Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2013, 13:49   #1246
RGP
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
... Or there seems to be a Gunjur-Panathur-ORR route. That one? Anything to avoid Hosur, Attibele & Silk Board...
Gunjur-Panathur road is not in good shape but drivable. One advantage is there is a overbridge for the rail line so you don't have to wait at a crossing.
Old 7th August 2013, 14:05   #1247
J.Ravi

Yesterday, I rode solo on my Thunderbird 500 from Chennai to Bangalore. There was a police sub-inspector at the junction of NH 4 and NH 46 near the Chennasamudram toll plaza. I asked him as to whether I could have a safe ride via Chittoor in view of anti-Telangana agitation. He advised me to go via Krishnagiri and Hosur and I followed his advice. I passed through the inter-state border at Zuzuwadi/Attibele without any problem of traffic jams at 8 pm last night. More details are here.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 7th August 2013 at 14:06.
  (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 18:00   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
Not sure about this. http://goo.gl/maps/u70qL. It was around 8 AM and the right turn to Bagalur road was also not blocked.
Like I said I do not remember exactly if there was a barricade of some sorts to block the right turn. I'll check next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think what he might have meant is :

- You can take a right below the flyover when you coming from Bangalore side.
- When you coming from Chennai side, you cannot (I presume) go below the flyover to the left and take a right leading to NH207 (Bagalur road).
Best option in that case maybe to go over the flyover take a U-turn and come back.
Thanks @ampere for clarifying. Yes that is what I meant exactly.

But you don't have to go up the flyover. You could take the service road, not take the right turn at the junction, but proceed a little further and just in front of the bus stand you will see a U-turn. This will put you back on the other side of service road and you can take the left to Bagalur from there.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 16:13   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Yesterday, I rode solo on my Thunderbird 500 from Chennai to Bangalore. There was a police sub-inspector at the junction of NH 4 and NH 46 near the Chennasamudram toll plaza. I asked him as to whether I could have a safe ride via Chittoor in view of anti-Telangana agitation. He advised me to go via Krishnagiri and Hosur and I followed his advice. I passed through the inter-state border at Zuzuwadi/Attibele without any problem of traffic jams at 8 pm last night. More details are here.
Thanks for the update J.Ravi. Tomorrow morning i plan to drive down to Madras. As I stay in C.V.Raman Nagar, i usually tend to take NH4 via chittoor route by starting very early. But now after reading your update, i better stick to GQ and skip chittoor route this time.

I expect huge traffic moving out of bangalore tomorrow morning towards Krishnagiri route, but hope i don't get get stuck in long queues in all toll plazas! Timing & Luck matters

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 17:52   #1250
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Tomorrow morning i plan to drive down to Madras.
My Linea will be going from Chennai to Bangalore tomorrow night via Krishnagiri/Hosur in view of anti-Telangana stir.

Old 9th August 2013, 17:57   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. During peak hours it does create bottle necks on that route. Esp near the railway station and railway crossing. Even during weekends, I have experienced traffic choke on that section.
Hello,

What is the status of the Chennai ORR?

Someone told me that one can travel from Vandalur to Nemillichery, without any hitches, on it.

Last edited by skdking : 9th August 2013 at 18:00.
Old 9th August 2013, 18:07   #1252
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello Ampere,

What is the status of the ORR?

Someone told me that one can travel from Vandalur to Nemillichery, without any hitches, on it.
I am a bit confused here.

ORR which I refer to is Bangalore ORR and the station in question is Carmelaram in Sarjapur. And I presume you were referring to Vandalur in Chennai.

EDIT : I saw your edited post on Chennai ORR. I have no idea!

Last edited by ampere : 9th August 2013 at 18:15.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 21:54   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
I am a bit confused here.

ORR which I refer to is Bangalore ORR and the station in question is Carmelaram in Sarjapur. And I presume you were referring to Vandalur in Chennai.

EDIT : I saw your edited post on Chennai ORR. I have no idea!
Haha. My apologies for the mix-up.

Can someone please guide me about the status of Chennai ORR.
Old 10th August 2013, 13:39   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone please guide me about the status of Chennai ORR.
Which is Chennai ORR?
Did you mean the road from Sriperumbudur to Vandalur through Oragadam Padappai ?
If yes that road is in very good condition.
denver85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 15:13   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
Which is Chennai ORR?
Did you mean the road from Sriperumbudur to Vandalur through Oragadam Padappai ?
If yes that road is in very good condition.
It is a 400 ft road being developed from vandalur to minjur in phases.

Phase I to cover vandalur to nemilicherry, via nazarethpet.

Anyone with the status please?
Old 11th August 2013, 17:47   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone with the status please?
I think phase I is operational (vandalur to nazrathpet). I saw vehicles on this road when I was doing Vandalur-Oragadam few weeks back.
Old 11th August 2013, 21:16   #1257
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the Mcdonalds near shoolagiri opened 24 hours? Or any other joints in this stretch? I am planning to do a early morning start(from bangalore) by 2:00 AM next week and hence would like to have this information. I will be driving towards Kanyakumari/Nagercoil
Old 12th August 2013, 00:42   #1258
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried the route Chennai-Katpadi-Gudiyattam-Pernampattu-Mulbagal-Bangalore?
With road widening and construction is on with the regular routes, this may become a better alternative if the road condition is good. I am particularly interested to know the condition of road between Katpadi-Gudiyattam-Pernampattu-Mulbagal.
Old 12th August 2013, 07:45   #1259
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Has anyone tried the route Chennai-Katpadi-Gudiyattam-Pernampattu-Mulbagal-Bangalore?
With road widening and construction is on with the regular routes, this may become a better alternative if the road condition is good. I am particularly interested to know the condition of road between Katpadi-Gudiyattam-Pernampattu-Mulbagal.
I think many have tried that section.

Instead of driving via Katpadi,
- Drive on NH4 till Palikonda
- Exit here to Gudiyattam. And them drive till Mulbagal.

- Do note a small section between Gudiyattam to Venakatagirikota falls in AP region.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 08:03   #1260
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
I understand that a section of road from Venkatagirikota to Mulabagilu was not good as of last year. I don't know the present status. Plus, you have to drive through the towns and a busy railway level crossing. This route is not recommended for the night driving as it is deserted and the roads pass through forests. You can stick to Krishnagiri/Hosur route now until the anti-Telangana stir subsided. Then, you can have Chittoor/Kolar route if you want to avoid the bottleneck at Zuzuwadi/Attibele border. Please note that road-widening works are in progress from Mulabagilu to KA-AP border too.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 12th August 2013 at 08:20.
  (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks