Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2012, 07:55   #781
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
Apologies if this has been answered before, but is there any excellent place to have South Indian breakfast at Hosur?
There is a very good South Indian restaurant inside the market street (next to the Hosur bus stand). You need to go below the flyover when going from Bangalore to Hosur (landmark for the bus station is the blue coloured fibre glass sheets on the roof). Below the flyover you will see the road to the right, it will be crowded so better to walk there but since you're planning to be on bikes you're good Once on this road hardly about 50metres inside you will see the restaurant to your right side. Sorry can't seem to remember the name!
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 12:45   #782
BHPian

@Joecherian

Best way to reach navalur would be,

Bangalore -> Hosur -> Kancheepuram -> Chengalpet -> Vandalur -> Kelambakkam -> Navalur

Kancheepuram to Chengalpet is a well laid state highway. Its around 40 kms from Kancheepuram to Chengalpet. Minimal traffic.

In this route , you will have to enter kancheepuram, that might take some 15 minutes to enter and exit.

Welcome to Chennai
ajay2233 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 13:13   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay2233 View Post
@Joecherian

Best way to reach navalur would be,

Bangalore -> Hosur -> Kancheepuram -> Chengalpet -> Vandalur -> Kelambakkam -> Navalur

Kancheepuram to Chengalpet is a well laid state highway. Its around 40 kms from Kancheepuram to Chengalpet. Minimal traffic.

In this route , you will have to enter kancheepuram, that might take some 15 minutes to enter and exit.

Welcome to Chennai
@Ajay : Are you suggesting this route due to any specific reason?

I think the straight route is Bangalore -> Hosur -> (Take right @) Nokia Sriperumpudur -> (Take left @) Oragadam -> Vandalur -> kelambakkam -> Navalur.

Nokia Sriperumpudur to Oragadam is part of Sriperumpudur to Singaperumal koil road (two way separated road mostly till Oragadam). So as, Oragadam to Vandalur. (which is part of Tambaram to Kancheepuram road)
Old 28th April 2012, 00:15   #784
BHPian

Quote:
I took this route last April. Kancheepuram to Oragadam road had practically only bumps / pot holes. Is this stretch good now?
Old 28th April 2012, 08:47   #785
BHPian

@vizay,
Oragadam to vandalur via singaperumal koil is not yet fully laid. especially the stretch from oragadam to singaperumal koil is a single track in most parts. loads of construction activity is going on in that stretch. so, i suggested to take the road from kancheepuram - chengalpet and from there you can take the GST road onto vandalur. This road has much lesser traffic and is a very shady route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizay View Post
@Ajay : Are you suggesting this route due to any specific reason?

I think the straight route is Bangalore -> Hosur -> (Take right @) Nokia Sriperumpudur -> (Take left @) Oragadam -> Vandalur -> kelambakkam -> Navalur.

Nokia Sriperumpudur to Oragadam is part of Sriperumpudur to Singaperumal koil road (two way separated road mostly till Oragadam). So as, Oragadam to Vandalur. (which is part of Tambaram to Kancheepuram road)
@babu.sundaram,
I am suggesting the route from kancheepuram to chengalpet via walajabad, palur. This is State Highway 58
The oragadam road is better than last year but still not very good. its still a bumpy road from oragadam to singaperumal koil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babu.sundaram View Post
I took this route last April. Kancheepuram to Oragadam road had practically only bumps / pot holes. Is this stretch good now?
Old 28th April 2012, 09:01   #786
BHPian

thanks Ajay. so will stick to the kanjipuram-chengalpet route as suggested by you.
Old 30th April 2012, 14:07   #787
BHPian

Quote:
@vizay,
Oragadam to vandalur via singaperumal koil is not yet fully laid. especially the stretch from oragadam to singaperumal koil is a single track in most parts. loads of construction activity is going on in that stretch. so, i suggested to take the road from kancheepuram - chengalpet and from there you can take the GST road onto vandalur. This road has much lesser traffic and is a very shady route.

Oragadam to vandalur is not via singaperumal koil. Unless you want specifically drive 15 more Kms.
While coming from Sriperumpudur @Oragadam, you take left to reach Vandalur directly via Padappai. (17 kms) This road is very good and you reach GST in mins.
Old 30th April 2012, 14:46   #788
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oragadam to vandalur is not via singaperumal koil. Unless you want specifically drive 15 more Kms.
While coming from Sriperumpudur @Oragadam, you take left to reach Vandalur directly via Padappai. (17 kms) This road is very good and you reach GST in mins.
I read somewhere on this forum that there is a railway over bridge under construction at Vandalur
which was causing lot of pain reaching to GST? If yes, what is the status of that bridge?

EDIT:

Last I read was this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2534266

Last edited by ampere : 30th April 2012 at 14:50.
Old 30th April 2012, 14:56   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I read somewhere on this forum that there is a railway over bridge under construction at Vandalur
which was causing lot of pain reaching to GST? If yes, what is the status of that bridge?
It's completed. Elevated bridge with circle on top. (I think 3 months back)

Similar to the one in Tambaram but only 3 sides. (2 on either side of GST and one towards Oragadam)

Yes. Before this Vandalur flyover was done, I used to take a left somewhere in between Oragadam to Vandalur road and reach Tambaram via mudichur. mostly stuck behind a city bus.
Vizay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 15:03   #790
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It's completed. Elevated bridge with circle on top. (I think 3 months back)

Similar to the one in Tambaram but only 3 sides. (2 on either side of GST and one towards Oragadam)

Yes. Before this Vandalur flyover was done, I used to take a left somewhere in between Oragadam to Vandalur road and reach Tambaram via mudichur. mostly stuck behind a city bus.
Thanks for that. This is really a good news. I think this is one of the best options to hit GST from NH4/46 GQ
(Apart Kanchi/Chengalpet). Vandalur/Oragaddam is 6-lane right?

How is the traffic here given the fact that its an industrial sector?

Last edited by ampere : 30th April 2012 at 15:04.
Old 30th April 2012, 15:15   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
Apologies if this has been answered before, but is there any excellent place to have South Indian breakfast at Hosur?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
There is a very good South Indian restaurant inside the market street (next to the Hosur bus stand). You need to go below the flyover when going from Bangalore to Hosur (landmark for the bus station is the blue coloured fibre glass sheets on the roof). Below the flyover you will see the road to the right, it will be crowded so better to walk there but since you're planning to be on bikes you're good Once on this road hardly about 50metres inside you will see the restaurant to your right side. Sorry can't seem to remember the name!
That place is called VASAVI Restaurant, Tasty but dingy place... The name is around for over 35 years IIRC, this place is up and running since last 10.

'Anand Bhavan' just beside the FlyOver Ramp ENTRY (From Bangalore side) is a good place, a little beyond AnandBhavan you have 2 more decent hotels namely saravana bhavan (ground floor of renaissance hotel, a local version, not the chennai one), 'Arusuvai' (basement), and 2 more lesser known places.

---------

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
There are two options

1. take right after NOKIA towards ORAGADAM/VALLAM,you can ask for Renault Nissan road once you NOKIA and people will guide you,once you reach oragadam junction (say around 5-8kms after taking right) you will see apollo tyres in your left and you need to take left there and travel 15-20km and you will reach vandalur GST road from there you take left and reach tambaram.

Here is the link for maphttp://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr=...ra=ls&t=m&z=12

Enjoy the drive !
I tried this route a month back and found this short too. In about 30 mins I covered tambaram-sriperambadur and this saved me a hell lot of city traffic time!!

http://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr=...ra=ls&t=m&z=12

Last edited by svsantosh : 30th April 2012 at 15:22.
svsantosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 15:37   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thanks for that. This is really a good news. I think this is one of the best options to hit GST from NH4/46 GQ
(Apart Kanchi/Chengalpet). Vandalur/Oragaddam is 6-lane right?

How is the traffic here given the fact that its an industrial sector?
The stretch is not 6 lane. Planned as 4 lane. Some places (~2-3 kms of this 17 km stretch), It becomes 2 lane without divider. A small stretch near padappai and when you near Vandalur. Otherwise divided 2 lane each side at the least.

Traffic is not much. But can't match highway speed due to mix of everything - People movement, bikes, lorries, city bus, cows. But a lot better than coming into city from Siriperumpudur & hitting GST.
Old 30th April 2012, 17:36   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
I tried this route a month back and found this short too. In about 30 mins I covered tambaram-sriperambadur and this saved me a hell lot of city traffic time!!

Nokia India (P) Ltd to Tambaram, Tamil Nadu - Google Maps
How's that road (SH110) now ? When I tried it about a year ago, the stretch between the turnoff from SH113 till Mudichur via Manimangalam was in absolute shambles, and it took me more than 45 minutes to cover that 12-13 kms. When you say 30 minutes for the whole distance, the road must have improved quite a bit I'd think !
Old 1st May 2012, 22:06   #794
Senior - BHPian

Anyone with first-hand experience of the traffic situation between Krishnagiri and Hosur during the morning hours (8AM-11AM)? Planning to drive back from Chennai to Bangalore on Sunday; but don't want to get stuck in this stretch. 6-laning work means that there are places where the road is only one lane in each direction, so I am assuming there will be long tailbacks.
Old 1st May 2012, 22:27   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Anyone with first-hand experience of the traffic situation between Krishnagiri and Hosur during the morning hours (8AM-11AM)? Planning to drive back from Chennai to Bangalore on Sunday; but don't want to get stuck in this stretch. 6-laning work means that there are places where the road is only one lane in each direction, so I am assuming there will be long tailbacks.

6 laning is slowing down traffic. But importantly lot of diversions, leading to two way traffic on a single lane but no tailbacks as yet. Not in mornings but in evenings. Travelled to chennai sunday and returned today.
Ford5 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed