was parked next to the checkpost
They seem to be looking for cars with MH and KL plates and stopping just those. Other cars (eg: TN, AP etc ones) are being let through without issues.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 15:47   #3640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
(via TN registration car) - if RT-PCR test is mandatory for TN residents I read from notification that Kerala and Maharashtra travelers
With a TN plate, you should breeze through. No RT-PCR or vax certificate. The checking is intense only for KL and MH cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
One of the longest drives for Chennai - Bangalore.
5:45 hours is not bad at all. Madras city traffic post 2nd wave has been bad. So is the traffic till Arcot. 2 weeks back, we weren't able to cross 80 kph until Kanchipuram. This was for a 7 pm start from Thirumazhisai McD, reached Hosur at 1120 pm as I was driving aggressively beyond Arcot.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 20:16   #3641
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I keep doing Bangalore <-> Chennai shuttles (E.city <-> tiruvanmiyur) of late, atleast once every month, and consistently, my timing has been anywhere between 3h50m to 4h45m. On average 4h15m is what it takes. Bangalore departures are always 3am or 4am and Chennai departures are always 9pm or 10pm. I lose an average of 30m traversing (never tried anything other than Porur-Guindy route, at times it takes 20m, at times even 1 hour, very unpredictable actually) from one end of Chennai city to other before the highway entry/exit at Poonamallee.
The 6 lane section between chennasamudram toll <--> E.city almost always takes 2h30m or so. The variable component in the duration, comes from the stretch between chennasamudram toll and chennai city.
The good thing about the from/to 6 lane branching off at Kirshnagiri, is that there are mostly only trucks and very less cars. Morover, ever since corona rendered all those sleeper/volvo/scania bus operators out-of-business, the "danger-level" is much lower now.

Last edited by venkyhere : 2nd September 2021 at 20:19.
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 21:54   #3642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I keep doing Bangalore <-> Chennai shuttles (E.city <-> tiruvanmiyur)
<snip>
Bangalore departures are always 3am or 4am and Chennai departures are always 9pm or 10pm. I lose an average of 30m traversing (never tried anything other than Porur-Guindy route
Actually it makes more sense the other way around. E-City is much easier to enter/exit than Tiruvanmiyur. Not sure you have the luxury to do so.

You could try OMR-200 ft Road-Tambaram-Mudichur-Manimangalam-Sriperumbudur. But I doubt its going to be significantly faster.

30 min from Tiruvanmiyur to Poonamalee bypass is par, the best timing I've seen for a T.Nagar - Nemili toll is 40-45 mins at unearthly 1230 am and 330 am start times.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 08:23   #3643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
You could try OMR-200 ft Road-Tambaram-Mudichur-Manimangalam-Sriperumbudur. But I doubt its going to be significantly faster.
The Thiruporur - Chengalpet road has a right that goes towards Kanchi and then continue towards Bangalore. Quite useful if you live on the OMR itself.

OMR is pretty soon going to become just as hellish as the porur - bypass route, with metro construction on both stretches (though no saravana stores traffic is a bonus I suppose, what idiot allowed them to set up a store just before the flyover?)
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 09:49   #3644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The Thiruporur - Chengalpet road has a right that goes towards Kanchi and then continue towards Bangalore. Quite useful if you live on the OMR itself.
Narayan was also telling me about this route from Thiruporur some time ago. But it was aimed at going past Singaperumal Koil in the GST. Can you show the deviation in the Google map ?

I am like the proverbial conservative - who will sit in the same chair in the restaurant , order the same food, drive the same route - year after year.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 10:29   #3645
BHPian

The fastest I have done poonamallee bypass to silk board is 4 hours and that was on a night drive a couple of years back when there was a truckers strike. Recently my night drives have gotten a lot slower and once took more than 5 hours. I think this e-commerce boom is leading to much higher traffic at night and to add to that are the diversions till Chennasamudram. The lack of lane markings on the freshly laid stretches are a pain as the third lane ends quite randomly at times. Too many car drivers who overtake from left and then realize the lane ends abruptly.

However with lack of bus traffic it has become much easier to navigate the krishnagiri ghat section at night. The truckers give way easily.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks