Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2015, 14:46   #1951
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
My pleasure Suresh

Glad to know the roads are still in great condition ! The kilometers are also more or less same and not a big detour.

The interesting part is the drive goes between TN & AP.
Tiruttani is in TN and then you enter Nagari in AP and then again you enter TN to reach Pallipattu and again you enter AP to reach Chittoor. So guys with yellow/black board vehicles, please watch out so that you don't end up paying road taxes multiple times

Only little bit of pain is to cross through the Nagari town via Bus stand & Market to reach Pallipattu road. But thats not a big deal as it is only for couple of minutes.

-Ravi
Very well said Ravi. For my onward and return journey, roads were in pristine condition. Even in Nagari, traffic was less and i did not get stuck up due to traffic.
Yes it was great to enter states multiple times. Infact on my return trip, i entered into Tiruthanni town and then asked the locals how to go to Nagari and Chittoor.
One of them suggested me to go via Sholinghur and then to Chittoor. He also said roads were good and that going via Nagari was roundabout route. I was in 2 minds whether to go via Sholinghur or via Nagari. Finally i decided to go via Nagari.
Old 7th April 2015, 15:51   #1952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Via Poonamallee, Tiruvallur, Tiruthanni, Nagari, Pallipettu, Chittoor and then the usual Old Madras Route to Bangalore.
How long did you take in sections till Chittoor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Bangalore- Chittoor- Tiruthani-Tiruvallur-Perumalpattu-Thirumazhisai-Koyembedu-T.Nagar
For Thirumazhisai-T.Nagar either take Outer Ring Road to Vandalur and take GST to T.Nagar or the Poondamalee Bypass-Kattupakkam-SRMC-Porur-Kathipara-T.Nagar. Will prefer the former.

Thirumazhisai-Koyambedu-T.Nagar would be more slow moving.
Old 7th April 2015, 17:23   #1953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
How long did you take in sections till Chittoor?
I left Nanganallur at 3 PM and went via Poonamallee,Tiruvallur,Thiruthanni, Nagari,Pallipettu and Chittoor to Bangalore. By the time i reached Chittoor it was close to 7:00 PM. This includes 30 min break for tiffin and i entered Poonamallee rather than taking the by pass. I would have lost about 5-10 min because of this.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 00:27   #1954
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it was great to enter states multiple times. Infact on my return trip, i entered into Tiruthanni town and then asked the locals how to go to Nagari and Chittoor.
One of them suggested me to go via Sholinghur and then to Chittoor. He also said roads were good and that going via Nagari was roundabout route. I was in 2 minds whether to go via Sholinghur or via Nagari. Finally i decided to go via Nagari.
When I did this route in November, I took Sholinghar, but the stretch after Sholinghar was a little patchy. On hindsight, Nagari seems to be a ugh better option.
Old 14th April 2015, 07:34   #1955
Senior - BHPian

Folks
I forgot to mention one more point. During my visit to Mahabalipuram, i observed the 4 laning of ECR was in full swing.
I think this is the best solution to counter the no. of accidents on that stretch.
Old 14th April 2015, 07:56   #1956
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Folks
I forgot to mention one more point. During my visit to Mahabalipuram, i observed the 4 laning of ECR was in full swing.
I think this is the best solution to counter the no. of accidents on that stretch.
Is that only till Mahabalipuram? Or is it planned all the way till Pondicherry?
Old 14th April 2015, 07:59   #1957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is that only till Mahabalipuram? Or is it planned all the way till Pondicherry?
I went till Mahabalipuram only and saw the 4 laning work in progress. No idea as to whether the 4 laning is extended up to Puducherry.
Old 17th April 2015, 11:21   #1958
Senior - BHPian

What is the fastest route from Egmore to Chengalpet for a 10am start?
Old 17th April 2015, 11:22   #1959
Team-BHP Support

Folks heading on NH7, please take care. Hosur/Krishnagiri has received quite some rains in the last days. Many places on the highway around Hosur are waterlogged. Especially if you are speeding through, you may suddenly get hit by these waterlogged areas (Esp early morning times when you may see it coming).
Old 17th April 2015, 11:59   #1960
BHPian

Me with family are coming back to Bangalore after a short vacation tomorrow - 18/04/2015 Saturday. Have concerns about entering Karnataka tomorrow since there is a Bandh call related to Mekedattu Dam issue. But will enter only at or post 7pm. I guess it is safe post 6pm. Does any one disagree?
Old 17th April 2015, 12:06   #1961
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvayyat View Post
Me with family are coming back to Bangalore after a short vacation tomorrow - 18/04/2015 Saturday. Have concerns about entering Karnataka tomorrow since there is a Bandh call related to Mekedattu Dam issue. But will enter only at or post 7pm. I guess it is safe post 6pm. Does any one disagree?
That should be OK. Beyond 6PM should be fine. But do take care about rains and water logging.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 12:13   #1962
Senior - BHPian

Drove back from Chennai last night and didnt come across any rain until I entered elevated expressway in Hosur, then came the downpour but didnt trouble me as I had already reached. However on my drive to Chennai on the 15th, there was some heavy rain with almost zero visibility beyond 2-3 metres starting from Ambur. Due to the median plantation drains, there were streams of water coming on the highway which cause heavy loss of traction when coming across those stream at speeds above 70km/hr. A lot of cars were parked on the side of the road due to this and poor visibility.

Do drive with caution especially at nights. Bangalore seems to be getting heavy rainfall post 8pm.
Old 17th April 2015, 12:13   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
But do take care about rains and water logging.
Thanks @ampere. Still motorable amidst water-logging? Otherwise I will have to plan for bypassing these.
Old 17th April 2015, 12:24   #1964
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvayyat View Post
Thanks @ampere. Still motorable amidst water-logging? Otherwise I will have to plan for bypassing these.
Its definitely possible. Just that its logged at one end of the road. You just need to be patient. Hopefully it will subside. Just that it may add to some delays.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 16:22   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
What is the fastest route from Egmore to Chengalpet for a 10am start?
Egmore - Mount road - Guindy - Tambaram - Chengalpet. With a 10 am start plan for 2.5 hrs. If possible take the suburban train.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks