Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2015, 14:20   #2131
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Witnessed couple of TBhpians on the road this morning.

One Ford, not sure Aspire or Fiesta, nearly black having Got BHP? stickers on the rear, overtook me 4:54 at Kanchipuram & last spotted at Krishnagiri service lane around 7:00 PM; Next was a white Spark with LTD sticker on the ride around 6:15 PM between Ambur & Vaniyambadi, we exchanged our eye contact.
Old 26th October 2015, 16:17   #2132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
The return leg, left home at 02:45 and saw a huge jam in the first toll at Chennasamudram. Took a good 20 mins crawl to pay and cross the toll. This made me take a quick decision to take the right turn towards Chittoor, anticipating huge crowds in the other tolls too. That was a bad decision , which I regretted at the CHittoor byepass, wherein a gush of vehicles from Tirupati joined and overtaking the looong trailers was really a pain. Reached home at 09:45 after 40 mins dinner break at Woody's in Kolar.

I was travelling back from Trichy.Was bypassing Banglore Hosur-Hoskote-Devanahalli.
Had to Take a U turn at Hoskote toll to reach Devanahalli road took a cool 20 mins.Traffic was very high It was between 8pm and 8.30 pm
Old 26th October 2015, 16:48   #2133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
I was travelling back from Trichy.Was bypassing Banglore Hosur-Hoskote-Devanahalli.
Had to Take a U turn at Hoskote toll to reach Devanahalli road took a cool 20 mins.Traffic was very high It was between 8pm and 8.30 pm
Why is there no other option?

Shouldn't the below option work? (I tried this long back but during day time). Yes you have Hoskote town traffic for sure.

Route Link
Old 26th October 2015, 16:57   #2134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Why is there no other option?

Shouldn't the below option work? (I tried this long back but during day time). Yes you have Hoskote town traffic for sure.

Route Link

I did not anticipate so much crowd at Hoskote toll .
In fact after the down ramp of the Hoskote flyover there is a median that crosses over to Devanahalli road that was closed with concrete blocks.
Next time will try the route suggested.
Old 27th October 2015, 12:32   #2135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I guess coming via Sriperumbudur-Vandalur-Kelambakkam makes best sense.
How is the condition of road Vandalur-Kelambakkam-OMR. Inspite of staying near Navalur, i had never taken this route and take the slower and longer Sholiganalur-Medavakkam-Tambaram GST.
Old 28th October 2015, 18:00   #2136
J.Ravi

Last night, while driving from Chennai to Bangalore, I found a newly-opened Hotel Saravana Bhavan - original, genuine, authentic and not a fake - on the LHS, while driving from Chennai towards Bangalore, a few km before Kanchipuram turn-off, ~70 km from Chennai, near Meenakshi medical college & hospital.
  (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 09:11   #2137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Last night, while driving from Chennai to Bangalore, I found a newly-opened Hotel Saravana Bhavan - original, genuine, authentic and not a fake - on the LHS, while driving from Chennai towards Bangalore, a few km before Kanchipuram turn-off, ~70 km from Chennai, near Meenakshi medical college & hospital.
You mean the Erode/CBE based Saravana Bhavan or the ones we have in the city (Chennai/Vellore/Kanchi etc)? Because the city Saravana Bhava has hardly expanded to the highways.
Old 29th October 2015, 11:20   #2138
BHPian

Quote:
You mean the Erode/CBE based Saravana Bhavan or the ones we have in the city (Chennai/Vellore/Kanchi etc)? Because the city Saravana Bhava has hardly expanded to the highways.
This is Chennai based HSB. http://www.saravanabhavan.com/restau...cy=Kanchipuram

They opened last week and there were advts in chennai news papers. I think this is the one in google maps;
https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...a5628e1345761d

Last edited by maheshramaling : 29th October 2015 at 11:24.
maheshramaling is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 16:06   #2139
J.Ravi

Quote:
the ones we have in the city (Chennai/Vellore/Kanchi etc)?
The original, authentic and genuine Hotel Saravana Bhavan. Few days back, I saw an ad on a Tamil newspaper announcing the inauguration of their new outlet on NH 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I will stop here tomorrow while returning to Bangalore
Here are some photographs shared by a fellow-BHP'ian fusionbang through WhatsApp, who had his lunch there just an hour ago:

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-img20151029wa0004.jpg

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-img20151029wa0006.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 29th October 2015 at 16:13.
  (7) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 21:56   #2140
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
How is the condition of road Vandalur-Kelambakkam-OMR. Inspite of staying near Navalur, i had never taken this route and take the slower and longer Sholiganalur-Medavakkam-Tambaram GST.

The vundalur-kelambakkam road is very good. Drove this route on the 17th. You just have a 50 meter section at oragadam near Appolo tyres which is just ok.The turn in to this road after Nokia is narrow.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 29th October 2015 at 21:57.
Old 29th October 2015, 22:40   #2141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
The vundalur-kelambakkam road is very good[...] You just have a 50 meter section at oragadam near Appolo tyres which is just ok.The turn in to this road after Nokia is narrow.
Oragadam, Apollo Tyres, Nokia etc. are far away from Vandalur-Kelambakkam Road. Not sure what the relevance of those is, in the present discussion.
Old 29th October 2015, 22:50   #2142
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore

Quote:
Oragadam, Apollo Tyres, Nokia etc. are far away from Vandalur-Kelambakkam Road. Not sure what the relevance of those is, in the present discussion.

Pls read post # 2135 along with quote. So if you are travelling from Sriperambadur, that's the route I take to Kelambakkam.
Nokia turn right. Oragadam(Appolo)-Vandalur- Kelambakkam.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 29th October 2015 at 22:52.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 18:10   #2143
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
I am actually OK with the radial road traffic. If one is there at the right time, it should be fine.
Follow this route to the T : Route Link

This works like a charm. I use this option all the time.

Few Notes:
- At point A on NH4 you CANNOT turn to the Tambaram road.
- You have to go ahead, take a U and come back
- Note there is fork on NH4. One leads to Tambaram/Kundrathur, while the other leads to Oragadam.
- Once you take a U and come back to take a left, that left turn would be almost like another U turn.
- At point C you will exit for Tamabaram. The straight roads goes to Kundrathur
- The road has some blind turns. Be aware and take care.
- You go below two main trunk roads (Chennai bypass and the Outer ring road)
- Once you reach E, take a left. These are relatively smaller roads and are crowded. But you will pass. You basically bypass Tambaram station crowd.
- At point F you join GST
- While on GST, go below the first over bridge exit (Chromepet). Take the second one (at point G)
- Once on 200 feet (Radial Road) you hit your destination

Since you start at 8PM, I dont know how good the Tambaram-Sriperumbudur road is at night. I would let the Chennai guys comment on that.
Thanks Ampere, your directions helped me reach Tambaram/Chromepet from Bangalore over the weekend. Road conditions are good on this stretch (Sriperumpudur-Mudichur-Tambaram) except for some pot holes at the beginning of the Industrial area stretch. I took the right turn on NH4 after Nokia factory, and the Traffic cop on duty allowed me to enter the service road (one way) towards the Mudichur Road.

On GST Road, Traffic cops pulled me over for routine vehicle documents check. I had no issues except that they told me the Fiber Glass number plates are not allowed TN. Need to use Metal number plates.
Old 31st October 2015, 08:28   #2144
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Pls read post # 2135 along with quote. So if you are travelling from Sriperambadur, that's the route I take to Kelambakkam.
Nokia turn right. Oragadam(Appolo)-Vandalur- Kelambakkam.
Thanks. So you'd recommend the Oragadam route over all the other options of connecting from NH4 near Sriperumbudur to NH45 near Tambaram? How is the one through Perungalathur? I'll be driving from Bangalore later today, and I expect to be in Chennai only after 9 PM. My destination is Navallur on OMR (south end of the toll road).

On my return (Sunday afternoon) want to try Thiruporur-Singaperumal Koil-Walajabad-Kanchipuram. Any updates on the road conditions?
Old 31st October 2015, 10:18   #2145
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore

Quote:
Thanks. So you'd recommend the Oragadam route over all the other options of connecting from NH4 near Sriperumbudur to NH45 near Tambaram? How is the one through Perungalathur? I'll be driving from Bangalore later today, and I expect to be in Chennai only after 9 PM. My destination is Navallur on OMR (south end of the toll road).

On my return (Sunday afternoon) want to try Thiruporur-Singaperumal Koil-Walajabad-Kanchipuram. Any updates on the road conditions?
Don't take the Singaperumal route. It's not good. I would suggest you take the

Sriperumbudur - Manimangalam - Mudichur - Vandalur - Kelambakkam - Navalur. This is the best option.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Na...12.9331232!3e0

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks