Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2016, 08:29   #2401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is it comfortable to drive on this stretch at night? Did you feel the need for GPS?
It is fairly straight forward take a right at Palamaner and go until Gudiyatham, as Binand says the route is fairly safe with human establishments right through mostly. I have done this route at around 10 PM without any worries, you will have the odd truck traffic coming in the opposite direction particularly in the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasant.guru@gma View Post
Hi All, I live on Hosur Road near silkboard and need to reach Keelkatalai near Velachery tomorrow. Google maps suggests the shortest route Ambur- Vellore- Ranipet - Sriperumbudur - Chrompet- Keelkatalai as the shortest route. Is this the correct one or should I think of any alternate routes? I want to drive peacefully on the smoothest of roads with minimum possible traffic.
Take the Sripermbudhur - Mudichur route but suggest you come to Vandalur and take GST from there it could be more comfortable rather than passing through the West Tambaram localities which could be little crowded

Last edited by ampere : 4th September 2016 at 17:36. Reason: Back to back posts merged
pypkmsrikanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 17:34   #2402
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is it comfortable to drive on this stretch at night? Did you feel the need for GPS?
I have driven on this stretch before but that was in the day time. Hardly any traffic between Palamaneer to Gudiyattam. Post Gudiyattam traffic can be at times on the higher side. Post Palamaneer directions are very clear as to how to go to Gudiyattam. IMO GPS is not required here.
Old 5th September 2016, 10:05   #2403
Senior - BHPian

Article in the Hindu about how the new township coming up in Thirumazhisai is right in the path of natural water flow to the Chembarambakkam lake and may lead to the chennai Bangalore highway on that stretch getting flooded.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle9072735.ece
Old 5th September 2016, 11:05   #2404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
may lead to the chennai Bangalore highway on that stretch getting flooded.
Seems to me the article is saying that the approach road from the township to the highway will get flooded, not the highway itself.

Still, sad to see Chennai go the Bangalore way, with unbridled real estate development that show no concern for the environment, and no lessons learnt from the floods last year.
Old 5th September 2016, 12:12   #2405
Senior - BHPian

The highway such as it is, is also in for substantial flooding. That countryside is flat as a board and the so called highway at that point is a bumpy and potholed two lane.
Old 8th September 2016, 14:27   #2406
sud
BHPian

I am planning to travel to Chennai. Is Mulbagal-Chitoor route safe to take given the bandh situation tomorrow?
Old 8th September 2016, 14:37   #2407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
I am planning to travel to Chennai. Is Mulbagal-Chitoor route safe to take given the bandh situation tomorrow?
Try to leave Bangalore by 4 AM so that before 6 AM you are in AP. That makes you safe. Remember bandh starts from 6 AM to 6 PM
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 16:54   #2408
BHPian

Quote:
Why not drive down via Hosur, if you are in Bangalore. An early morning start of 4 AM will get you out of Bangalore and Karnataka within an hour from any part of Bangalore.
macbeth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 17:16   #2409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Go to Hosur via Sarjapura - Bagalur & you'll all be fine. I just rode last night & it was super breeze.

Updated here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post4052255
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 01:33   #2410
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guyz for the replies. We decided to start in evening. We started around 7p.m. from Whitefield and went via Atibele. No issues things were as usual.
Old 10th September 2016, 08:54   #2411
BHPian

Is it safe to take TN registered car to Bangalore? Had to go to Whitefield next week.
Old 10th September 2016, 09:13   #2412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
Is it safe to take TN registered car to Bangalore? Had to go to Whitefield next week.
Should be fine if there are no more bandhs or protests.
sairamboko is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 10:45   #2413
BHPian

Quote:
Generally, have never found this an issue. My many colleagues are having TN registered vehicles and they run quite happily in blr.

But advice caution in the present climate! Now that bandh is over, things should be fine, but one cannot rule out unruly elements waiting for a chance to cause nuisance / damage. Also sep 16, there is going to be some review or other. Not sure whether any new escalations will start. Better be safe than sorry. Avoid if you can, even though things may not escalate badly.

And if you are parking it in BLR, use a car cover, this will at least mask the number plates! some of my neighbours resorted to this method yesterday, during the bandh!
haria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 20:35   #2414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
Also sep 16, there is going to be some review or other. Not sure whether any new escalations will start.
I think it is on Sep 12th Monday. So better watch out for things very closely on Monday/Tuesday before making any travel plans.

EDIT: Just read news that It seems on Sept 15th, there is a Rail Roko planned between 6 am to 6 pm. So even if anyone is planning to take trains, please plan accordingly/expect disturbances or delays.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 10th September 2016 at 20:40.
ravib is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 21:13   #2415
BHPian

Quote:
I just drove from Chennai to Bangalore and onwards to chitradurga in my TN registered storme today. No problems. Travelling to dandeli tomorrow for a few days and then onwards to goa. Return to Chennai is again via Bangalore on 17-18 sep. Hope matters are resolved by then. I did see some anti riot vehicles stationed at the hosur Bangalore border today.

Last edited by Seek : 10th September 2016 at 21:14. Reason: Spelling mistakes
Seek is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed