Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2013, 21:57   #1231
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Google's trying its level best to avoid the Carmelaram railway gate - is something wrong there? Flyover work? I will start from Chennai near 10:30 or 11 AM, so I'll be hitting Bangalore probably at peak evening traffic. I don't want this added hassle :-(
Yes. that section is closed due to flyover work. Hence you via Gunjur and Carmelaram station.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 05:38   #1232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Yes. that section is closed due to flyover work. Hence you via Gunjur and Carmelaram station.
Does that create bottlenecks in the direction towards ORR in the evenings? I expect the bulk of the traffic at that time is away from the city, but given the average Bangalorean driver's penchant for utilizing 100% of the road...
Old 6th August 2013, 06:49   #1233
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does that create bottlenecks in the direction towards ORR in the evenings? I expect the bulk of the traffic at that time is away from the city, but given the average Bangalorean driver's penchant for utilizing 100% of the road...
Yes. During peak hours it does create bottle necks on that route. Esp near the railway station and railway crossing. Even during weekends, I have experienced traffic choke on that section.
Old 6th August 2013, 07:48   #1234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. During peak hours it does create bottle necks on that route. Esp near the railway station and railway crossing. Even during weekends, I have experienced traffic choke on that section.
:-( How about Gunjur-Varthur? Or there seems to be a Gunjur-Panathur-ORR route. That one? Anything to avoid Hosur, Attibele & Silk Board...

I'll take a chance at Carmelaram otherwise.
Old 6th August 2013, 08:14   #1235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
:-( How about Gunjur-Varthur? Or there seems to be a Gunjur-Panathur-ORR route. That one? Anything to avoid Hosur, Attibele & Silk Board...

I have no idea @binand about the Gunjur-ORR route. About Varthur, I think during weekends and non-peak hours its just fine. (Except I think the Varthur village itself which during weekends experiences some slowdown due to vegetable market.
Old 6th August 2013, 08:40   #1236
BHPian

Quote:

Gunjur-Varatur-Marthahalli will be fine in weekends. A small conjunction near the Varatur town due the market. You can also consider Gunjur-Varatur-Kadubeesanahalli also which is also not bad. The road is a little narrow on some of the stretches.
No idea about Gujur-Bellandur route, never tried that.
Old 6th August 2013, 11:33   #1237
BHPian

Quote:

Carmelaram will be the shortest and easiest.

Gunjur-Panathur-ORR is also fine, never had a chance to try it myself, but have seen a lot of cabbies taking it. It actually joins the Varthur-Panathur road just before Panathur village. Again, that section just when these two roads join and then move forward is very narrow and I've been caught up in pile-ups due to truck traffic. Construction and water tankers ply this route often.

You could try one of these two, no need to go all the way to Varthur, as your final destination is Bellandur.
Old 6th August 2013, 22:16   #1238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Carmelaram will be the shortest and easiest.
It was such an anticlimax. I missed the turn at Hosur towards Bagalur (took the flyover instead of the road underneath). But then again, today was surprisingly mild in terms of traffic all the way home. Cleared Silk Board in my second turn, and it took only about 40 minutes from Attibele toll booth to home (had completely empty ingress lanes both here and at the BETL booth).

Overall - started from Chennai at around 11:00 (Kotturpuram), and was home by 6:00. Stopped at the new Anjappar's at Nazarethpet for lunch and then tea/nature/fuel breaks at Pallikonda (Deepam) and Shoolagiri (A2B).

Quick tip: While coming to Bangalore, if you exit the BP/A2B complex the "right" way, you have to go about 2 km to find a U-turn. It seems to me that since the highway alignment has changed here, you can go back along the way you came in and use the same "break in median" that let you in, to exit towards Bangalore as well.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:23   #1239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was such an anticlimax. I missed the turn at Hosur towards Bagalur (took the flyover instead of the road underneath).
Where is this exit towards Bagalur? I have seen sign boards to Bagalur but cannot recollect where it is.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:55   #1240
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Where is this exit towards Bagalur? I have seen sign boards to Bagalur but cannot recollect where it is.
Its below the first flyover you encounter when you drive towards Hosur from Bngalore. Thats the reason, when you are coming from Chennai side you wont notice the sign guage.
Old 7th August 2013, 10:03   #1241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its below the first flyover you encounter when you drive towards Hosur from Bngalore. Thats the reason, when you are coming from Chennai side you wont notice the sign guage.
The big flyover at the Hosur town? The one immediately after bus stand and the left turn towards Palacode/Rayakkotah while coming from Krishnagiri? So we have to go below the flyover and take a right turn towards Bagalur?
Old 7th August 2013, 10:21   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
The big flyover at the Hosur town? The one immediately after bus stand and the left turn towards Palacode/Rayakkotah while coming from Krishnagiri? So we have to go below the flyover and take a right turn towards Bagalur?
Yes the same one. Just after the Rayakottai/Palacode road junction keep left, don't the flyover and get into the service road. The Bagalur road is the one goes right from the next junction just before the bus stand. The Gmap link is there: http://goo.gl/maps/d5PbO
On busy timings I have seen this junction is closed fot taking the right turn, in that case go straight and cross the bus stand, near the bus stand exit there is an opening to take the u-turn. Take a u-turn and turn left towards Bagalur.

Last edited by denver85 : 7th August 2013 at 10:23. Reason: More Details
denver85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 13:29   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
It was such an anticlimax. I missed the turn at Hosur towards Bagalur (took the flyover instead of the road underneath).
LOL! You know when man(in this case TBHP!) proposes, nature has other plans! Anyway glad it all worked out.

It's quite easy to miss this turn in the flow of traffic. I have missed it sometimes earlier, but now I have identified that as soon as I cross the first signal(the one where you will see a petrol pump to your left), I have to take the service road of the next flyover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
On busy timings I have seen this junction is closed fot taking the right turn, in that case go straight and cross the bus stand, near the bus stand exit there is an opening to take the u-turn. Take a u-turn and turn left towards Bagalur.
Actually, I think the right turn is permanently closed now. I remember even during off-peak hours, I was not allowed to make right. Anyway, will check during my next trip.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 13:37   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Actually, I think the right turn is permanently closed now. I remember even during off-peak hours, I was not allowed to make right. Anyway, will check during my next trip.
Not sure about this. Last Sunday when I took Bagalur route to go towards Denenikottai, I was able to take right from Bagalur road to go towards Check post at this junction. For more clear picture this is what I am saying about: http://goo.gl/maps/u70qL. It was around 8 AM and the right turn to Bagalur road was also not blocked.
Old 7th August 2013, 13:42   #1245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
Not sure about this. Last Sunday when I took Bagalur route to go towards Denenikottai, I was able to take right from Bagalur road to go towards Check post at this junction. For more clear picture this is what I am saying about: http://goo.gl/maps/u70qL. It was around 8 AM and the right turn to Bagalur road was also not blocked.
I think what he might have meant is :

- You can take a right below the flyover when you coming from Bangalore side.
- When you coming from Chennai side, you cannot (I presume) go below the flyover to the left and take a right leading to NH207 (Bagalur road).
Best option in that case maybe to go over the flyover take a U-turn and come back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks