Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2013, 11:46   #1276
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Add another 5-10 for KR Puram thanks to slow moving traffic. But I would say it still is worth it. Once you cross ITPL, No traffic till Hosur.

Also which is the Jakkur path cross Nagavara? You mean hitting the Nagavara signal by Nagavara road (you come behind Manyata?). If yes I would say not worth it. Take the regular ORR.
Thanks. Will try this today and update. I was referring to the road which joins above the hennur underpass. But its not worth it for saving 5 minutes.
Old 29th August 2013, 12:01   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I will be coming from Sahakar nagar in north bangalore. Route i planned to take was Thindlu-Jalahalli-bagalkunte-hesarghatta cross- NICE road - Attibele-Hosur.
Someone I know once mentioned an alternative to that which goes NICE Road > Bannerghata Road > Anekal > Hosur. Apparently avoids all the troublesome spots between Hosur and Bangalore. Can't comment on road conditions etc.
Old 29th August 2013, 12:16   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Also which is the Jakkur path to cross Nagavara? You mean hitting the Nagavara signal by Nagavara road (you come behind Manyata?). If yes I would say not worth it. Take the regular ORR.
I think prabhu is referring to this route

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=s...via=2&t=m&z=14

I used to take take this route when the Veerannapalya flyover was under construction. This road has 4 lanes almost throughout and cannot exceed more than 30 min at any time of the day.
rohittunga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 12:34   #1279
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks. Will try this today and update. I was referring to the road which joins above the hennur underpass. But its not worth it for saving 5 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
I think prabhu is referring to this route
I used to take take this route when the Veerannapalya flyover was under construction. This road has 4 lanes almost throughout and cannot exceed more than 30 min at any time of the day.
Thanks. Now I get it. Its worth it I think. But dont how is Hennur road during day time.
Old 29th August 2013, 13:06   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Now I get it. Its worth it I think. But dont how is Hennur road during day time.
The road is good, in fact they plan to make this route an alternate route to connect to the Airport. So the road has a divider throughout and 4 lanes at most places. However, there is a small bottleneck that forms where all 4 lanes converges into a single lane as there is a railway over bridge. But that aside, its a relatively pleasant road to drive on.
rohittunga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2013, 12:05   #1281
BHPian

Had an eventful drive on Thursday. Thanks to crazy traffic took me 2.25 hrs from Sahakar nagar to hosur. Reached KR Puram in 30 minutes. Nagavara and TN border to hosur was cool. Worst was kR Puram to ITPL. Horrible. And to make matters interesting it rained like crazy from krishnagiri to velachery with visibility of 10 metres. Quite a drive. With 2 breaks took me 10 hrs to reach chennai.

Planning to return today afternoon. Starting from Saligramam by 2.30 PM. Hope the toll gates rush is manageable
Old 1st September 2013, 12:28   #1282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Planning to return today afternoon. Starting from Saligramam by 2.30 PM. Hope the toll gates rush is manageable
Prabhu, Extremely sorry that I asked you take that route.
What time were you at KR Puram ?

Never realised KR Puram to ITPL would be so bad. Mostly I thought KR Puram and Nagvara were the bottle necks. The day you asked about the route, that same day I passed KR Puram bottle neck in 10 minutes max at about 4PM. Also was the traffic beyond KR-Puram towards ITPL which was bad? Because again I thought in the evenings its the traffic towards Bangalore which is bad.

Sahakar Nagar to Hosur via Baglur is about 70km. I expect at least 1.5 hours instead of 2.5.

Last edited by ampere : 1st September 2013 at 12:31.
Old 1st September 2013, 12:35   #1283
BHPian

Quote:

Prabhu, Extremely sorry that I asked you take that route.
What time were you at KR Puram ?

Sahakar Nagar to Hosur via Baglur is about 70km. I expect at least 1.5 hours instead of 2.5.
Hey absolutely no problem. It's just bad luck. That's all. I think there was some work going on till iTPL. It was unusual. I was in KR Puram at 3.30. Also there was a huge pileup on highway too when I joined NH7. So I guess it would have taken so much time if I had taken normal route too. Thanks to Telengana protests I feel NH7 is more crowded these days.
Old 2nd September 2013, 10:05   #1284
BHPian

Return journey was relatively smoother. But overall I feel its not a pleasure doing BLR-MAA-BLR by road anymore for following reasons
1. Crossing hosur is a pain
2. long wait at krishnagiri toll gates in usual hours
3. Pothole ridden roads from Wallajah to poonamallee. The road will soon resemble Mars I feel.
4. Telengana crisis and risk of taking chitoor route.

Unless it is an emergency I feel its better to take the train. Sad actually.
Old 2nd September 2013, 10:32   #1285
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
+1
The only way you can make it good :

- If you take to read very early morning to beat to beat the Hosur/Krishnagiri traffic
- If you take Manimangalam/Oragadam route from Sriperumbudur instead of Poonamallee.
Old 3rd September 2013, 12:47   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Return journey was relatively smoother. But overall I feel its not a pleasure doing BLR-MAA-BLR by road anymore for following reasons
1. Crossing hosur is a pain
2. long wait at krishnagiri toll gates in usual hours
3. Pothole ridden roads from Wallajah to poonamallee. The road will soon resemble Mars I feel.
4. Telengana crisis and risk of taking chitoor route.

Though all the points you mentioned are valid, I think it's a case where all things that can possibly go wrong actually went wrong. It also depends on your start and finish times. With the 3 lanes completed for most parts between Hosur-Vellore it is quite enjoyable in those sections. Yes, it has changed a lot from the time I did my first BLR-CHN drive around 3 years back.
Old 3rd September 2013, 13:00   #1287
BHPian

I echo PRabhu's thoughts here. We left HSR Layout at 6:30 PM, reached Chennai by 1:45 AM.

Issue:
1.) Huge traffic jam near the under construction flyover following the attibele toll.
2.) Numerous diversion between hosur and krishnagiri stretch.
3.) Stretch between vellore and chennai was the most tiring to drive with numerous crater like potholes which were difficult to spot at night. Trucks, buses driving with high beams, amplified further by lack of sun films did not help our comfort levels .
Old 5th September 2013, 08:31   #1288
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I echo PRabhu's thoughts here. We left HSR Layout at 6:30 PM, reached Chennai by 1:45 AM.
I think there are only one way to do it in these times:

- Drive early morning (3/4 AM) and the beat trucks to Krishnagiri
- Dont think of stopping for food at Shoolagiri. Continue till Pallikonda and break at Aryas / CCD. Food is not that great compared to A2B, but you get peace of mind that you are past the madness.
- At Sriperumbudur, if destination is south Chennai take Manimangalam or Oragadam / Tambaram route. Because even if you start by 3 or 4 AM you will get into the Kanchi / Sriperumbudur-Chennai traffic at 8/9AM. So better to bypass it.

While returning :
Try taking Hosur-Bagalur-Sarjapur road option. Prabhu's post says traffic chokes at Whitefield. So if one is heading in that direction, be aware and look for alternatives. I still think NH207 is very good alternative to head to North Bangalore.
Old 6th September 2013, 07:40   #1289
BHPian

From my experience in the last year or so, 4.30 pm start from bangalore works out well mostly. This lets you avoid the madness in both the cities. The big problem is the work going on in hosur now.
Old 6th September 2013, 12:01   #1290
BHPian

Quote:
While returning :
Try taking Hosur-Bagalur-Sarjapur road option. Prabhu's post says traffic chokes at Whitefield. So if one is heading in that direction, be aware and look for alternatives. I still think NH207 is very good alternative to head to North Bangalore.
There are a couple of more alternatives -
1 -> Hosur -> Anekal (near TVS) -> Jigani
1 a -> Jigani - Bommasandra - Ecity (bypass attibele and chandapura)
1 b -> Jigani -> Bannerghatta -> Nice -> PES Link Road -> Nagarbhavi -> Yehwantpur (via orr)
1 c -> Jigani -> Bannerghatta -> Nice -> PES Link Road -> Chandra Layout -> West of Chord Road -> Malleswaram bridge -> Sadashivnagar

Crossing Sarjapur is a pain, sometimes traffic gets stuck there in those narrow lanes and there is nothing you can do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks