Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2016, 10:02   #2296
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

How is the current road condition on the stretch Sriperumbudur - Mudichur - Tambaram?
I drove this route in November last year and I have heard about it getting damaged in the floods.
My family is driving down from Blore this weekend and in my opinion this is the best route to take for people reaching anyplace in south Chennai.
So, latest update here would be very helpful.
Old 9th March 2016, 14:17   #2297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
How is the current road condition on the stretch Sriperumbudur - Mudichur - Tambaram?
Did this route 10 days back and its very good. Except for a small stretch between JK tyre factory and Sriperumbudur, rest of the roads are smooth.
Old 9th March 2016, 14:39   #2298
BHPian

Quote:
Have done multiple trips on BLR-CHN over the past couple of months.
Have been sticking on to the Bangalore-Bagalur-Hosur-Vellore-Kanchipuarm-Walajabad-Oragadam-Padappai-Vandalur-Tambaram route.

Except for the Kanchipuram town traffic (which is always moving), it has been a good road to reach Pallavaram.
Best timings were 06:00 AM start from BLR and 11:45 reach at Pammal with a 30 mins break at Sai Sangeet after Vaniyambadi Toll and couple of short 5 mins stretch breaks.
hamster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 15:05   #2299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
Did this route 10 days back and its very good. Except for a small stretch between JK tyre factory and Sriperumbudur, rest of the roads are smooth.
Thanks. I think you are referring to the route via Oragadam, which is always good, due to the lane separators. To be specific, my query was for SH110 which passes through Manimangalam. This used be the fastest route and was in pristine condition before the floods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
Have done multiple trips on BLR-CHN over the past couple of months.
Have been sticking on to the Bangalore-Bagalur-Hosur-Vellore-Kanchipuarm-Walajabad-Oragadam-Padappai-Vandalur-Tambaram route.
I took this route once and got stuck in the heavy GST traffic at Vandalur. So I tend to avoid this.
Old 9th March 2016, 15:13   #2300
BHPian

Quote:
my query was for SH110 which passes through Manimangalam. .
Yes, I was referring to the manimangalam route only. Its in very good condition.
pisthpeeps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 15:38   #2301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks. I think you are referring to the route via Oragadam, which is always good, due to the lane separators. To be specific, my query was for SH110 which passes through Manimangalam. This used be the fastest route and was in pristine condition before the floods.
Quote:
Yes, I was referring to the manimangalam route only. Its in very good condition.
Even I took the Sriperumbudur-Manimangalam-Mudichur-Tambaram route a couple of times in early January (after the floods) and as the other poster commented, the road is still very good - except for the congestion and some rough patches in the section very close to Sriperumbudur and the crowded portions close to Tambaram (from around the point when you go under the Chennai bypass till you reach GST)
Old 9th March 2016, 16:28   #2302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Even I took the Sriperumbudur-Manimangalam-Mudichur-Tambaram route a couple of times in early January (after the floods) and as the other poster commented, the road is still very good - except for the congestion and some rough patches in the section very close to Sriperumbudur and the crowded portions close to Tambaram (from around the point when you go under the Chennai bypass till you reach GST)
Thanks!
I would suggest my family to take this route. They would be starting early from Bangalore, and since it is weekend, traffic on this stretch should not be of much problem.
Old 24th March 2016, 17:39   #2303
Distinguished - BHPian

On the Bangalore - Chennai highway, is there any landmark to identify Star Biriyani(Ambur)? I think this comes on the right side. Also, any other better stop for dinner for a 4:30 PM start from Bangalore?
Old 24th March 2016, 17:48   #2304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
On the Bangalore - Chennai highway, is there any landmark to identify Star Biriyani(Ambur)? I think this comes on the right side. Also, any other better stop for dinner for a 4:30 PM start from Bangalore?

Once you reach Ambur traffic light on the highway keep looking for star biriyani 1 km from the traffic light. And food options, veg are sai sangeet in between vaniyambadi and ambur. Or Hotel Aryas vellore, A2B arcot etc.
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 20:57   #2305
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think these days even the Chennai highway is turning on to become a food court. Its just no more A2B at Shoolagiri. Even before Krishnagiri you have multiple options.

Beyond you have options at Ambur, Pallikonda, Vellore, Kanchi etc.

Sai Sangeeth (Ambur and Walajah)
CCD: I have forgotten count now! (Pallikonda 2, Kanchi, Sriperumbudur etc)
Murugan Idli
Vasantha Bhavan : Pallikonda (along with CCD)
Anandas
Arya Bhavan (After Walajah toll)
And the list goes on!

Last edited by ampere : 24th March 2016 at 21:09.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 07:58   #2306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think these days even the Chennai highway is turning on to become a food court. Its just no more A2B at Shoolagiri. Even before Krishnagiri you have multiple options.

Beyond you have options at Ambur, Pallikonda, Vellore, Kanchi etc.

Sai Sangeeth (Ambur and Walajah)
CCD: I have forgotten count now! (Pallikonda 2, Kanchi, Sriperumbudur etc)
Murugan Idli
Vasantha Bhavan : Pallikonda (along with CCD)
Anandas
Arya Bhavan (After Walajah toll)
And the list goes on!
Not to forget the original HSB near Meenakshi College. Now the original Sangeethas has opened as well near Thirumazhisai Jn.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 22:23   #2307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We started at 4:30 PM from bangalore and plan was to stop at ambur for dinner, but we reached there little early by 6:30 PM. So, we skipped ambur and stopped at A2B, Arcot. It was an one-hour stop and we reached Guindy by 10:30 PM. The last 70 Kms was bumpy with some major truck traffic.

During the return journey, to beat the long weekend crowd at tolls, we started by 12:30 PM with packed food. And it really helped. First, all the hotels on the way were crowded. Second, except Krishnagiri toll we crossed all the tolls within a minute or two. Traffic at Krishnagiri toll was building up and it took around 6-7 minutes to cross. We reached BG road at 5:30 PM, this includes a 15 minutes stop at A2B, Shoolagiri.

As mentioned by ampere, lot of options now on the Krishnagiri - Chennai stretch. Here are the location of few hotels which I noted.

This is from Bangalore towards Chennai and after Krishnagiri,

Star Biriyani, Ambur - at around 155Kms from BG Road/NICE Road junction.
A2B, Arcot - at around 221 Kms. (left side)
After few Kms from A2B, I think there was an Anjappar outlet.
Murgans Idli - at around 241 Kms (right side)
Saravana Bhavan - at around 271 Kms (right side)
Dindigul Thalappakatti - at around 271 Kms (left side)

There are few Star Biriyani hotels even before and after Ambur. And, lot of other options as well.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 22:29   #2308
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
ound 271 Kms (left side)
There are few Star Biriyani hotels even before and after Ambur. And, lot of other options as well.
The other part to note is that Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri is now a full 6-lane with no diversions. That actually speeds things up quite a bit. (May be one of the prime reasons you reached Ambur faster). Bangalore-Krishnagiri is about 90km and with the 6-lane up, one can easily cover in 70-75 minutes flat provided one does not get stuck at the tolls. (And that too without over speeding).

Last but not least not to mention the Saravana Bhavans which have started operations on NH7 between Bangalore and Krishnagiri! There are just too many options out there!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 22:51   #2309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The other part to note is that Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri is now a full 6-lane with no diversions. That actually speeds things up quite a bit. (May be one of the prime reasons you reached Ambur faster). Bangalore-Krishnagiri is about 90km and with the 6-lane up, one can easily cover in 70-75 minutes flat provided one does not get stuck at the tolls. (And that too without over speeding).

Last but not least not to mention the Saravana Bhavans which have started operations on NH7 between Bangalore and Krishnagiri! There are just too many options out there!
Some thing that helped big time was the less crowd at attibele and krishnagiri toll. And yes, the six lane helps us to maintain good speeds. As per my initial plan, I was actually expecting at least 2 hours 30 minutes to ambur.
Old 28th March 2016, 09:47   #2310
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Some thing that helped big time was the less crowd at attibele and krishnagiri toll. And yes, the six lane helps us to maintain good speeds. As per my initial plan, I was actually expecting at least 2 hours 30 minutes to ambur.
True. Exactly what I mentioned earlier too. If you discount the toll booth times, the other place where time gets lost is the state-border where you get caught in a torrent of trucks.

Apart from the above two, the other big impediment was road blocks/deviations at Hosur. Today those are totally gone. Going past Hosur is a breeze. So in case, one times his/her drive to beat the state border traffic and toll booth traffic, one can easily go past Krishnagiri quite fast, as unlike the earlier times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks