Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2021, 13:24   #3661
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

On the Bangalore to Chennai (and return), is the Chitoor > Thiruttani > Thiruvallur > Nungambakkam route better or worse compared to Chitoor > Walaja > Sriperumbudur > Numgambakkam?
Old 6th October 2021, 13:43   #3662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
On the Bangalore to Chennai (and return), is the Chitoor > Thiruttani > Thiruvallur > Nungambakkam route better or worse compared to Chitoor > Walaja > Sriperumbudur > Numgambakkam?
A lot worse! Don't even bother. Thirumazhisai-Tiruvallur-Tiruttani is flooded with misc traffic in a 2-lane highway.

Walajah-Sriperumbudur too has misc traffic, but there is enough real estate for all size of vehicles to co-exist.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 12:35   #3663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
I need some advice from the frequent travellers on the Bangalore to Chennai route, we have to travel for US visa appointment on the 27th

*SNIP*

2. Is it possible to travel on 27th morning by 4;30 AM and make it to the biometric by 12:30 PM?
*SNIP*
When it comes to time-critical appointments like this I shall err on the side of paranoia and be there the previous night itself. Iffffffffff there is some problem on the way I would hate to miss the appointment and have to wait a very long timne for another.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 13:11   #3664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
When it comes to time-critical appointments like this I shall err on the side of paranoia and be there the previous night itself. Iffffffffff there is some problem on the way I would hate to miss the appointment and have to wait a very long timne for another.

Cheers
200% Agree. Well said

Quote:
I need some advice from the frequent travellers on the Bangalore to Chennai route, we have to travel for US visa appointment on the 27th and 28th October, 27th being for Biometric at 12:30 PM and 28th for consulate interview. Will be starting from Jayanagar.
1. Which route to take , Bangalore- Krishnagiri-Chennai ?
2. Is it possible to travel on 27th morning by 4;30 AM and make it to the biometric by 12:30 PM?
3. We are fully vaccinated and do we need RTPCR?
Although it is technically possible to reach Madras if you start around 4 am, but i would strongly suggest you reach previous day and avoid any risk or tension or rush. Who knows, if there is any heavy rains/cyclones or floods or any unexpected delays that could jeopardize your plans and risk you reaching on time. So best is you reach prior night, rest well, and go for US visa appointments in relaxed way.

Take Krishnagiri route as you are in Jayanagar and you don't need any ePass or RTPCR certificate.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 16:42   #3665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
200% Agree. Well said
Thanks tilt and ravib for your feedback...even I play it safe usually for something like this but my circumstances are such that it will take some delicate trapeze artist moves to be made at home . But ,I welcome your suggestions and see if I can reach Chennai a day prior.
Old 15th October 2021, 13:28   #3666
BHPian

Have to travel from Chennai to Mysore tomorrow. Starting early morning. Request the regulars to suggest the best route, considering the ongoing road works.
Old 16th October 2021, 21:04   #3667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin76 View Post
Have to travel from Chennai to Mysore tomorrow. Starting early morning. Request the regulars to suggest the best route, considering the ongoing road works.
Just stick to Vellore/Krishnagiri/Hosur/Electronic city/Nice Road->Mysore Road exit to join Mysore Highway.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 20:09   #3668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have to travel from Chennai to Mysore tomorrow. .
Is too late for you. I usually take Hosur-NICE-Nelamangala-Belur Cross-Srirangapatna-Mysore. Till the highway gets complete (hopefully without speed breakers), this would be my preferred route.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 19:45   #3669
BHPian

I could be a little late in posting this route update and this was not exactly Bangalore to Chennai but more like, Bangalore to Ambur via Hoskote, Kolar highway. The roads were good till the national highway but as we took a little detour to merge on SH from Kolar, the roads were okay with quite a few rough patches in between. My main goal was to have Ambur dum biryani at Star biryani and be back to Bangalore by 5PM max. While returning we took the usual Krishanigiri route.
Old 25th October 2021, 21:39   #3670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravarag View Post
I could be a little late in posting this route update and this was not exactly Bangalore to Chennai .
Is there a need for RTPCR or epass to enter TN?... I am driving on Wednesday early morning to Chennai.
Old 25th October 2021, 21:50   #3671
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a need for RTPCR or epass to enter TN?... I am driving on Wednesday early morning to Chennai.
Not required. You can drive through.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 06:11   #3672
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Just stick to Vellore/Krishnagiri/Hosur/Electronic city/Nice Road->Mysore Road exit to join Mysore Highway.

-Ravi
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Is too late for you. I usually take Hosur-NICE-Nelamangala-Belur Cross-Srirangapatna-Mysore. Till the highway gets complete (hopefully without speed breakers), this would be my preferred route.
An option worth a try Hosur-Thalli-Jowlagiri-Hunasanahalli-Kodihalli-Kanakpura-Malavalli-Bannur-Mysore.

The roads are good but mostly single lane. Nothing to eat on the way though and definitely not recommended when with family. But if one is inclined to enjoy a good drive; I think its a good 2-lane road south of Bangalore to bypass for Mysore.

Last edited by ampere : 26th October 2021 at 06:25.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 14:02   #3673
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks - need some help with route recommendations.

Bangalore - Old Mahabalipuram road (Sholinganallur) on Saturday morning, early morning 5am start, guess I will have to endure long weekend traffic, no escape!

Sholinganallur - Bangalore on Monday morning (Nov 1). Can start after 8am

**Is there a need for TN E pass or RTPCR ? I'm fully vaccinated so will have the digital copies of certificates.

Last edited by NPV : 26th October 2021 at 14:07.
Old 26th October 2021, 14:25   #3674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Folks - need some help with route recommendations..
Sriperumbudur-Oragadam-Vandalur-Mambakkam-Kelambakkam-Sholinganallur would be the most peaceful route even though its tad longer. Except for the right turn at Sriperumbudur, you'll not see traffic anywhere else.

No RT-PCR, no ePass, no double vax. No checking. Its open season!
narayans80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 14:54   #3675
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

^^Since KR Puram is closer for me, wondering if Bangalore-Chittoor would be fine ? Any roadwork in progress between Chittoor-Ranipet ?

Last edited by NPV : 26th October 2021 at 14:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks