Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2015, 22:03   #1891
BHPian

Guys, I might need to travel to Bangalore next Thursday and Friday for an official meeting. My office is located on Primrose Road. Since wife and kid is planning to join me, I may not be able to accommodate them in company guest house. So was looking for a decent hotel near office. From makemytrip checked out hotel Parag which is going for Rs.2069/- per night.
Anybody has an idea about this hotel. Or can someone recommend other options.
Thanks in advance.
Old 19th February 2015, 23:12   #1892
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

That's just off MG Road right? What is your budget?
Check tripadvisor.in which has several reviews. There is the Justa on MG Road which is around 4k a night but excellent value for money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Guys, I might need to travel to Bangalore next Thursday and Friday for an official meeting. My office is located on Primrose Road. Since wife and kid is planning to join me, I may not be able to accommodate them in company guest house. So was looking for a decent hotel near office. From makemytrip checked out hotel Parag which is going for Rs.2069/- per night.
Anybody has an idea about this hotel. Or can someone recommend other options.
Thanks in advance.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 07:30   #1893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
That's just off MG Road right? What is your budget?
Check tripadvisor.in which has several reviews. There is the Justa on MG Road which is around 4k a night but excellent value for money.
Yes its just off MG road. Since I am planning to reach Wednesday night and check out on Sunday, that will be four nights. So I am looking in the 2000-2500 range and close to office.
Old 20th February 2015, 07:51   #1894
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Yes its just off MG road. Since I am planning to reach Wednesday night and check out on Sunday, that will be four nights. So I am looking in the 2000-2500 range and close to office.
Check Ballal Residency. Its close by and walking distance from your office. Rates should be in the range I think. I am not sure though.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 16:23   #1895
BHPian

Yet another BLR-CHN run!
Walaja - Sriperumpudur section has improved a LOT. A long way to go, but it is far better than what it was few months ago. I would say, drive-able!

Chitoor route in the morning, spectacular with with some foggy mountain views!
Old 23rd February 2015, 00:36   #1896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babu.sundaram View Post
Yet another BLR-CHN run!
Walaja - Sriperumpudur section has improved a LOT. A long way to go, but it is far better than what it was few months ago. I would say, drive-able!

Chitoor route in the morning, spectacular with with some foggy mountain views!
Err.. I have to take my words back after coming back yesterday.

CHN-BLR side is very bumpy!

Mods, pl merge the posts..
Old 23rd February 2015, 09:23   #1897
Senior - BHPian

Folks
I intend to drive to chennai (Nanganallur) in the last week of March. I plan to go via Old Madras Road. My route will be via Chittoor, Sholinghur, Arakkonam, Sriperumbudur and then the SH 110 via Manimangalam.

How are the road conditions from Chittoot to Sriperumbudur??
Old 23rd February 2015, 11:47   #1898
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
I intend to drive to chennai (Nanganallur) in the last week of March. I plan to go via Old Madras Road. My route will be via Chittoor, Sholinghur, Arakkonam, Sriperumbudur and then the SH 110 via Manimangalam.
How are the road conditions from Chittoot to Sriperumbudur??
For the regular tolled route via Chittoor-Ranipet-NH 46-Sriperumbudur, I'd posted an update from January - here
But, I guess you're looking at a toll-free option via Sholinghur-Arakknonam ?
Old 23rd February 2015, 17:35   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Couple of days back i read in the Bangalore TOI that, based on the report submitted by Indian Road Congress (IRC), Madras High Court had warned NHAI to fix the road problems (~45 places) in stretch between Vellore and Madras before February 3rd 2015 else court will order to stop collecting Tolls in this section.

IRC will again inspect the road once the repair work is completed.

I hope NHAI takes a serious note about this and addresses the problems by making the surface smooth (not just patching it here and there). Else we will have a free ride post Feb 3rd, but in a bad road damaging axles & wheel alignments !!!

-Ravi
Anything happened with respect to the High court warning? Anybody who traveled recently can comment, whether NHAI fixed it or still pathetic?
Old 24th February 2015, 02:13   #1900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Anything happened with respect to the High court warning? Anybody who traveled recently can comment, whether NHAI fixed it or still pathetic?
Drove BLR-MAA yesterday. There are several patches and some portions relaid. There was still work going on at some places. Better than earlier, but still doesn't warrant the high toll that is being collected when you compare it with the rest of the 4 lanes in this part of the country.
Old 9th March 2015, 17:08   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Hope this should help you pick something for your evening, if not, let me know your specific interest, so can guide better.
Thanks for the great advise. I finished my trip on 16th Feb, but did not get a chance to update the forum.

We started around 5:30am on 13th Feb and reached our first stop Kancheepuram by 11am. The road all through was manageable. The 4 laning of the NH-4 is almost done till Palamaner. We stopped at Nandi for breakfast few km before the chittoor bypass.
Chittoor till Wallajah was slow stretch due to the single road.

In Chennai visited Beasant nagar beach,VGP gardens, Mamallapuram, T.Nagar etc.

The stay was taken care by Courtyard marriott, as I am a gold member of Marriott rewards. Nice ambience, comfortable rooms and courteous staff.

On the way back, we started ~4PM and reached Bangalore by 10PM on 15th. Stopped at Mr and Mrs Idlies just at the entrance of Palamaner. Didn't had high expectations, but surprisingly all the items we ordered were tasty and hygienic. Recommend this place.

Thanks to all Team BHPians for your advise. Quite helpful! Thank you!
ravinemala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 22:37   #1902
BHPian

I noticed on my trip to Chennai 2 weeks ago that most of the portions in the AP side of the Mulbagal-Chittoor stretch has been relaid. Overall it was fantastic roads all the way till Ranipet now!
Old 12th March 2015, 12:34   #1903
BHPian

Hi, will be driving to chennai tomorrow morning 7 30 from brigade road. Which is the bestvroute options. I will be staying in fisherman's cove on ECR. please also postvfuelling and eating joints on the way.
Old 12th March 2015, 13:19   #1904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
Hi, will be driving to chennai tomorrow morning 7 30 from brigade road. Which is the bestvroute options. I will be staying in fisherman's cove on ECR. please also postvfuelling and eating joints on the way.
In your case, Hosur road is the best option. I would suggest try to leave early so that you can avoid bangalore city traffic. Enroute you have pelnty of options to eat like Mcdonalds, A2B, kamat, Murugan Idly...etc
Old 12th March 2015, 13:50   #1905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
Brigade road - 7:30 AM
Shoolagiri HPCL - 9:00 AM (Have B'fast)
Krishnagiri - 11:00 AM
Ambur - 12:30 PM
Vellore - 1:30 PM (GRT or HSB or Arya Bhavan)
Kanchipuram - 3:30 PM
and follow this route to ECR - http://goo.gl/maps/Rfvbg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks