Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 14:29   #211
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
There is a problem here, even I have felt the very irregular/rough patches when nearing Chennai, the ride is very bumpy on the stretch till vellore..
I think I know, what you guys are talking off. When you near Chennai, you will NH4 having some of bumps.The issue is that in some areas the road is not uniformly tarred near some village area. E.g. even in front of Hyundai factories. But that I guess that is not a big problem at all. You will see problem if you are driving at 90-100 kind of speeds. But nearing these areas, you wont be able to do that any way, as traffic increases quite a bit.

Another thing is that I at least I have not felt it when you are driving from Chennai to BLR, but will feel it the other way round. At least that was my feeling. But still, the overall road is fantastic.
Old 11th February 2010, 16:28   #212

Hi folks,

Any idea on the recent road conditions from Bangalore to Sholinghur via Chitoor and Ranipet?
This would be my first long distance travel in my new car and I just want it to be a pleasant one
Old 11th February 2010, 18:01   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdeesh View Post
Hi folks,

Any idea on the recent road conditions from Bangalore to Sholinghur via Chitoor and Ranipet?
This would be my first long distance travel in my new car and I just want it to be a pleasant one
Since it would be your first long distance travel in a new car I would suggest you take up the GQ via Hosur - Krishnagiri - Vellore - Arcot just after you cross the Palar Bridge you would find the detour for Ranipet. It is certainly longer but would be a more peaceful drive as compared to the one via Chittoor & Kolar.
Old 11th February 2010, 18:25   #214
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdeesh View Post
You can go on NH 7 via Hosur, have your car tank filled in BP COCO retail outlet with A2B at Chinnar located on your left on NH 7 before Krishnagiri toll plaza, at Krishnagiri bypass, go below the second flyover and turn to your left to join NH 46, Vellore, Melvisharam and Ranipettai to reach Sholingur. The road is excellent in NH 7 and 46 stretch [upto Ranipettai]. I do not know about the remaining small stretch.

Bon voyage.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 11th February 2010 at 18:27.

Old 11th February 2010, 19:39   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
But still, the overall road is fantastic.
Thanks for all the feedback - planning to go to Madras during the last week of this month.
Old 12th February 2010, 09:03   #216

@pypkmsrikanth and J.Ravi

Thanks a lot.

Even I had initially planned to take the Road via Hosur and Krishnagiri, but then thought why not go via chitoor and come back via Krishnagiri unless the roads via Chitoor are really bad.

-Jagdeesh
Old 15th February 2010, 12:07   #217
BHPian

New Bangalore - Madras Road?

See this: New Chennai-Bangalore road to cut 100 kms - Chennai - City - The Times of India
Old 15th February 2010, 16:06   #218
Senior - BHPian

This is a non starter. The shortest route between Chennai & Bangalore is through V Kota, Gudiyattam which would be around 300 kms. Unless and until they are going to build a straight line road between the two cities the distance would never come down by 100 kms.
Old 15th February 2010, 21:49   #219
Senior - BHPian

How can it be 250km? Like Srikanth says, you got to lay a Straight line road and that's almost impossible. The terrain is not exactly conducive for it. NH4 via Chitoor is shorter by 30 kms compared to the GQ route. Its 320 kms. To knock of another 70 kms and that too by not using the GQ is impossible.

Atleast till Ranipet they got to use the same route and even if they eliminate all the curves and bends, they would probably save 10 kms at a max. That's like 100 kms till Ranipet. From Ranipet to Bangalore in 150 kms? Well I'm just imagining possibilities. Dunno where Times picks up these kind of news!!
Old 16th February 2010, 13:49   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
This is a non starter. The shortest route between Chennai & Bangalore is through V Kota, Gudiyattam which would be around 300 kms. Unless and until they are going to build a straight line road between the two cities the distance would never come down by 100 kms.
Amen ! The "as the crow flies" distance between Chennai & Bangalore is ~287 Kms ("great circle" distance computed from latitude & longitude of both cities).

Unless they intend to create a worm-hole this thing isn't happening ! I wish the journalists of our times exercised at least basic diligence before publishing stuff...
Old 16th February 2010, 15:58   #221
BHPian

not wondering if it would be 250 , 300 or 350 km would it not be wise for the govt. to spend the huge sum of money to build some good roads for places that dont have any like near the Mangalore region.
Old 16th February 2010, 19:36   #222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaops View Post
not wondering if it would be 250 , 300 or 350 km would it not be wise for the govt. to spend the huge sum of money to build some good roads for places that dont have any like near the Mangalore region.
You stole my words. I was about to say the same, when I saw your post. Aptly said. Don't know why these folks never tend to understand where to invest the already scanty resources that we have !
Old 17th February 2010, 17:23   #223
BHPian

Quote:
You stole my words. I was about to say the same, when I saw your post. Aptly said. Don't know why these folks never tend to understand where to invest the already scanty resources that we have !
I think its the political clout that prevails over the common sense in these decisions..
Old 17th February 2010, 17:24   #224
BHPian

Quote:
I think its the political clout that prevails over the common sense in these decisions.
Old 18th February 2010, 08:19   #225
BHPian

NH Numbers to Change

See National highway numbers to change, stretches to be longer - India - The Times of India

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks