Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2015, 10:40   #1936
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
15-30 minutes maybe ? The answer to that question is simply going to be speculative
If you can, please start by 5am, it should be better.
If you intend driving beyond Salem, I would say make it 4 or 4.30am so that you can cross the town peacefully. 8am onwards, the highway ("bypass") around Salem is chock-a-block
Thank you! I dont know when the long wait time problem at this toll will be solved. Criminal waste of fuel and time!
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:03   #1937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercharlie View Post
Thank you! I dont know when the long wait time problem at this toll will be solved. Criminal waste of fuel and time!
If you are starting from East/S.East part of the city, you can go via Bagalur and skip the dreaded Attibele toll.
Old 2nd April 2015, 21:23   #1938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercharlie View Post
Leaving tomorrow morning for Salem at 6 am from Bangalore. Any idea of the wait time at Attibele toll on NH7 that can be expected given it is a long weekend?
You can expect traffic jam at the toll plaza for sure. I would suggest you to go below the flyover , take a right turn towards attibele, and keep proceeding till you cross TVS factory and reach the checkpost. From this checkpost, left turn will lead to hosur town while the straight road is the hosur by pass road. I would suggest you to take the latter
Once you proceed on the hosur by pass road, you will reach a 4 road junction. From this junction, take the left direction that leads to hosur railway station and hosur inner ring road. This road then joins the hosur-rayakottai SH. This SH is in a pretty good condition with minimal traffic.
Old 4th April 2015, 12:50   #1939
BHPian

Planning to leave from Chennai tomorrow (Sunday, 5th) around 2 PM so that I can be home at Whitefield by 8 PM. Will be taking the Krishnagiri route. Is this an Ok time or should I be prepared for long lines at toll booths / traffic snarls? Any other suggestions? Can't leave in the morning.. :(
Old 4th April 2015, 14:01   #1940
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Planning to leave from Chennai tomorrow (Sunday, 5th) around 2 PM so that I can be home at Whitefield by 8 PM. Will be taking the Krishnagiri route. Is this an Ok time or should I be prepared for long lines at toll booths
I would say make sure you are in town by five thirty. Else be ready to face the infamous long weekend return traffic.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 15:10   #1941
BHPian

Nimz- I took bus from Bangalore to chennai on 2nd April and started at around 6.15pm from Madiwala. Able to cross Hosur only around 8.30pm. Imagine the traffic during peak hours and plan your travel time accordingly for entering Bangalore.
couswheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 17:52   #1942
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to leave from Chennai tomorrow (Sunday, 5th) around 2 PM so that I can be home at Whitefield by 8 PM. Will be taking the Krishnagiri route. Is this an Ok time or should I be prepared for long lines at toll booths / traffic snarls? Any other suggestions? Can't leave in the morning.. :(
Chittoor route will be comparatively better. It also helps that your final destination is Whitefield.
luvurride is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 21:31   #1943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mate, I intend to leave chennai by 2:30 PM by car and i will be taking the following route Via Tiruvallur, Tiruthani, Nagari, Chittoor and the usual Old Madras route to Bangalore.
Will update everyone about this route and the road conditions.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 07:48   #1944
BHPian

Hi friends I am planning a travel to Chennai from Bangalore next week. Can someone suggest me how is the below route in terms of road conditions:

Bangalore- Chittoor- Tiruthani-Tiruvallur-Perumalpattu-Thirumazhisai-Koyembedu-T.Nagar.

I would prefer to cut down the toll tax as much as possible. Few months back I saw toll booths coming on the Kolar NH just near Hoskote. Is it operational now? I don't mind paying one or two tolls.

My doubts:

1. Please tell me how many tolls are operating on the above route?

2. Is there any other better route than the one which I have mentioned? ( I do not want to travel on the regular Krishnagiri- Vellore- Sriperumbudur route which involves tolls)

Please suggest..

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by rki2007 : 5th April 2015 at 07:49.
Old 6th April 2015, 08:55   #1945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi friends I am planning a travel to Chennai from Bangalore next week. Can someone suggest me how is the below route in terms of road conditions:

Bangalore- Chittoor- Tiruthani-Tiruvallur-Perumalpattu-Thirumazhisai-Koyembedu-T.Nagar.

I would prefer to cut down the toll tax as much as possible. Few months back I saw toll booths coming on the Kolar NH just near Hoskote. Is it operational now? I don't mind paying one or two tolls.

My doubts:

1. Please tell me how many tolls are operating on the above route?

2. Is there any other better route than the one which I have mentioned? ( I do not want to travel on the regular Krishnagiri- Vellore- Sriperumbudur route which involves tolls)

Please suggest..

Thanks in advance.
mate, I just returned from Chennai to Bangalore by car. I took the following route
Via Poonamallee, Tiruvallur, Tiruthanni, Nagari, Pallipettu, Chittoor and then the usual Old Madras Route to Bangalore.

Chennai to Tiruvallur roads are decent . They have been patched up at a number of places. Inside Tiruvallur, roads are OK.

Tiruvallur to Nagari via Tiruthanni is an excellent 2 lane tolled road. The toll amount is Rs 25.
Once you come to Nagari, ask the locals how to go to Pallipettu. Nagari to Pallipettu is a very good 2 lane road. Pallipettu to Chittoor is an excellent 2 lane road.

Infact i drove on the Chittoor-Pallipettu road at around 7 PM. Brilliant to say the least.

From Chittoor it is the usual Old Madras Route. We have one toll plaza getting ready at the KA AP border. Apart from this, we have 2 toll plazas in operation
Mulbagal - Rs 64
Hosakote - Rs 16.

For my onward journey, i took the following route

Via Kolar,Mulbagal, Palamaneer, Gudiyattam, Katpadi, Vellore, Kanchi by pass, Mannimangalam and Tambaram.

In the route above, I paid toll at Hosakote, Mulbagal and Chennasamudiram.

I will update everyone about my trip along with the snaps of the roads shortly.

Hope this helps
Old 6th April 2015, 09:51   #1946
BHPian

Thanks folks.. I did contemplate taking the Chittoor route but then I had a lot of stuff in my car and was driving alone so stuck to the known krishnagiri route. Left home at 2:30 PM odd and was at Atttibele at 6:30 PM. Minimal traffic even at the tolls. Then via Varthur into Whitefield which took another hour and a half thanks to slow moving traffic and unlit roads with speed breakers of gargantuan proportions every kilometer.
Old 7th April 2015, 07:28   #1947
Senior - BHPian

Hello all
Here is an update about my trip to chennai. Many a thanks to ravib for his advise regarding my return trip route.

ONWARD JOURNEY MAP

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-1.jpg

For the onward journey i took the following route Via Kolar,Mulbagal,Palamaneer,Gudiyattam,Katpadi,Vello re,Kanchi by pass and Manimangalam. I paid toll at Hosakote,Mulbagal and Chennasamudiram only. The Gudiyattam-Palamaneer stretch is a treat to drive with sparse traffic and winding roads. Roads are good on the AP side and very good on the TN side.
Katpadi-Gudiyattam stretch is an absolute bliss to drive.

PALAMANEER-GUDIYATTAM ROAD

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150402_154842.jpg
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150402_155524.jpg
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150402_160245.jpg
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150402_160452.jpg
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150402_160906.jpg
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150402_161003.jpg
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150402_163350.jpg
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150402_162322.jpg

KATPADI-GUDIYATTAM ROAD

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150402_164821.jpg
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150402_164834.jpg

RETURN JOURNEY MAP

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-2.jpg

For the return journey, i came via Poonamallee,Tiruvallur,Tiruthanni,Nagari,Pallipett u,Chittoor and the usual Old Madras Road to Bangalore.

Roads inside Tiruvallur are okish while from Chennai to Tiruvallur, the roads are pretty decent. The Tiruvallur-Tirutanni stretch is a bliss to drive. It is a 2 lane road with toll being collected at Tiruthanni. I went on this road all the way till Nagari and then entered Pallipettu.
Nagari-Pallipettu road is a pretty good 2 lane road. The Pallipettu-Chittoor road is a stunner. Brilliant road

CHENNAI-TIRUVALLUR ROAD

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150405_155715.jpg
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150405_160650.jpg
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150405_160858.jpg

TIRUVALLUR-NAGARI VIA TIRUTHANNI

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150405_162412.jpg
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150405_163732.jpg
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150405_163816.jpg
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150405_163841.jpg
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150405_175035.jpg

NAGARI-PALLIPETTU ROAD

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150405_180744.jpg

PALLIPETTU-CHITTOOR ROAD

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-20150405_182629.jpg

For the return journey, i paid toll at Tiruthanni,Mulbagal and Hosakote only.

Last edited by suresh_gs : 7th April 2015 at 07:39.
suresh_gs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 11:05   #1948
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
For the return journey, i came via Poonamallee,Tiruvallur,Tiruthanni,Nagari,Pallipett u,Chittoor and the usual Old Madras Road to Bangalore.
This is an interesting route, thanks for the same.

Could you please let know the route you took to reach Thiruvallur, was it SH 50 or Chennai ring road (which I am not sure if its open).
Old 7th April 2015, 11:20   #1949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
This is an interesting route, thanks for the same.

Could you please let know the route you took to reach Thiruvallur, was it SH 50 or Chennai ring road (which I am not sure if its open).
I left Nanganallur and reached Poonamallee before joining the Bangalore highway. On the left side you find SRI MOTEL HIGHWAY. From this junction i took a right turn that leads to Tiruvallur.

Yes, I went via SH50

Last edited by suresh_gs : 7th April 2015 at 11:25.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 14:34   #1950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Hello all
Here is an update about my trip to chennai. Many a thanks to ravib for his advise regarding my return trip route.
My pleasure Suresh

Glad to know the roads are still in great condition ! The kilometers are also more or less same and not a big detour.

The interesting part is the drive goes between TN & AP.
Tiruttani is in TN and then you enter Nagari in AP and then again you enter TN to reach Pallipattu and again you enter AP to reach Chittoor. So guys with yellow/black board vehicles, please watch out so that you don't end up paying road taxes multiple times

Only little bit of pain is to cross through the Nagari town via Bus stand & Market to reach Pallipattu road. But thats not a big deal as it is only for couple of minutes.

-Ravi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks