Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2013, 11:58   #1336
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Had intended to fill fuel there but since I missed my next option was the COMCO outlet just after Pallikonda toll.
There is an IOC COCO outlet somewhere in same area with a Cafe Coffee day outlet along. Had filled petrol from there couple of times and found no issues.

I am unable to find the place on Google Maps, also during my last drive due to road widening the surroundings looked different hence was unable to locate the bunk.
Old 25th October 2013, 12:31   #1337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
There is an IOC COCO outlet somewhere in same area with a Cafe Coffee day outlet along. Had filled petrol from there couple of times and found no issues.
If you are referring to CCD and the petrol bunk just after Pallikonda toll, thats the HP one. Not aware of an IOC CCD location.
Old 25th October 2013, 19:26   #1338
BHPian

Agree! The one at Pallikonda Toll is HP COMCO, Eriyankadu. Also has a CCD and Woodlands restaurant. One can have a discount at the restaurant if one buys a certain amount of fuel at this place.

Last edited by DWind : 25th October 2013 at 19:30.
Old 27th October 2013, 08:47   #1339
BHPian

Hello,

Need to drive to Chennai and back from Koramangala for a day trip to Chennai - Anna Salai. I usually take GQ, but this time, need to pick up a colleague from Cox Town and drop him back on return. Planning to start at 5am.

Looking at google maps, looks like Palmaner - Chittoor or Gudiyattam may be the optimal route than coming back from Cox town to GQ.

Any pointers on recent road conditions (looks decent fly comments) and more importantly any protests in AP on this section?

Thanks!
Old 27th October 2013, 09:31   #1340
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsbabu View Post
Need to drive to Chennai and back from Koramangala for a day trip to Chennai - Anna Salai. I usually take GQ, but this time, need to pick up a colleague from Cox Town and drop him back on return. Planning to start at 5am.
- I would say start even earlier; 3:30/4AM
- Pick your friend and still take the 4-lane
- Annasalai means travel related work I assume. (visa etc)
- Don't take a chance with the AP border.
Old 27th October 2013, 10:44   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
- I would say start even earlier; 3:30/4AM
- Pick your friend and still take the 4-lane
- Annasalai means travel related work I assume. (visa etc)
- Don't take a chance with the AP border.
Thanks Ampere. This is for a 2-5pm meeting to demo some product - I think 5am from Cox town should still get me out to Hosur by 630am - enough to escape Bangalore traffic.
Old 27th October 2013, 11:03   #1342
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Ampere. This is for a 2-5pm meeting to demo some product - I think 5am from Cox town should still get me out to Hosur by 630am - enough to escape Bangalore traffic.
If you are driving on on a weekday, I think that would be fine. But on a weekend (esp long weekends) 6:30 is way too late. All places from roads to BF joints invariably tend to over flow!
Old 27th October 2013, 11:17   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hosur time even at 5AM is a nightmare (dawnmare??) on all days. In my next trip which is around 9/11, I plan to cross Hosur before 4:30. Last time it took me close to an hour from KA/TN border to beyond Hosur town.
Old 27th October 2013, 19:43   #1344
Senior - BHPian

A Ford Fiesta Diesel is leaving for Bangalore (Vidyaranyapura) on 31st evening for Diwali, and will return by Sunday (3rd Nov) night. A Bangalore based chap from our apartment complex and his colleague are going. There is space for two more passengers, on cost sharing basis. If anyone is interested, please PM me for his phone number.

Last edited by GTO : 28th October 2013 at 18:38. Reason: Removing unnecessary image at the bottom. Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 21:49   #1345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
the all new Saravana Bhavan
Revisited this place on Friday 25th around 2pm. Not sure if it is the original Saravana Bhavan as it doesnt have their typical logo. They served only meals and paratha curry at lunch time. Food was good though. No coffee, dosas or light stuff till 4pm I was told. Of course, there are the 'KDC's all over these days (KDC being Kumbakonam Degree Coffee). Any one can commend on KDC experience?
Old 28th October 2013, 22:36   #1346
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
Revisited this place on Friday 25th around 2pm. Not sure if it is the original Saravana Bhavan as it doesnt have their
I dont think its the original. There is one by the same name even in Salem near the bus stand!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 23:53   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I dont think its the original. There is one by the same name even in Salem near the bus stand!
Actually this Saravana Bhavan near Krishnagiri and the one before the Sankari toll belong to the group that owns the restaurant with the same name at the Palladam turn-off of the Coimabtore L&T bye-pass.

The one at Salem near the bus stand is a different group. They have been in business for almost 2 decades in Salem and quite famous in and around Salem. Their bakery is really good. Apparently, I saw them opening up their share of highway dine-in near Sankari as well!! More news after my Diwali trip on the stretch!
Old 29th October 2013, 04:56   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post

Actually this Saravana Bhavan near Krishnagiri and the one before the Sankari toll belong to the group that owns the restaurant with the same name at the Palladam turn-off of the Coimabtore L&T bye-pass.
The difference is that both these restaurants are known as shri saravana bhavan and not the regular saravana bhavan. Even saravana bhavan's website says that they have outlets only at chennai, kanchi, and vellore in TN.
Old 29th October 2013, 07:52   #1349
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post

The one at Salem near the bus stand is a different group. They have been in business for almost 2 decades in Salem and quite famous in and around Salem. Their bakery is really good. Apparently, I saw them opening up their share of highway dine-in near Sankari as well!! More news after my Diwali trip on the stretch!
Very true. I have had food at Salem outlet. Its quite decent. Only thing is you should be able to find a parking slot.

Many members have had food at the Sankari outlet. And I read the place seems to be quite decent. Also the Krishnagiri one seems to be a quite a decent place. Esp a good place to break, after crossing the madness that is Bangalore-Krishnagiri.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 22:35   #1350
J.Ravi

The genuine Hotel Saravana Bhavan [HSB] has branches at Chennai, Kanchipuram, Vellore and Delhi in India apart from overseas branches/franchisees. All others are fakes. They play around with different spellings and prefixes and suffixes. Similarly, there are many fake Sangeetha's in Tamil Nadu. In these fakes, the food might be good, but they are encashing on HSB's look-alike names. I stay away from these fakes.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 29th October 2013 at 22:38.
  (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks