Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2012, 16:51   #661
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
On the Chennai bypass, the route from vandalur towards kelambakkam (and ECR) is full of pot-holes, and is best taken at ~40kph.
Actually the Vandalur-Kelambakkam stretch isn't a part of the bypass. I guess the lack of maintenance is 'cos of the lack of usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
My favourite timing: leave my Bangalore [Basaveswara Nagar] home by 11:30 pm and arrive my Chennai [Royapettah] home by 5:00 am. All trouble-makers, protestors, road-blockers and anti-social elements will be fast asleep and won't be on the road to trouble me.
I agree, leaving after 10pm solves the traffic problems. Once left Yeshwantpur aroun 930pm and reached T. Nagar, Madras by 240am. This was with 3 breaks totalling 40 min and I barely needed to cross 90 the entire stretch.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 20:03   #662
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I cannot drive at night any more especially on our roads here in India. I get headaches and get dazzled badly by lights from oncoming traffic. Unfortunate, but I ve got to do the early morning buzz!

Quote:
My favourite timing: leave my Bangalore [Basaveswara Nagar] home by 11:30 pm and arrive my Chennai [Royapettah] home by 5:00 am. All trouble-makers, protestors, road-blockers and anti-social elements will be fast asleep and won't be on the road to trouble me.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 20:34   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My favourite timing: leave my Bangalore [Basaveswara Nagar] home by 11:30 pm and arrive my Chennai [Royapettah] home by 5:00 am.
The few times I have entered Bangalore from the south side between 11PM and midnight, I have seen a huge pileup of trucks blocking the entire road for several kilometres going the other way (entering TN) at Attibele/Hosur - checkpost backlog. Is this routine or I just happened along on days things were bad?
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 08:22   #664
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I have seen a huge pileup of trucks blocking the entire road for several kilometres going the other way (entering TN) at Attibele/Hosur - checkpost backlog. Is this routine
I too had similar harrowing experience sometimes but not always. IMO, Karnataka CP at Attibele is the best in India with sprawling truck terminal making the highway totally free of truck-parking resulting in smooth flow of traffic at all times. A few decades back, crossing Attibele CP towards Bangalore used to be a nightmare especially in the small hours of the day. Not any more.

On the contrary, crossing TN CP at Zuzuwadi, Hosur, still continues to be tricky with the entire service road and most the highway occupied by trucks in the night. Sometimes, the truckers leave at least one lane on the highway to other vehicles. If I am unlucky, the entire highway will get blocked resulting in total chaos.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 18th January 2012 at 08:28.

Old 18th January 2012, 09:16   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too had similar harrowing experience sometimes but not always. IMO, Karnataka CP at Attibele is the best in India with sprawling truck terminal making the highway totally free of truck-parking resulting in smooth flow of traffic at all times.
I was talking of the TN checkpost at Hosur - the problem would have been for traffic exiting KA (BLR). I agree that the KA checkpost at Attibele is a great one (AP too I think have some well-designed ones - Tada, for example).
Old 19th January 2012, 07:58   #666
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

As of yesterday, the stretch between BaluChetty Chatram and Poonamallee - coming from Bangalore upto Madras is full of road surface damage and medium potholes. These are extremely irritating as they beat the hell out of one's performance tyres and cause the vehicle to shake rattle and roll over them at speeds.
This is basically after the Walajahpet Toll Gate all the way to Chennai - the roads are uneven and really need to be repaired.
I dont think it is fair on L&T's part to charge a heavy toll for such road quality. They need to do something about it.
I understand this has been the situation for the last 6 months and nothing has so far been done!
Old 21st January 2012, 10:03   #667
BHPian

Hello Pals,

I'm travelling to Chennai tomorrow morning. This is my first self drive to Chennai by Swift Vxi. Actually I've to visit Annanagar West for finalising one PG. This place is 4km away from Ambattur - TCS training center. Now
my rqst to you all is - I was told that I've take a left turn before the flyover which goes to Koyambedu. May I know where excatly I've to take left turn? any early land marks would be helpful, so that I can be prepared to take left. Or is it that I've to take Amabttur & then enter Annanagar West. Since I don't 've any clues on these routes I rqst for your advises.
Though I never travelled on this route. I'm familier & likes high way drive.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st January 2012, 17:22   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSUDA View Post
Hello Pals,

I was told that I've take a left turn before the flyover which goes to Koyambedu. May I know where excatly I've to take left turn? any early land marks would be helpful, so that I can be prepared to take left. Or is it that I've to take Amabttur & then enter Annanagar West.
For reaching anna nagar west, come straight and join the 100ft road in Koyembedu. Then take left and proceed to anna nagar west. Dont go via ambattur, that will be a long route
Old 21st January 2012, 17:41   #669
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My Linea did Chennai - Bangalore last evening. Crossing Porur junction at 5 pm was a breeze. Chennai city roads' potholes were patched up.

Any further updates on Porur road junction. So does it mean its better to take the Porur road from Kathipara to NH4?
Traffic should be OK if one is on a weekend ?
Old 21st January 2012, 17:59   #670
BHPian

Hi Marlon,

Is this 100ft Rd K/bedu is after crossing the big flyover or just before it.
I was googling & found a left turn (Pillayar Kovil st which joins Jawaharlal Nehru Rd -> Tirumanaglam.

Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 23:46   #671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Any further updates on Porur road junction. So does it mean its better to take the Porur road from Kathipara to NH4?
Traffic should be OK if one is on a weekend ?
Not much of options available from Kathipara as such. Porur junction should be ok. It will be less crowded on weekends. Only for those who start from Tambaram have the difficulty in reaching the NH4 .
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 08:27   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Not much of options available from Kathipara as such. Porur junction should be ok. It will be less crowded on weekends. Only for those who start from Tambaram have the difficulty in reaching the NH4 .
People who start from Tambaram should be taking the Chennai Bypass > Maduravoyal Interchange > Poonamallee Bypass, which is much shorter, though having a Rs. 30 toll. I myself have switched to this route (going to ECR) until the metro mess at Guindy/Kathipara is sorted out, at least
Old 7th February 2012, 10:26   #673
BHPian

Hi friends. I need to travel to Chennai from Bangalore this week. I prefer to travel through Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri NH roads only and not through Old Madras Road and Palamaneer side. Please give me the best route. Also if i need to reach Ambattur which side of Chennai i should enter. Absolutely no ideas . Please help!. Also when i visited chennai via bus last time, i had to stay in a worst hotel in Ambattur. Which are the good areas around for good stay.

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th February 2012, 11:09   #674
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Thanks in advance.
Take the NH4 bypass beyond Ponamalle and latch on to the NH45 by-pass.
That would take you to Ambattur.

Here is route link

No idea about hotels there.

Last edited by ampere : 7th February 2012 at 11:11.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 11:50   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Take the NH4 bypass beyond Ponamalle and latch on to the NH45 by-pass.
That would take you to Ambattur.

Here is route link

No idea about hotels there.
It means after Walajpet will the NH4 directly take me to Ponnamalle high road. I need to know at which junction(name of the junction) i should turn left to reach Ambattur.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks