Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:45   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
NH4 update:
Road relaid in both directions between Sriperumbudur & Walajapet toll plazas: starts from Kanchipuram turn off and lasts almost the Walajapet toll plaza. BUT lane markers / shoulders have not been painted. Great road during the day - please be careful during the night where idiots with headlamp wattages competing with tyre sizes can blind you.
I made a quick trip to Bangalore last week, the roads have been re-laid in patches, and as you rightly mentioned the lanes & shoulders have not been marked in the stretches where the roads have been re-laid.

Also was pleasantly surprised to reach upto Madivala without any traffic jam during early morning peak hours. Took me only one and a half hours from Hosur to my office in M G road the other day.
Old 30th March 2009, 08:34   #137
BHPian

I made a trip to chennai from Hosur and back last weekend (28th-30th) on SX4. Markings on the road are still missing on the newly layed patches. Krishnagiri flyover was closed for traffic going to bangalore. I saw huge crowd looking down the bridge (near Arcot) with lots of scratch marks on the bridge and broken bridge wall do anybody know what happened?

I was exicted to spotted a fellow t-bhpian in black Safari (t-bhp sticket on the back windsheild) near Kanchipuram!

Last edited by mail4loys : 30th March 2009 at 08:35.
Old 30th March 2009, 10:12   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post

I was exicted to spotted a fellow t-bhpian in black Safari (t-bhp sticket on the back windsheild) near Kanchipuram!
Could be MaheshMenon. He frequents this road in his Black Safari.
Old 30th March 2009, 10:51   #139
BANNED

Krishnagiri flyover is extremely dangerous towards Bangalore - please stick to the extreme right lane. The side away from Bangalore is OK but still has one barricade carelessly strewn on the extreme left lane.
Old 30th March 2009, 20:09   #140
BHPian

One more thing that i noticed was, that the two wheeler traffic has increased drastically over the past few months and it is getting too risky to drive in the morning hours especially two wheelers occupying all lanes!
Old 31st March 2009, 12:25   #141
BHPian

Quote:
One more thing that i noticed was, that the two wheeler traffic has increased drastically over the past few months and it is getting too risky to drive in the morning hours especially two wheelers occupying all lanes!
Mail4Loys! are you talking of the stretch in Hosur? if so, I definately agree with you. I travel between Chennai (IT Highway) and Bangalore e-city atleast twice every month and I find that these are a few roadblocks
1. Poonamalee - Kanchipuram :Sand laden lorries or lorries rushing to get more sand
2. Krishnagiri-Hosur:Trucks overtaking each other with speeds of 2 - 5 KMPH relative of each other
3. Hosur outskirts till Ashok Leyland factory: Two wheelers taking all possible road space and not bothered to look into their mirros. Some dont even have them
4. Attibele - eCity: Private buses offloading passengers in the middle of the road not bothering about their safety. Not to forget the cabs they are all over the place.
Old 31st March 2009, 15:02   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Mail4Loys! are you talking of the stretch in Hosur?
3. Hosur outskirts till Ashok Leyland factory: Two wheelers taking all possible road space and not bothered to look into their mirros. Some dont even have them
Hosur was also in the list. Heavy 2 wheeler traffic are seen at

1)Sriperambadur : Rajiv Gandhi memorial till Nokia factory
2)Near Kanchipuram bypass
3)one way By-pass bridge Arcot
4) Vellor : 3 Flyovers
5) Ambur (Worst crossing !!)
6) Krishnagiri till Hosur : 2 wheelers racing down-hill
7) Hosur : Very dangerous 2-wheeler traffic! cutting all lanes

Also, now every small village that we cross in GQ has 50 as speed limit, so if something happened on the highway we will always be on fault
Old 31st March 2009, 16:04   #143
Senior - BHPian

Friday @ 1:00 pm we leave from Cooke Town, Blr.
@ 6:00 pm at Chetput railway station to drop 2 colleagues who came along.

Pretty uneventful drive. I dont get it how you guys keep track of every speed bump. Kudos to you guys.

As we passed Sriperambatur at 5ish. We hit the Nokia/Hyundai traffic. Those guys should go for professional Truck racing. Going at each other at 60 and 62 kmph. Frustrating when you want to maintain that 120.

The other annoying part was the uphill section near Hosur(?), where 2 lorries go at each other at 20 and 20.5kmph. No one is going faster than the other. Huge pile of vehicles waiting to overtake. Then you see the sign 'Trucks keep to left' / 'Overloaded trucks keep left'.

Chennai - Bangalore - Monday morning

5:05 Anna Nagar West
5:15 Kathipara (5 min stop at Krishnagiri for fuel)
8:30 Hosur (8:30 - 8.45 Breakfast)
9:30 Electronics City
11:00 Home

Note to self - Do NOT leave Chennai at around 5:00. Leave at 3:30am or 7:30am

I enjoyed both the highway drives. Averaging 120-130.
Certain Clear and clean sections were 140-160.

Quote:
I made a trip to chennai from Hosur and back last weekend (28th-30th) on SX4. Markings on the road are still missing on the newly layed patches. Krishnagiri flyover was closed for traffic going to bangalore. I saw huge crowd looking down the bridge (near Arcot) with lots of scratch marks on the bridge and broken bridge wall do anybody know what happened?
What day/time were you there? I saw the flyover going towards Chennai closed. I did not notice the flyover broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
Could be MaheshMenon. He frequents this road in his Black Safari.
The only Safari I saw was a white one which kept zipping through the Tolls. Payment was just some very respectful salutes from the guards at the Tolls.

Traffic was quite slim at the time I was on the GQ, was expecting to see some nice fast cars (if not some Tbhp cars), to make the drive interesting. Not One :(
Old 31st March 2009, 16:09   #144
BANNED

Saw a moron do a top-speed test on a Yamaha R15 on Sunday night. No helmet.

Edit: A red Audi TT (?) was spotted on Friday afternoon going towards Bangalore

Last edited by hrag : 31st March 2009 at 16:13.
Old 31st March 2009, 16:17   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post

What day/time were you there? I saw the flyover going towards Chennai closed. I did not notice the flyover broken.
I dont remember the exact time but it should be around 1:00PM in the afternoon. The same incident was noticed by MaheshMenon and is reported in the accidents thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1238596-post2001.html
Old 9th April 2009, 12:07   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Only 2 car-breakers have been reduced in intensity on the stretch between Sarjapura Circle & junction of Sarjapura Road - Varthur Road (NH207, not the road from Marathahalli junction towards Whitefield).
------------------------
Good news is the stretch of NH207 along Varthur Kere (lake) now has streetlamps.
Can some one tell me the CURRENT (9th April 2009) status of the Whitefield - Varthur - Sarjapur Road - Attibele stretch, with respect to speedbreakers ?

Thanks.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:25   #147
BANNED

Please don't take a Civic on this route. Hosur Road is improving with every passing day - take the ORR to Silk Board and go down Hosur Road.
Old 9th April 2009, 13:01   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Please don't take a Civic on this route. Hosur Road is improving with every passing day - take the ORR to Silk Board and go down Hosur Road.
Thanks for the timely info.

Related to the menace of speedbreakers / other traffic issues, I have posted a suggestion under 'India Traffic Authority' in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...forcement.html

Need the team's feedback / suggestions on that.
Old 9th April 2009, 19:59   #149
BHPian

Quote:

Yes I was "ME" !!! But does your car have the Team BHP sticker??? I try to look around for fellow BHP'ians while on the drive. May be I missed you.

Regarding the Arcot Bridge Accident, it just happened a couple of minutes before I passed. I saw your reply in "Accidents in India" thread but didn't realise that you took the same route.

I do that route weekly so feel free to flag me down next time
Old 13th April 2009, 11:16   #150
Senior - BHPian

While going from Bangy - Chennai, there is a new HP Dhabba coming up couple of Kms before the BP GHAR in Chinnar. It also comes with a Cafe Day joints. I notice that the food joints in these section is on the increase.

I wish they increase the number of booth in the Toll

Almost every sunday while returning, need to wait in long queue with so many guys heading back from vacation/home or whatever...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks