Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2013, 21:43   #1321
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Hi Guys,

First of all sorry for posting in the wrong thread. I just couldn't locate he appropriate thread. We - a family of 4 adults - would be travelling to Chennai during the first week of December.

What I wanted to ask was, if I were to plan a good family holiday what all places should I include to visit? We will be having around 5 days with us and i will be having a rental car to take us around. Does 3 days in Mahabalipuram, 1 day in Puducherry and 1 in Chennai sound good? Many Thanks!
Old 30th September 2013, 07:37   #1322
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
What I wanted to ask was, if I were to plan a good family holiday what all places should I include to visit? We will be having around 5 days with us and i will be having a rental car to take us around. Does 3 days in Mahabalipuram, 1 day in Puducherry and 1 in Chennai sound good? Many Thanks!

3 days is too much. You can do Mahabalipuram I guess in a day and head to Pondicherry, where you can spend a couple of days.
Old 3rd October 2013, 16:07   #1323
BHPian

I have to travel to Bangalore on Sunday 6th , Oct. Return is planned for Monday 7th October (around 6 PM). Few questions
1. For onward journey I plan to start at 8 AM. Need to know how long will it take via Hosur and via Chitoor. I have work on eCity as well as Banaswadi and can plan based on whichever route I take. I will be starting from around Medavakkam and plan to take Vandalur, Manimangalam, Sriperumbadur route to reach NH4.
2. The return will be at around 5:30 - 6 PM in electronic City. Have no choice but to take Hosur road. How long would you think it would take. Can I make to Chennai before 12 Midnight?
Old 3rd October 2013, 16:29   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Need to know how long will it take via Hosur and via Chitoor
DWind, Both the routes takes almost the same time(+/- 15 mins) barring your pit stops/breaks. The difference is that Chitoor route may have tolls while Hosur route has quite a few tolls. See the map below. I can suggest that you take Hosur route for your onward journey, complete your work @ E-City and then proceed to Banaswadi which can be reached via ORR without getting into the city

Quote:
The return will be at around 5:30 - 6 PM in electronic City. Have no choice but to take Hosur road. How long would you think it would take. Can I make to Chennai before 12 Midnight?
You can directly reach NH4 (Chitoor HW) from Banaswadi and it is one straight road till Chennai. If possible, plan to leave early from Banaswadi as the traffic at KR Puram would be high. Probably, BHP-ians staying around KR Puram can guide you on the traffic situation.

Cheers!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-chennai_bangyroute.jpg  

AutoAficionado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 19:00   #1325
BHPian

Thanks But is there an issue with taking the Chittoor Route for onward journey due to Telengana protests? Return start is from E-City so no choice but Hosur only.
Old 3rd October 2013, 19:10   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Thanks But is there an issue with taking the Chittoor Route for onward journey due to Telengana protests?
Though not sure when the protests may happen, you can check the below link for the latest updates by BHP-ians who have travelled.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ittoor-12.html

Better to be on the safe side, I suggest you take the Hosur road both ways in order to avoid unnecessary tensions.

Cheers!!!!!!!
Old 3rd October 2013, 19:39   #1327
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks But is there an issue with taking the Chittoor Route for onward journey due to Telengana protests? Return start is from E-City so no choice but Hosur only.
Usually not a problem for private vehicles but you can never say, you will be taking a chance. I know of 2 trips by some friends recently, one had to return and the other did not have issues.
Also see @ravib's recent post, he did not have any issues - link.

Last edited by NPV : 3rd October 2013 at 19:48.
Old 3rd October 2013, 22:56   #1328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Usually not a problem for private vehicles but you can never say, you will be taking a chance. I know of 2 trips by some friends recently, one had to return and the other did not have issues.
Also see @ravib's recent post, he did not have any issues - link.
True, as NPV mentioned, i didn't had any problems but that was 2 weeks back. However, considering today's political development, better stick to GQ both ways and completely avoid NH4 for time being. The main reason is, so far in last two months the protests were peaceful and there were no single report about any violence due to agitations. But from today, since cabinet approved Telengana state with HYD as common capital for next 10 years, violent protests started in multiple places in AP. So no idea how the situation is in NH4 especially near Palamaner & Chittoor area.

So to be on Safer side, better stick to GQ and travel via Hosur route in both ways. And one more correction to what @AutoAficionado mentioned regarding tolls. Chittoor route has only 2 tolls as of now that too only in GQ 4L road, but Hosur route has umpteen tolls and be prepared to pay almost 400 bucks one way just for tolls alone !

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 3rd October 2013 at 22:58.
Old 3rd October 2013, 23:56   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
prepared to pay almost 400 bucks one way just for tolls alone ! -Ravi
Toll is exactly
40rs elevated expressway at BLR
Atibele 25rs
Krishna giri 55rs
Walajapet 70rs
Pallikonda 70rs
Vellore 30
45rs sripermbur
Old 12th October 2013, 10:45   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Toll is exactly
40rs elevated expressway at BLR
Atibele 25rs
Krishna giri 55rs
Walajapet 70rs
Pallikonda 70rs
Vellore 30
45rs sripermbur
Yes that's what we have to pay for the roads we get to drive on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you are starting on a weekend, plan to start by 4AM. Thats the best time to beat the Hosur-Krishnagiri traffic and chaos.

Krishnagiri-Vellore has lots of diversions. But still its quite peaceful. Post Kanchipuram its quite a chaos the road and the condition is also patchy. If you are heading for South Chennai, suggest you exit at Sriperumbudur and take the SH to Tambaram via Mudichur.
Here is the update from my end

Roads are a bliss to drive *whenever we are presented with 3 laned roads*. For folks from B'lore rest of the journey must be similar to driving in the City / ORR trying to avoid the pot holes and evading traffic.

Traffic after Sriperambadur is similar to city traffic and we have some real challenges in terms of obstacles

Still recommend this route as I got to chennai in less than 7 hrs with an early morning start

Cheers
Old 15th October 2013, 15:37   #1331
Distinguished - BHPian

Did Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore last weekend.
Onward journey - 12 Oct - Started from home near Marathahalli around 04.30 AM, reached Silkboard in 20 mins and took BETL.
As mentioned in post above road condition after Attibele toll is bad, had also there are few diversions now soon after Hosur. However road condition improves few Km's after Hosur it remains same way till Vellore.
Was able to maintain steady speed on Krishnagiri - Vellore route. Once you cross Wallajah toll booth road condition again deteriorates. Good thing is saw road shoulder area was leveled for widening towards Sriperumbedur, though didn't see any work in progress.
On reaching Chennai took Poonamalle high road towards Koyambedu market and took right towards Vadapalani. Reached home around 9.50 AM. Around 5 hours 20 mins including a break of around 10 mins at Shoolagiri HP COCO.

Return was on 14th Oct. Anticipating a crowded extended drive started from home at Vadapalani earlier than usual at 2.00 PM, took the same Koyambedu market route since previous time had taken Porur road and got stuck at traffic block for around an hour. Was able to reach Shoolagiri HP COCO by 06.00 PM after driving non stop. Took a break of around 30 Mins at Shoolagiri, traffic had increased suddenly by then.
Was able to reach home at Marathahalli by 07.45 PM, overall was a relaxed drive since most of toll booths were less congested.
Around 5.45 mins with half hour break.

Both to and fro travels took considerably lesser time than previous trips mostly because six lane between Vellore - Krishnagiri completed.
Old 15th October 2013, 16:46   #1332
BHPian

Have a quick question? Is the A2B Chinnar closed? I had tried accessing it when coming from Bangalore but could not as the road has shifted.
Old 15th October 2013, 17:36   #1333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have a quick question? Is the A2B Chinnar closed? I had tried accessing it when coming from Bangalore but could not as the road has shifted.
It is very much open. However due to a bridge constructed as part of 6 lane the road is shifted away from hotel. Due to which it is not easily visible from road. When going from Bangalore you have to take the left (old road before bridge was constructed) or a slight off road type of path from to reach the hotel.

They have put of few signboards marking the place to take the turn. However if you are travelling during heavy traffic chances are you can easily miss that.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 23:07   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
But then, if you missed A2B, few kilometers down towards Krishnagiri is the all new Saravana Bhavan that is difficult to miss on your left.
Old 25th October 2013, 11:11   #1335
BHPian

Thanks for the update. Had intended to fill fuel there but since I missed my next option was the COMCO outlet just after Pallikonda toll. The fuel quality (Diesel) in COMCO was really bad with my car struggling for power. It only went away when during my next refill at my regular outlet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks